NJPW G1 Special in USA Discussion

Barnett and JR are putting on an F-Level performance.

was it really that bad what did barrett did he fuck up like jr or do something else
They just acted uninformed, I think at JR one point said the crowd was dead, Barnett saying that Naito was still in the tournament when he commentated Ishii beating him. Ranallo would've been WAY better

Omega Okada 1 on now? Don't mind if I do.

They just acted uninformed, I think at JR one point said the crowd was dead, Barnett saying that Naito was still in the tournament when he commentated Ishii beating him. Ranallo would've been WAY better
glad i watched with Japanese commentary then

Considering they put on a four hour show without much of an inkling of the direction, without ever working live together before, with a completely noob producer, it went pretty well if you ask me.

Barnett says NJPW should do quarterly shows in the US. I can get behind that for sure.

Naito/Ishii and Omega/Elgin were the best matches of night 1. Can't decide which was better.

Worst match was the 8 man tag with Tana, Kushida, Gunn, etc.

Also, I fear for Tanahashi's life tonight against Gunn. What the fuck was he doing last night?

How you guys watching this?

Night 2 is only on New Japan World. Will air on AXS in Friday, so I can't watch till then. I refuse to get NJ World until they make an Xbox or Playstation app.

Does anyone have New Japan World? How is it?

How you guys watching this?

I signed up for a free trial of DirectTVNow, it comes with AXS. Sling TV also has a free trial. But AXS only aired the first night live (but it's doing a replay of night 2 later in the week).

Watching tonight live on NJPW World

It's good. Rarely any technical problems, but site navigation isn't as easy as it could be.

Ever since the redesign it's way better. Before it was just google translated lol.

Ever since the redesign it's way better. Before it was just google translated lol.

Well ... it literally is still just Google translated. Look at your address bar when you're there - they just built the google translate in.

Most of their graphics are manually translated into English but not all.

They really need to up their translation game if they want to really get a strong foothold in America ... should be subs on all Japanese commentary vids within 24 hours, and they should really have live English commentary for more shows. I think they do pretty much every major show now, but really anything that isn't a gym show with just the hard camera should have English commentary.

I don't think that's asking a lot for a company with their stated American aspirations.

Well ... it literally is still just Google translated. Look at your address bar when you're there - they just built the google translate in.

Most of their graphics are manually translated into English but not all.

They really need to up their translation game if they want to really get a strong foothold in America ... should be subs on all Japanese commentary vids within 24 hours, and they should really have live English commentary for more shows. I think they do pretty much every major show now, but really anything that isn't a gym show with just the hard camera should have English commentary.

I don't think that's asking a lot for a company with their stated American aspirations.

Yeah, supposedly they're having Kelly and Callis go back and commentate old shows, so hopefully they'll get a lot better. They probably could do shows with subs, but I think that it would impact them having it up on World a couple of hours after the show. Stardom World has subs, but they also don't do commentary and it takes them a week. I bet it's really labor intensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back