No longer under UFC contract, Erick Silva starts 2018 as free agent

Silva is 33yrs old........hes not 19 lol

Why are people acting like he's a teenager lol?

"Young prospect" Erick Silva is a stupid overused Sherdog meme that ought to bring dubs for anyone still perpetuating it at this point. They're just goofing and you're not in on the joke.

Yeah it's a stupid meme that idiots use in the heavies. They act like Silva's some young prospect and have a circle jerk and give eachother likes. Glad to see it's not really working in here.

Yeah it's a stupid meme that idiots use in the heavies. They act like Silva's some young prospect and have a circle jerk and give eachother likes. Glad to see it's not really working in here.

The meme holds some merit because that's literally what was said of this dude every time he lost for like the first five years or some shit. That's why it became a meme. He's a huge bust and suspiciously became even worse in the post USADA era.

The meme holds some merit because that's literally what was said of this dude every time he lost for like the first five years or some shit. That's why it became a meme. He's a huge bust and suspiciously became even worse in the post USADA era.

Not even. He had hype around 2011-2012 but he could never put a win streak together. And he wasn't even that young to start with when he entered the UFC.

I remember some funny memes around 2012 after Fitch completely owned Silva. Can't remember what people were calling Fitch back then but it was funny. The so called hype ended there.

This stupid meme just popped up in the last year or two and it's mostly done by 2016 and newer accounts just piling on and having no idea what they're meme'ing about.

Not even. He had hype around 2011-2012 but he could never put a win streak together. And he wasn't even that young to start with when he entered the UFC.

I remember some funny memes around 2012 after Fitch completely owned Silva. Can't remember what people were calling Fitch back then but it was funny. The so called hype ended there.

This stupid meme just popped up in the last year or two and it's mostly done by 2016 and newer accounts just piling on and having no idea what they're meme'ing about.
I may be wrong, but I remember the ufc hyping him as a contender/prospect for an upcoming fight, in spite of the fact that he was near .500 and not young at all. People then started with the running joke.

Again, Could be totally wrong.

In my opinion the UFC pushed him too soon and too early. It's not impossible that he could do a Werdum or Lawler and refine his skills in another organization, then come back, kick some asses and claim the title in a few years or so. The kid has still got time on his side.

Think of where he will be with 5 more years experience? Back and ready to work his way up the ranks.

He should take some time off to finish high school first. He’s got plenty of time to become a fighter.

He's the Benjamin Button of MMA

One Championship can make a good use of him,

Asia is big fish on a small pond when it comes to MMA, so are the promotions.

Silva is a household name just like Huerta, well known non-Championship caliber fighters.

So signing him with this promotion can make him a star or even a Champion in no time.

Back