NJPW G1 Special in USA Discussion

Ozymandias

NA⸸URAL BXRN K⸸LLER
@Gold
Reaction score
NJPW-New-Japan-Pro-Wrestling.png

記事画像-800x451.jpg

NJPW G1 Special in USA

How to watch: NJPW World, AXS TV or The Fight Network (Canada)

Date: July 1, 2017
Start Time: 8:00 PM (EST)

Card:

* Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Marty Scurll, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Chaos (Beretta, Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Rocky Romero and Will Ospreay)
* Dragon Lee, Jushin Thunder Liger, Titán & Volador Jr. vs. Bushi, Evil, Hiromu Takahashi & Sanada
* IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Tournament- 1st round: Hangman Page vs. Jay Lethal
* IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Tournament – 1st round: Juice Robinson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
* David Finlay, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jay White and Kushida vs. Billy Gunn, Sho Tanaka, Yohei Komatsu and Yoshi Tatsu
* IWGP Tag Team Championship match: Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tonga Roa) (c) vs. War Machine (Hanson and Raymond Rowe)
* IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Tournament – 1st round: Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
* IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Tournament – 1st round; Kenny Omega vs. Michael Elgin
* IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Cody

Tournament Bracket:

10.jpg

Mascot:

Theme:

Please sticky @RR @D.R.H. @Tachy

Thank you.

My :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Cody just racking up the belts

wish i could have gotten tickets for both shows

Elgin vs Omega in the first round is dumb...and this coming from someone who hates Omega. Actually having Ishii vs Naito in the first round is also dumb...those should be semi final matches right there.

Elgin vs Omega in the first round is dumb...and this coming from someone who hates Omega. Actually having Ishii vs Naito in the first round is also dumb...those should be semi final matches right there.

Agreed. Very odd first round. I would've done

Elgin vs Sabre Jr
Omega vs Lethal
Naito vs Juice
Ishii vs Hangman

Agreed. Very odd first round. I would've done

Elgin vs Sabre Jr
Omega vs Lethal
Naito vs Juice
Ishii vs Hangman

I'd switch Juice and Lethal...mostly because Lethal vs Naito sounds awesome.

It's the nature of NJPW that necessitates these match-ups as their talent works far fewer matches, dates, and big matches. Many of the top guys probably didn't want to work one big match (Tana vs Billy Gunn on night 2) and were utterly aghast at putting up two big shows on back to back days.

Omega/Okada II will air on AXS tonight if you haven't seen it yet.

BTW, for anyone wanting to check out the first show live on AXS - you can get it with a free trial of Sling TV. I think there are other streaming services that have AXS too, I want to say some other one has a free trial as well.

It's a stacked card.

Can't wait to watch this just wish i could have gotten tickets hopefully they come back to USA next year

that super announcer botch for the first match is not a good sign

that super announcer botch for the first match is not a good sign

Yeah, the english announcer is struggling.

The japanese announcer got run up on by Fale, i'm glad to see that's intact lol.

Back