NJPW G1 Special in USA Discussion

during the match we got shark boy and mitchell turing parks into abyss shark boy was in a pool we got a cart chase and scott saying fat ass a lot lol

I don't know who any of those people are except Abyss

Ricochet just threw luncha underground under the bus

Billy gun shouldn't have been in that match and lol USA belt is going to be a Canadian or Japanese guy

Ricochet just threw luncha underground under the bus

He's been putting them on blast on Twitter for months. I'd have to imagine he's seriously walking a fine line but what do I know about legal stuff

He's been putting them on blast on Twitter for months. I'd have to imagine he's seriously walking a fine line but what do I know about legal stuff
If i was him I'd be pissed also seems like he signed a contract then changed it up

Fucking great dragon suplex threw the table

Well, Kenny is A champ. I guess that counts lol

Yeah, that belt is huge, come on guys.

It makes perfect sense. Okada is the East, Omega is the West. Omega's going to go on a dominant reign and Okada is going to lose his belt soon, probably to Naito.

Omega and Okada will fight major title matches several more times over the next couple years. Of course the Ace will come out on top but Omega is going to do for the US belt what Nak did for the IC title during his incredible runs.

If i was him I'd be pissed also seems like he signed a contract then changed it up
The LU deals were supposed to be effectively appearance deals, not constricting the talent like say the UK WWE deals because they were so low paying. The legal team wants them to be wrestling contracts (containing exclusivity) and US TV 7 year deals (that form an ability for the production to hold onto an actor without renegotiation through early syndication) and realize most don't have the dough to take this to court.

I think this Cody/Omega feud should split the Bullet Club. Do an ROH BC and NJPW BC

Or just make it The Elite vs BC

Watching NJPW day 2 now and wondering how the hell Yoshitatsu dropped off so hard...

Watching NJPW day 2 now and wondering how the hell Yoshitatsu dropped off so hard...

He's looked over-bulky and sluggish ever since he came back from his injury. If possible he needs to drop like 10-15 pounds of muscle. He'd look a ton smoother in the ring for it.

Finished both shows, here's the **********

Night One
- Roppongi Vice, Will Osprey and the Briscoes vs Bullet Club - ****¼
- LiJ vs Titan, Liger, Dragon Lee and Volador - **
- Hangman vs Lethal - **¼
- Sabre Jr vs Juice Robinson - ***¾
- Finlay, White, Kushida and Tanahashi vs Gunn, Komatsu, Tanaka and Yoshitatsu - *
- War Machine vs GOD - ***½
- Ishii vs Naito - ****½
- Omega vs Elgin - ****¼
- Okada vs Cody - ****

Night Two
- Finlay, Liger and Kushida vs Tanaka, Komatsu and Yoshi - ***
- Omega vs Lethal - ***½
- Ishii vs Sabre Jr - ****¼
- Titan, Lee, White, Juice and Volador vs LiJ - ****
- GOD and Hangman vs War Machine and Elgin - **¾
- Bucks vs Roppongi Vice - ****
- Bullet Club vs Okada Briscoes and Osprey - **½
- Tanahashi vs Gunn - *¾
- Omega vs Ishii - *****

Some thoughts.

Both great shows, crowds were good. Omega and BC were over huge. Okada was over huge. Tanahashi was involved in two stinkers but not really his fault. Sabre had a great showing and looking forward to him in G1.

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch day one of this show.

That first multiman tag match was a hot sloppy mess of spot monkey bullshit. I don't particularly care for these huge tag matches anyway...there's really no way to make them good...you're stuck with the "take turns doing big spots while everyone else takes a nap," formula.

The second one was better when the two lucha guys weren't in it. I won't lie, I still pop for Liger.

Page vs Lethal was decent, if not spectacular. Lethal's finisher is really dumb.

Sabre vs Juice was a good match...I liked the sequence at the end with the modifications to the octopus hold. I'm kinda surprised with all the love for Juice. It's not that he's bad, but he's nothing special either. Still a good match though.

Giant tag match number 3...God damn it...Tanahashi & Kushida deserve better than this bullshit...and Billy Fucking Gunn? That's down right insulting! Who's cornflakes did Tanahashi piss in to get this kind of punishment?

War Machine and G.O.D. was good...but the no dq stip took away from the match. I hate plunder matches...especially when it's weak plunder like tin foil trash cans.

Ishii vs Naito was great. This may be what I hate the mosty about Omega's NJPW run...because every weabo fraggle wants to have sex with Omega, none of these other guys get the credit they deserve. Naito especially, he's awesome...you can count on one hand the number of people on his level.

Omega vs Elgin was a typical Omage match...it wasn't bad, it was good even...but because Omega was involved we'll pretend it deserves 8 million stars and ignore the rest of the card as mediocre. Elgin doesn't get the credit he deserves...I wish he'd get a more serious push.

Okada vs Cody was honestly much better than I expected going in. Okada definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves...which is mind blowing when you look and how good he's been over the last few years. He's the best worker on the planet...and I hope when he was at Smackdown the other day Trips was offering him Brock Lesnar money.

I'll have to watch day 2 tomorrow.

Just finished day 2...man...this was a let down after the first one.

For some reason my recording kicked in at the very end of Omega vs Lethal.

Ishii vs Sabre was really good.

Huge tag match number 500...much like day when they did the sloppy lucha stuff it sucked, when they did the rest it was decent. The other two guys should take a cue from Dragon Lee on how to do lucha stuff and not have it look like shiz.

6 man tag...I don't know...something seemed off...this match just didn't click.

Fuck the Young Bucks. Fuck anyone who likes the Young Bucks. Fuck anyone who was cheering for the Young Bucks. Fuck their mother for having them. Double fuck anyone who buys their swag. Quadruple fuck whoever it was that said these shit stains were bigger and better draws than the Midnights could have ever dreamed of being.

Side note...Bushi and Takahashi should compete for the Jr Tag Belts.

Giant tag match number who gives a shiz...so we start out with 5 minutes of chicken dancing and meaningless tags to waste time and not wrestle...and fats forward this horse shit. Why in the blue hell was Okada subjected to this crap?

Tanahashi vs Billy Gunn...sigh...why? Why? Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Why is Tanahashi being punished? Why did Billy Gunn spend 5 minutes with his pants down? Why do I nw know Tanahashi has no ass tan lines? Why God why?

Omega vs Ishii was good. If Omega would cut out the dipshit routine he'd actually deserve most of the praise he gets...but he can't/won't. I will say the one thing I hate about NJPW is the inconsistent way the treat fighting on the outside. One match they start counting immediately, then you have matches like these where they brawl for 5 minutes and never count once. It's stupid, and the crowd brawl added nothing to the match. It just there to pad the run time and make it seem like more of a classic. I also hated the Dragon Suplex on the table spot...not because it was bad...but because the went another 15 minutes after it. That should have been the end.

Disappointing second day, but I'll probably be the only one here who thinks so.

Back