No Inauguration Performance For Kanye: Music / Act Not Traditionally "American"

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politics/donald-trump-kanye-west-tom-barrack-inauguration/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ause-its-american_us_5880c1a5e4b04b69667e9e47

Washington (CNN)Tom Barrack, President-elect Donald Trump's longtime friend and the chair of his Presidential Inaugural Committee, said that the team has not asked rapper Kanye West to perform at the inauguration -- despite having had a high-profile meeting with Trump last month.

"We haven't asked him," he told CNN's Erin Burnett on "OutFront." "He considers himself a friend of the President-elect, but it's not the venue. The venue we have for entertainment is filled out, it's perfect, it's going to be typically and traditionally American, and Kanye is a great guy but we just haven't asked him to perform. We move on with our agenda."

Well, Liberals are going to get alot of mileage with the whole "Traditionally American" thing as a reason to snub Kanye. Don't really like his music but it would have been funny to see him get into a war with Snoop over it. Or anyone else calling anyone for Trump an Uncle Tom.

Truly, it's a wasted opportunity by the Trump Team. And now it's gonna be a racist thing...

In his present state of mind Kanye is a lose cannon and there is no telling what the hell he would do.

In his present state of mind Kanye is a lose cannon and there is no telling what the hell he would do.
Ah, but therein is the spice. The utter chaos that could ensue if he went off on another rant would be delicious.

Plus I would just love to see him go to war with other artist for performing.

Even if you in a Benz, you still a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in a coupe.

Smart move. Kanye is a loose canon. You can't give a mic and a platform on national TV and hope for the best.

But but but that's wassist!
Not having Kanye on your inauguration makes perfect sense, but the claim of "not traditionally American" doesn't, unless you're going to hold a Pow-Wow or have a fife and drummer.

Not having Kanye on your inauguration makes perfect sense, but the claim of "not traditionally American" doesn't, unless you're going to hold a Pow-Wow or have a fife and drummer.
Um, ok thanks for that skippy.

Naw, they're gonna have Michael Flatley up there doing his Lord of the Dance thing.

Um, ok thanks for that skippy.
There is no "traditionally American" music except music associated with the revolutionary war or Native Americans. Everything else bares no relationship to the founding of the country or has no superior time frame of being played in America.

...actually, you could include slave spirituals too.

I have posted this before and I will post it again, forget all the contemporary music nonsense. Trump needs Lutz Kirchhof playing the Lute:

Hip hop isnt traditionally American?

They better come up with either XIX music or add some funk or jazz because otherwise it will be taken as traditionally = white.

this is a bad thing? people voted for that a few months ago.

Yea I'm not sure what the hell he meant by traditionally American. Didn't rap start in the US?

Yea I'm not sure what the hell he meant by traditionally American. Didn't rap start in the US?
AFAIK, it definitely did. There is gangster rap, of course, and you don't want to have any songs about murdering people, stealing or glorifying criminal behavior, using racial slurs towards any group etc. And you don't want to have any lunatics like Kanye West there with a microphone. But there really isn't "traditionally American" music.

I would have loved for some real street O.G to step up and offer to perform..see what Snoop :eek::eek::eek:gy Dogg would have said about it then

"Yo Donald, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Obama had one of the best campaigns of all time!"

AFAIK, it definitely did. There is gangster rap, of course, and you don't want to have any songs about murdering people, stealing or glorifying criminal behavior, using racial slurs towards any group etc. And you don't want to have any lunatics like Kanye West there with a microphone. But there really isn't "traditionally American" music.

For traditional American I think of first the blues then country, blur grass and early rock.

True they were influenced by some other forms but that's what I think of anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back