No small joint manipulation/Aikido in UFC?

There are some good techniques in aikido but it's not practical for the most part against people that know how to fight. In a real street fight with multiple attackers I would rather have good boxing skills. Against 1 attacker I would rather have good wrestling/boxing or a combination of both. Aikido would be a waste of time against an opponent that's not cooperating....much like fake wrestling.

Just my opinion of course because I've never actually seen a real fight where aikido was used.

Why are so many retards talking about stuff they have no clue about?

weak thread

Steven%20Seagal%20StevenSeagal3.jpg

I see your Steven Seagal and raise you one Gene LeBell.

thats fu..ing savage man!

12 to 6 elbows to the spine???? not even in Pride!!!!!

Pride didn't even have elbow, lol! And yeah, that show is pretty savage, especially the part where 2 or more guys jump 1 dude.

After watching that show, it became clear to me that in those situations, the best martial arts are kickboxing/boxing (quick knockouts) and wrestling/Judo (takedown defense). Any ground fighting would be pretty useless and open yourself up to get stomped on. :icon_chee

yeah the guy who did aikido talked about how its almost like their so enlightened they dont have to spar

its not like the guy is full of shit or unintelligent but i just cant get behind all that,

That's called being delusional :wink:.

it seems to be more like a philosophy and learning movements then an effective martial arts style...

I think you're spot on. It's totally a philosophical martial art (with too much emphasis on the "art" and not much on the "martial" or fighting).

Quoted from wiki:

"Aikido is a Japanese martial art developed by Morihei Ueshiba as a synthesis of his martial studies, philosophy, and religious beliefs. Aikido is often translated as "the Way of unifying (with) life energy" or as "the Way of harmonious spirit.

Ueshiba's goal was to create an art that practitioners could use to defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury."

You can manipulate wrists and ankles all you want. Good luck manipulating wrists with all that tape though...

It's toes and fingers you can't.

Wrist and ankles can be manipulated (like in BJJ submissions), but not in the way Aikido imagined it - catching an on coming punch and twisting the wrist in mid air.

If there were sparring in Aikido, they would have figured out that catching the wrist in mid air doesn't work 99.99% of the time and abandoned that technique. :icon_lol:

My judo coach also teacges aikido. Iys a good combination and I think both arts should be taught together

My issue with Aikido is that your timing and coordination has to be perfect else the technique has failed and you'll find yourself in a very unfortunate. There doesn't seem to be any room for "jimmying" in Aikido.

Machida and Rousy fight like aikido
ka did before ww2 and the occupation of japan

Before the war and Ueda's change in thought aikido or aikijujitsu embraced sparring. Also judo was taught alongside it. Then the war came and the way the styles were taught changed

What caused Ueda's change in thought?

Machida has actually done some aikido techniques in mma. If I knew how to make gifs...

There is a book, it is called Budo,.. please read it to get real information on the subject before completely knocking the art.

There is a book, it is called Budo,.. please read it to get real information on the subject before completely knocking the art.

Yes everybody go read a book. Don't go and like train it in real life. That is exactly the problem with Martial arts/sports like Aikido. You don't use it really and do real sparring. You just fantasy about it and do some silly little play demonstrations.

The wrist is not considered a small joint. but the gloves and all the tapering makes almost impossible to apply wristlocks in mma. But it is totally legit in bjj.

Aikido isn't a legit martial art, end of fucking story. That bullshit does not work.

IN COMPETITION.

Aikido isn't a competition martial art. Just like Krav Maga and Marine Combatives are not competition martial arts.

A lot of shetards seems to confuse martial arts with combat sports. Martial arts as a whole are MORE than just the combat sports aspect.

Back