No More Early Copies for the Press to Review

Honestly both video game companies and game review sites should blame themselves. Game companies got greedy and were paying game reviewers money for a stellar rating and game sites/pubs ate it up and did it. No integrity, no morals, no conscience. I will miss when people sent out their reviews to help avoid shit games. I mean, if the reviewers didn't get a copy of Aliens: Colonial Marines, I'd have bought that shit on a lie and a half.

Honestly both video game companies and game review sites should blame themselves. Game companies got greedy and were paying game reviewers money for a stellar rating and game sites/pubs ate it up and did it. No integrity, no morals, no conscience. I will miss when people sent out their reviews to help avoid shit games. I mean, if the reviewers didn't get a copy of Aliens: Colonial Marines, I'd have bought that shit on a lie and a half.
which sites? any citation for any of that shit?

I'll never buy an ubisoft game. Scum, probably deceive us all like they did with Watchdogs 1.

which sites? any citation for any of that shit?
Gamespot is the first one that comes to mind. Kotaku had one of their writers dating a developer in Zoe Quinn, which is questionable.

All the review companies have been lying for like 12 years straight now.

No games get negative or critical reviews.

Ever since X-Play and PC Gamer sold their souls, there is no journalism in gaming anymore.

They attacked their own readers. Called them exists. Mocked them. I couldn't care less. Wait an hour and watch someone on YouTube or some other site play it.

They're scared or their game is probably not worth full price.

Look at Nioh. Reviews up a week before release and word of mouth is going strong.

nioh even released a free demo for anyone with ps4, to me that shows confidence that they can stand behind their product and let it speak for itself

ubisoft has burned us too many times to trust on their word

I dont really mind, only dev I still trust with pre-orders is naughty dog

nioh even released a free demo for anyone with ps4, to me that shows confidence that they can stand behind their product and let it speak for itself

Er, for honor has been running betas for months and months. And this weekend it's open for everyone on all platforms.

Video game "journalists" are full of hate and venom most of the time. No matter the game they will often publish scathing reviews because that's what people want to see. Humans are strange in that their first impression is often the most compelling for them, so it's difficult for people to overcome that initial reaction to what someone else is saying about something. I can see why video game developers would rather have customers make their own opinions with first hand experience, rather than relying on "video game journalists" who get early copies and pump out so much vile rhetoric. Lots of people don't want to like certain games for specific reason, so no matter how good the game will be, they're going to trash it and if they have an audience as a "journalist" they're going to sway a lot of people.

Destiny is a perfect example : great game overall, but had some early issues, and the "journalists" fucking destroyed that game. Meanwhile, a game like The Division was even worse at launch, but got great reviews.

No, Destiny was average as fuck at release and not worth 60 dollars. It deserved the scores it got (which was still higher than the user scores)

No, Destiny was average as fuck at release and not worth 60 dollars. It deserved the scores it got (which was still higher than the user scores)

Not worth $60? Yeah, Ok... gamers these days don't understand the value of a game. Fucking Duck Hunt cost $60 back in the 80's, which translates to almost $120 today. Same goes for PacMan, DigDug, BomberMan, all those old shitty NES games.

Anyways, I don't agree with you about Destiny. It certainly could have been better, and got much better over time, but it certainly wasn't a bad game at launch. To each their own, but like I said, Division didn't get anywhere near as much venom spit at it by the "journalists" and it was pretty fucked up at launch as well, especially the PC version. Again, matter of opinion, but I don't blame developers for wanting people to make their own first impressions, rather than allow some asshole who spits venom to get views create a first impressions.

Not worth $60? Yeah, Ok... gamers these days don't understand the value of a game. Fucking Duck Hunt cost $60 back in the 80's, which translates to almost $120 today. Same goes for PacMan, DigDug, BomberMan, all those old shitty NES games.

Not even reading anything after this garbage

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Not even reading anything after this garbage

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Of course not, why would you bother reading the truth when it doesn't vibe with your shitty lifestyle? And obviously I meant shitty in the sense of their limitations compared to games of today.

Video game "journalists" are full of hate and venom most of the time. No matter the game they will often publish scathing reviews because that's what people want to see. Humans are strange in that their first impression is often the most compelling for them, so it's difficult for people to overcome that initial reaction to what someone else is saying about something. I can see why video game developers would rather have customers make their own opinions with first hand experience, rather than relying on "video game journalists" who get early copies and pump out so much vile rhetoric. Lots of people don't want to like certain games for specific reason, so no matter how good the game will be, they're going to trash it and if they have an audience as a "journalist" they're going to sway a lot of people.

Destiny is a perfect example : great game overall, but had some early issues, and the "journalists" fucking destroyed that game. Meanwhile, a game like The Division was even worse at launch, but got great reviews.

I can see why developers wouldn't want these people to have early access, but I can see why consumers would like them to have early access. Me, I almost always wait a month or so after release anyways, so it's not an issue for me anymore. I got burned too many times with pre-ordering... fucking Halo 4 and Hitman : Absolution ruined me for pre-ordering. haha

I understand what you are saying and I mostly agree. Destiny looked sounded and played great. Destiny also evolved into a very fun game with hundreds of hours of fun. I think Destiny rightfully got besmirched because they over promised in so many ways. The bones are there for a griping story but it never came together. The game play is bad ass though and that should always be first and foremost.

Agreed. There's been quite a few games with free demos that I ended up purchasing.

I got in the X-Com EU because a free demo on steam. That game consumed many, many hours

Yeah, and among the big gaming publications the universal opinion of the ending was 'some people will like it, and some won't, just like every ending to a loved series.'

A complete cop-out, intentionally being vague to not harm the sales. Conveniently subjective.

'But it's only the last 8 minutes! The rest of the game is awesome!' It was mediocre with acouple great moments. But those last 8 minutes completely shit on the rest of the game and the whole series.

For casual fans that only played the first two ME games once, yeah, the ending was fine. For those that played the first two games multiple of times over, was fully versed in it's lore, read the novelizations, and viewed this series as this generation's original Star Wars Trilogy.... it was absolute shit.

And since its been 5 years, its easy to forget the details as to why it's hated. Check out this video as a reminder.

As bad as Bioware fucked up with the ending, the media's coverage/cover-up of the backlash was far worse.

Now, there's only a few reviewers of games I consider credible, that have never recommended a shitty game.

lol.... I remember my WTF moment at the end.

Love the Marauder Sheilds meme...

a03.jpg

Of course not, why would you bother reading the truth when it doesn't vibe with your shitty lifestyle? And obviously I meant shitty in the sense of their limitations compared to games of today.

There's no truth in your posts, only a shitty opinion. You're comparing classic games from the 80s to a mediocre shooter from today.

Those games were revolutionary when they came out. They were well worth 60 dollars. Obviously they aren't that price today. Time, how does it work?

Pacman has stood the test of time and is still enjoyable today. Destiny almost certainly will not. It probably won't even be playable in 10 years.

There's no truth in your posts, only a shitty opinion. You're comparing classic games from the 80s to a mediocre shooter from today.

Those games were revolutionary when they came out. They were well worth 60 dollars. Obviously they aren't that price today. Time, how does it work?

Pacman has stood the test of time and is still enjoyable today. Destiny almost certainly will not. It probably won't even be playable in 10 years.

I have no issues with the classics man, I grew up playing them, and I still love them. My point was that there is no real comparison between the utility you get from those games versus games of today. I brought up price point because it's relevant : back in the day we were paying $60 back for those games. With inflation that comes out almost $120 today. And here you're saying a game like Destiny isn't worth $60. Now compare that for a second : PacMan is worth $120, but Destiny isn't worth $60? If you believe that then you're either a fool, or you're just being stubborn. While Destiny might not be your favorite game in the world, it certainly has substantially more value than PacMan.

I have an issue with "gamers" these days and their absolute unwillingness to pay for DLC, but also their stubbornness to not pay $60 for a AAA game. It just makes no sense and it's the main reason why game developers aren't very willing to take risks anymore. Games cost a shit ton of money to make, exponentially more than the PacMan days, and when "gamers" say silly shit like you did about a game not being worth $60, why would they take a chance in doing something new? That's why we get nothing but clones, copies, remakes, etc these days.