No More White Belts

white belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads

They should be allowed topost all they want, obviously...because you have to post to get past white belt.

You should get automatic thread creation rights if you are an amateur fighter or a pro fighter

I kinda of like it. Not because White Belts don't know anything about MMA, but more so new people to the site can learn the ettiquite, as well as figure out which topics are common so they know not to make a new post about it.

Exactly and I've been here longer than a lot of higher belts. Just because I don't post (because these forums rarely have intelligent discussions) as much as you doesn't mean I don't know my MMA. I've been a fan since the first UFC and probably know a lot more about the sport than you do.,,

Same here. I think these guys would be embarrassed to even try to say a person's opinion is more or less valid based on their digital "belt." Ridiculous.

white belts shouldn't be allowed to make threads

They should be allowed topost all they want, obviously...because you have to post to get past white belt.

You should get automatic thread creation rights if you are an amateur fighter or a pro fighter

point considered. But then, a lot of posters here are also fighters but don't openly declare it.

I think it's apparent that not all white belts are bad posters. Coincidently (or not really) not all high post count accounts are good posters.

thats stupid, theres people who ahve watched mma for like a month with 600 posts and experienced vets with 50. their should a tag system were if enuf people tag you as an idiot then your cut off

thats stupid, theres people who ahve watched mma for like a month with 600 posts and experienced vets with 50. their should a tag system were if enuf people tag you as an idiot then your cut off

SPOT ON!! Well Said

most darker belts hate UFC even though they allegedly like MMA and pretty much say silly biased things 90% of the time. Light belts are actually more objective and have fresher opinions while the dark belts generally latch on to a "norm" of what they are supposed to think and attack "Noobs" who disagree.

i've seen this a lot. it seems white belts sometimes get attacked simply for being white belts and not necessarily because the post is bad or stupid.

Maybe limit white belts to 10 posts a day. There is some ridiculous postwhoring going on.

Dude, everyone here was a white belt at some point..... did that make you post retarded comments?

I will add my opinion, and that is to NOT allow White Belts to start threads. This would save A LOT of resources for running the board, and will definitely make the board a lot more readable.

I've been a lurker since 2003, but just started actively posting in threads. This would be unfair to people in my situation

Keep it the way it is. White belts have made some very good threads.

All belt colors are full of trolls... just loot at the O.T. and the War Room.

what about lurkers who only post once in awhile? Do they not deserve to start a thread because they don't post very often?

Agreed. I've been on for almost two years, but don't feel the need to profess my greatness and infinite wisdom through my forum posting.

I'm still waiting for someone...anyone...to give me a clear and logically valid argument as to why post count at Sherdog has anything to do with knowledge of MMA or the ability to communicate.

Most other boards I've frequented are boards that are dedicated to science (I am an engineer.) I've never once seen anyone equate post count to knowledge of anything. Not until I came to Sherdog. (I lurked for several years before joining.)

Well said...I mean I have been here sine 2003...and I JUST got my Yellow Belt, but I'm pretty sure my knowledge of MMA goes well beyond 90 something percent of the people on here. I enjoy reading posts, but don't feel the need to respond to EVERYTHING I read. If so, I'd probably have well over 50,000 posts by now. I mean look at the post counts of those guy that joined in 2008...already up into the 1,000s.

I was 20 when I watched my first UFC Live (UFC &...Buffalo)...and followed it before that and ever since.

I will add my opinion, and that is to NOT allow White Belts to start threads. This would save A LOT of resources for running the board, and will definitely make the board a lot more readable.

Maybe instead of just not white belts adding a you have to have been here for say 3 months.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

Wow, somebody need's a life other than posting on Sherdog. What a nerd.

When I was a white belt I just read the threads and responded if needed. Sometimes you get a guy that will shoot down your post. The person thinks because he has a higher color belt that his opinion is always right. I waited till I was yellow belt to start a thread.

if you dont like the atmosphere here then dont post here anymore. there are alot of great forums out there,sherdog is not the only mma forum

Back