NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE knows if Anderson or Weidman is the better fighter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
UltimateFacepalm.jpg

You're correct TS, great post. Just ignore the people who are calling you delusional and stuff. It's just easier for a lot of them to equate losing twice with being the inferior fighter regardless of circumstances. That, in addition to all the weird baggage mma fans have when it comes to their favourite fighters.

Sorry I don't compare baseball to MMA because ya know, they aren't the same at all.

They fought twice and Weidman finished Anderson twice. If you can't acknowledge that beating a guy 2 times out of 2 times, doesn't make him better than him, you are just a delusional, biased fan that has no idea how to be impartial.

You guys are the types of people that would ruin this sport in an instant by being worse judges than the current judges.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Yea worst judges - when my post says I gave both first rounds to Weidman - 10 -9 and 10 - 8 1/2. Its not like I scored them for Anderson.

What you and so many others on her don't understand is that its a five round fight. Not a 1.2 round fight. Grow up.

Chris Weidman has a 2-0 record against Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva has a 0-2 record against Chris Weidman.

In the grand scheme of things, your great big wall of text is just a bunch of butthurt, fanboy gibberish that won't ever change the aforementioned FACTS.

Facts are relevant. A bunch of "what ifs" aren't. Get over it already. Anderson lost both fights. You can type all the way to the moon and back and it won't change it. I know you'd like for it to. But it just won't. Trust me.

You pretty much nailed it.

Yea worst judges - when my post says I gave both first rounds to Weidman - 10 -9 and 10 - 8 1/2. Its not like I scored them for Anderson.

What you and so many others on her don't understand is that its a five round fight. Not a 1.2 round fight. Grow up.

Wtf is your point about how many rounds there are?

Weidman finished him twice! The 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds were irrelevant. Get over it! You're so delusional it's ridiculous.

Can Weidman go on to defend the title more times than Silva? I don't know. It's never been done. Good chance he will not. That doesn't erase that they fought twice and Weidman won both times.

Trust me, I know what you are saying but just bite down on the pillow and take it in the ass..

Haha - I just thought it had to be said.

I don't consider a bunch of children spouting delusional rubbish taking it in the ass. I expected no less.

Didn't read, he has finished Anderson twice. The third fight could turn out different, but at this point Anderson hasn't even done anything to Weidman at all, he has lost every round and never had him in any danger. As it stands at this moment, Weidman > Anderson.

Actually, both fights were 1.2 round fights. The winner dictated when the fights ended. I think what you meant was that the fights would have been 5 round fights if one of the fighters wasn't good enough to end them sooner.

NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE knows if Anderson or Weidman is the better fighter!

LOL Silva is in a hospital writhing in agony, with a minor possibility of never walking right again, and Weidman is undefeated, 2-0 against Silva, and probably laid up with some hoes.... and you think there is some kind of uncertainty remaining?

I think you used the word "delusional" in your thread...

So, you're saying that after Weidman finished Silva twice, you still aren't convinced that Weidman is better than Anderson?

I never said anything about Silva or Weidman, you're the one that said 2 out of 2 wins means you're a better fighter...so do you think Hallman is better than Hughes?

Haha - I just thought it had to be said.

I don't consider a bunch of children spouting delusional rubbish taking it in the ass. I expected no less.

Pot, meet kettle.

This is too much delusional butthurt for me, for one night.

Anderson is one of the greatest of all time. Weidman is currently better than him. You can choose to agree or disagree. 0 fucks are given, at this point.

Off to play one of my 20 purchased Steam games. Til next time, folks!

wait what?
In the first fight Anderson fought completely different than normal? Normally he fights with his hands up?

Correct me if I am wrong but in the 2nd fight he did fight with his hands up and was STILL out struck in every round and through close to 13 minutes of fighting was significantly out struck by Weidman, was taken down, and had to defend submissions, while never able to mount any offense.

Come on. Be real already. He clowned to a ridiculous level in the first fight. He wasn't fighting properly when he got KO'd. How can you honestly deny that?

2nd fight - once again I scored it 10 - 8 1/2 for Weidman. And we never got to see what would have happened in the 2nd without the leg break. They fought one more min FFS. Its not like Weidman had mounted him and was raining down GnP.

C'mon dude - be real.

Exactly. Its like all context/nuance has gone right out the window. Amazing.

Context being Anderson making a really poor choice of how to use his skills and Weidman capitalizing on that. Who is better there?

LOL Silva is in a hospital writhing in agony, with a minor possibility of never walking right again, and Weidman is undefeated, 2-0 against Silva, and probably laid up with some hoes.... and you think there is some kind of uncertainty remaining?

I think you used the word "delusional" in your thread...

This

Because unlike most on here, I care about and follow MMA. And was disgusted with all the uninformed comments. It is a discussion board after all.

The point is not to write: "STFU" and "GTFO" and "end of thread", or to troll, and try and feel cool.

bro you are dealing with high class keyboard warriors. These dudes are well trained in all aspects of the sport of acting like a hard ass behind a computer screen. I could care less if anyone respectfully disagrees with a person's point but calling them delusional and idiot blah blah blah is just pointless.

Based on what we have seen and not on how the second fight ended, Weidman appears to have Silva's number and I am a big Spider fan.

But to act as though the leg break was a solid victory and take Longo's and Chris's word that it was supposed to happen like that because they taught and worked on the technique is complete trash and unsupported by stats.

I mean how man hundreds of thousands of leg kicks have been through in MMA? And how few leg breaks have there been since it started? 10? maybe 15? I understand and respect that there is technique involved in checking a leg kick, but unlike counter punching etc it does not have the support of math to use it as a finishing technique.

Weidman was winning no doubt but he got lucky vs the math when he checked the kick, very fluke accident.

lol at TS. The same guy from both fights needed to either watch a video to remember what happened or be carried out on a stretcher. The beauty of the UFC (originally) was to find out what was better by looking at the evidence of who won the fights. Cry all you want about circumstance, but life's full of them. Those two victories don't prove one to be the superior all-around fighter but they do establish who got whose as kicked quite clearly in both fights. I'm a big Dan Henderson fan. It's just as legit to say if Dan stuck to his strategy in round one he would have won the fight. But he didn't and he didn't. Maybe CW turns out to be more of a Hallman/Hughes situation than a passing of the torch. Maybe even somewhere in between.

I admit I believe Silva done with the injury. Mostly because at 40 who wants to undergo the stress of returning to top form. I hope he comes back and I hope he doesn't confine himself to MW so we can see some of the fan-friendly bouts we've all salivated over.

Wtf is your point about how many rounds there are?

Weidman finished him twice! The 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds were irrelevant. Get over it! You're so delusional it's ridiculous.

Can Weidman go on to defend the title more times than Silva? I don't know. It's never been done. Good chance he will not. That doesn't erase that they fought twice and Weidman won both times.

The point he is trying to make is that there was more in the fight if Anderson didnt get injured. Like it or not a injury is not a definitive out come of a fight and proves a fighter is better.

Look at a fight like rumble vs burns. Rumble gets poked in the eye and can't continue and is rules a tko. Is burns the better fighter?? Rumble kicked his head off the next fight.

I don't get why Weidman fans are defending it so much. If the situation happened in reverse I wouldn't be happy and say Anderson is better cause he won. I would want him to win with no grey areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back