No fiscal platform. Sorry, but I might have to become a partisan. The death of the Republican party

So how do you achieve real reform, without some kind of wave movement, most likely to take the form of populism?

It's hard to say but I think the fault has to be placed with society with regards to polarity and accountability. I think far too little people hold their party accountable when they are in power. You can see it now with the GOP and the budget. They need to just admit they aren't fiscally conservative at this point.

I think another issue is grass root movements have little affect on politics. It's very hard to uproot an establishment candidate in a primary and get them to stay on board with that group once they are in power.

I'm saying real reform doesn't come because of the people who vote. They don't hold their person accountable and to be honest, it's hard to in a two party system. I've always had an issue with how our system forces two parties. It would take too much to overturn that though

Bruh...

The DNC just rigged their own primary. They were being funded by the Clinton campaign and dirty foundation money. Hillary built a private server in her basement and deleted 30k emails and destroyed labtops/cell phones after they were subpoenaed. We saw the Lynch/Clinton tarmac meeting. We've seen Obama's DOJ unmasking private citizens and spying on political opposition. The DNC's candidate was backed by an obscene amount of wall street money. And on and on.

Your solution on political corruption is to vote these people right back into office after one year? How does that make any sense?

There is always going to be corruption and we should prevent, stop, and punish any that we see. I'm fully aware the RNC is corrupt as well. But right now the DNC and many career bureaucrats have been fully exposed and are sitting out here butt ass naked. Don't you think rewarding them with a return to power would..I dunno...send the wrong message? Especially when the opposing party really isn't embroiled in any kind of scandals or corruption.

Are you high on crack?

No, he's rich. He said he cooks his steak outside......

bbq.jpg

I'm saying real reform doesn't come because of the people who vote. They don't hold their person accountable and to be honest, it's hard to in a two party system. I've always had an issue with how our system forces two parties. It would take too much to overturn that though

evening 'Lead,

i think that's about right - but then again its not just the politicians who are dishonest - its the voters themselves.

the voting public is either lying to themselves, or just deeply confused about policy matters.

ie;

the voting public seems to universally embrace the idea of cutting foreign aid to balance the budget - but surely they must know what an teensy part of the budget foreign aid is. and surely the politicians who sell this stuff know it too. so, to my way of thinking, they are both complicit.

just like the Tea Party folks (i actually went to a Tea Party meeting in South Carolina during the ACA debate to see what these folks were about), many of whom are senior citizens, moaning about a balanced budget and fiscal austerity. just imagine if they got what they wanted - senior entitlement programs would be eviscerated and military spending would have go down, down, down. surely they know this - and would firebomb the White House if any of this came to pass.

that's populism too.

a moronic, self deceiving kind of populism...and the public is completely at fault. politicians are alot like cable news; they go where the ratings are...its not their fault that the public is often infantile in their legislative wants, needs and desires.

- IGIT

Last edited:
evening 'Lead,

i think that's about right - but then again its not just the politicians who are dishonest - its the voters themselves.

the voting public is either lying to themselves, or just deeply confused about policy matters.

ie;

the voting public seems to universally embrace the idea of cutting foreign aid to balance the budet - but surely they must know what an teensy part of the budget foreign aid is. and surely the politicians who sell this stuff know it too. so, to my way of thinking, they are both complicit.

just like the Tea Party folks (i actually went to a Tea Party meeting in South Carolina during the ACA debate to see what these folks were about), many of whom are senior citizens, moaning about a balanced budget and fiscal austerity. just imagine if they got what they wanted - senior entitlement programs would be eviscerated and military spending would have go down, down, down. surely they know this - and would firebomb the White House if any of this came to pass.

that's populism too.

a moronic, self deceiving kind of populism...and the public is completely at fault. politicians are alot like cable news; they go where the ratings are...its not their fault that the public is often infantile in their legislative wants, needs and desires.

- IGIT

I agree with most of that and I frequently do blame voters/nonvoters over our system. Politicians do follow what will get them continually elected and voters allow for this type of behavior because they aren't honest with themselves when holding their own party accountable.

Someone “down on their luck”. Is there for a reason

You are the biggest piece of shit in the WR and its astounding that its not even a contest. In fact, I'm almost certain your birth went something like this

giphy.gif

evening 'Lead,

ie;

the voting public seems to universally embrace the idea of cutting foreign aid to balance the budget - but surely they must know what an teensy part of the budget foreign aid is. and surely the politicians who sell this stuff know it too. so, to my way of thinking, they are both complicit.

that's populism too.

- IGIT

IGIT, I respectfully disagree. The majority of the public does not know those things.

If you are looking for a culprit in that, you might want to take a look at the media. You could watch all 3 cable news outlets for the next 72 hours straight, and you will not find one of them trying to educate the public on where our money is actually being spent. Well atleast not with any perspective. They do love to cherry pick spending numbers to further their dishonest and partisan agendas, just not to actually educate the public on reality.

good early morning, viva!

IGIT, I respectfully disagree. The majority of the public does not know those things.

you could be right. anyone who is vaguely curious about these things doesn't have to dig too deep to find out the basics, though. idk.

If you are looking for a culprit in that, you might want to take a look at the media. You could watch all 3 cable news outlets for the next 72 hours straight, and you will not find one of them trying to educate the public on where our money is actually being spent.

NPR has broken down the issues i mentioned numerous times, as has the NYT (and ya, Judith Miller sucked - but she's long gone). i mean, heck, the information is out there, and its very low hanging fruit. there are pie charts with easy to grasp depictions of where Federal money goes, for example. a child could understand it.

therefore, i can't blame the media (at least not all media). if one gets their political insights from Breitbart or Sean Hannity's radio show or Mr. Trump's peculiar tweets, there isn't alot we can do about that...but i agree there are some less-than-useful forms of media out there.

- IGIT

You are the biggest piece of shit in the WR and its astounding that its not even a contest. In fact, I'm almost certain your birth went something like this

giphy.gif

Piece of shit for believing in personal responsibility. Shitbags like you are part of the problem

Piece of shit for believing in personal responsibility. Shitbags like you are part of the problem

You lack empathy for your fellow man. I can only imagine how you act to any patients you treat, if you are actually in the medical field like you say. Ive seen many of your posts, so its not just the one I quoted that makes you a piece of shit. ITT you think people should be responsible for every facet of their life while not acknowledging outside factors. People arent responsible for the environment they live in not of their choosing, being born to shitty parents and sent through foster care, being born with medical conditions that effect their every day life, developing other medical conditions later in life due to genetics, freak accidents, etc. The fact you fail to see this proves what a giant turd you are.

Back