No fiscal platform. Sorry, but I might have to become a partisan. The death of the Republican party

You're accidentally using libertarian talking points here. I mean, I'm assuming it was an accident.

Not a talking point I've heard from anyone. It's just disagreeing with your position (and I don't even oppose publicly funded elections--I'd just support them for different reasons than you do). A libertarian talking point would be like, "taxation is theft" or "targeted tax breaks to big corporations is just letting them keep more of their own money."

Here's a thought experiment: Would you expect the relative sales figures of various brands of toothpaste to change if every toothpaste company were allotted the exact same chunk of annual marketing dollars and was restricted from exceeding that amount?

I would. But note that toothpaste is toothpaste. There's very little difference between different types. Politics is quite unlike that. Additionally, with our system structurally set up to ensure the existence of only two major parties at any time and a MSM firmly committed to the belief that those two parties are always equal at all times on all issues, no one is going to hurt for attention. Supporting that point, note that campaign spending levels are not observed to have any impact on voting patterns (I would assume that they'd matter at some point, but they don't matter at real-world levels).

I would. But note that toothpaste is toothpaste. There's very little difference between different types. Politics is quite unlike that. Additionally, with our system structurally set up to ensure the existence of only two major parties at any time and a MSM firmly committed to the belief that those two parties are always equal at all times on all issues, no one is going to hurt for attention. Supporting that point, note that campaign spending levels are not observed to have any impact on voting patterns (I would assume that they'd matter at some point, but they don't matter at real-world levels).

I think I get what you're trying to spin now...

Candidates aren't really slavishly beholden to their corporate donors, as progressives would have us believe, since the amount of money a candidate has in his/her campaign warchest doesn't really have any bearing on election outcomes.

Nice. Debbie Wasserman would be proud. lol

Move out of America if you don’t like it. The debt will be addressed but one thing at a time. If we can get rid of the ACA and implement huge cuts to Medicaid it will reduce the problem while encouraging people to earn their own way instead of leeching. GDP increases as a result, tax influx increases, debt reduces. These social “safety net” programs are the issue. They do nothing but reward laziness while hindering progress.
You realize that every other developed country in the world has a much more thorough social safety net and universal healthcare, right?

So, how are the "safety nets" the problem rather than American oligarchic economy that refuses to fund them?
On a side note, I honestly think a lot of you folks want a system that just doesn’t exist and has almost no chance of happening.
That is pure defeatism. Every other country is able to have universal healthcare at a much lower per person price than the US pays for a system that leaves 40 million people uninsured.

It's not a dream to suggest we can do better.

It's a nightmare that we're not.

Last edited:
You realize that every other country developed country in the world has a much more thorough social safety net and universal healthcare, right?

So, how are the "safety nets" the problem rather than American the American oligarchic economy that refuses to fund them?

Move to one of those countries. I don’t believe in social “safety nets” and don’t want my money going towards them. Those countries you talk about also have outrageous tax rates and people abusing the system.

Why is the concept of creating your own social safety net so foreign to you people? I have a years worth of living expenses($35k) in the bank for a reason. Everyone else is too busy buying cigarettes and popping out babies.

Why is the concept of creating your own social safety net so foreign to you people? I have a years worth of living expenses($35k) in the bank for a reason. Everyone else is too busy buying cigarettes and popping out babies.
Sweet! That will be good for one night in the ER if you lose your insurance!

Last edited:
Sweet! That will be good for one night in the ER if you lose your insurance!

Actually you are wrong. I work in the ER and uninsured people get an 88% discount. A stroke alert in the ER costs you like $30k. Take 88% off that if you don’t have insurance. I would be fine

I think I get what you're trying to spin now...

Candidates aren't really slavishly beholden to their corporate donors, as progressives would have us believe, since the amount of money a candidate has in his/her campaign warchest doesn't really have any bearing on election outcomes.

Nice. Debbie Wasserman would be proud. lol

What an odd way to conduct a discussion and to go through life. You must be miserable.

Move to one of those countries. I don’t believe in social “safety nets” and don’t want my money going towards them. Those countries you talk about also have outrageous tax rates and people abusing the system.

Sweet, you can pay your parents back then?

What an odd way to conduct a discussion and to go through life. You must be miserable.

I didn't know how else to respond to what was, truly, a flat-earth level argument against the obvious ramifications that strict, publicly funded elections would produce.

If you want to have a serious and respectful discussion on a particular topic don't try and initiate it by spouting naked, false propaganda that insults the intelligence of your readers.

Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-49-billion-surplus-in-january-idUSKBN1FW286

Let's give these tax cuts a little more time, so far they have exceeded expectations. The GOP will run the primaries on the platform of the Economy and the DNC has absolutely nothing to counter it.

This was expected with the repatriation of cash that's coming in, hence why we tend to project these things (and judge them) over a period of time rather than a couple of months in.

The reality of the situation is that the deficits will be quite large when you're not seeing everyone shlepping their one time sums in. This is pretty basic.

I didn't know how else to respond to what was, truly, a flat-earth level argument against the obvious ramifications that strict, publicly funded elections would produce.

Meh. You can look it up yourself. It's a simple fact that campaign spending differences don't drive electoral results. And if you think through your own position more, I think you'll abandon it.

Here's some of what led me to my current position:

http://freakonomics.com/2012/01/17/...influence-the-election-a-freakonomics-quorum/

If you want to have a serious and respectful discussion on a particular topic don't try and initiate it by spouting naked, false propaganda that insults the intelligence of your readers.

I didn't, though. It's just a combination of ignorance, close-mindedness and CT thinking that drives your response. You don't realize that the factual claim I made is true, you won't accept it, and you can't seem to imagine anyone disagreeing with you for good reasons. Ted Cruz would be proud lol.

Last edited:
Leech.

You're the type of person you're always complaining about. You didn't pay your way.

Family helped pay. This is why people work hard. Take care of their own family and not cigarette smoking scumbags who are poor because of life choices.

Family helped pay. This is why people work hard. Take care of their own family and not cigarette smoking scumbags who are poor because of life choices.

Do you not realize this makes you the biggest hypocrite in the war room?

You had things handed to you in life, yet get pissed that someone down on their luck gets some sort of aid. How do you not see how ridiculous this is?

Do you not realize this makes you the biggest hypocrite in the war room?

You had things handed to you in life, yet get pissed that someone down on their luck gets some sort of aid. How do you not see how ridiculous this is?

It’s a little different when it’s family versus government. The government steals from people to give to the “less fortunate”.

Someone “down on their luck”. Is there for a reason

Last edited:
Back