Nioh

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

Doesn't look as good as Zelda, but might be the closest best thing for me as a PS4 owner. Anyone here really like Nioh?

It's a fantastic game, but it is absolutely nothing like Zelda.

There was a big Nioh thread on here and it got a lot of love from the Dark Souls crowed. I only missed it since it dropped in between Horizon: Zero Dawn and Zelda, but I played and loved the Demo.

You had mentioned in another thread for a Zelda like replacement, and you didn't mind/preferred the basic combat. The combat in Nioh is far from basic and a lot of people were saying how the liked the additional combat mechanics Nioh offered over the likes of Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

If you're looking for a fun romp through a game, Nioh will frustrate you as you die over and over again from the unforgiving combat and boss battles.

There was a big Nioh thread on here and it got a lot of love from the Dark Souls crowed. I only missed it since it dropped in between Horizon: Zero Dawn and Zelda, but I played and loved the Demo.

You had mentioned in another thread for a Zelda like replacement, and you didn't mind/preferred the basic combat. The combat in Nioh is far from basic and a lot of people were saying how the liked the additional combat mechanics Nioh offered over the likes of Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

If you're looking for a fun romp through a game, Nioh will frustrate you as you die over and over again from the unforgiving combat and boss battles.

Even on easiest difficulty it's really hard?

Even on easiest difficulty it's really hard?

There isn't an option for difficulty levels but I think there is a hard mode after you beat it.

Have you played any games out of the Dark Souls series? I saw your Bloodborne thread asking about it, so I know you haven't played that for comparison. Nioh is very much a blend of those games and big part of that is brutal combat and lots of boss mechanic memorization to exploit and punish missed attacks with very narrow windows of animation. Lots and lots of deaths on bosses and tough sequences are common in order to perfect the battle.

You should check out Darksiders. Both 1 and 2 have been remasterd and are on PS4, they might itch your Zelda scratch.

Amazing game. Starts off hard but as you level up and unlock weapon skills and other tricks, you can faceroll the second half of the game

I like Nioh, it isn't as good as DS3/BB for me, but is better than DS2. I never really got into Nioh, I did enjoy playing it, but I just didn't get engaged with it.

I'm playing it now it's pretty good easier than B.B. and D

Far better and more ambitious than Dark Souls 3. If you like action games at all, Nioh is the cream of the crop right now.

Man just picked this up. I must say I am very impressed. Just farming first location to max familiarity and get feel for each weapon. Any recommendations for a player that likes spike damage?

It's on sale on PS store for 20+ bucks. Picked up a copy and will try it once I tire of monster hunter...

Last edited:
I picked it up on sale from the ps store earlier this week. I’m almost finished Dark Soul 3 then Nioh will be next.

I’ve sunk over 300 hours into this game. If you get hooked on RNG loot treadmills like I do, you’ll end up with that many hours too. It’s fantastic though and the combat is much more intricate than Soulsborne games

Nioh basically took the Souls-like genre to the next lvl, i cant really enjoy DS as much anymore because of it

I definitely liked Soulsborne better. Nio was good but too repetitive.

Man just picked this up. I must say I am very impressed. Just farming first location to max familiarity and get feel for each weapon. Any recommendations for a player that likes spike damage?
Spike damage? Kusarigama is the best DPS weapon in the game. Odachi is the best swing for swing weapon, it’s like a Greatsword.

Spike damage? Kusarigama is the best DPS weapon in the game. Odachi is the best swing for swing weapon, it’s like a Greatsword.
Thanks. Ive been using the whip weapon. But doesn't fit like I like to play. Seems easymode. But I like methodical approaches more tbh.

I’ve sunk over 300 hours into this game. If you get hooked on RNG loot treadmills like I do, you’ll end up with that many hours too. It’s fantastic though and the combat is much more intricate than Soulsborne games
I am still in the beginning just farming and it reminds me of Soulsborne/Inyasha or ninja gaiden. I get them mixed up. Plus Diablo. 50 bucks for complete edition was a good buy for me. I am loving it.

I am still in the beginning just farming and it reminds me of Soulsborne/Inyasha or ninja gaiden. I get them mixed up. Plus Diablo. 50 bucks for complete edition was a good buy for me. I am loving it.
It's the same developer that made Ninja Gaiden and they hid a few easter eggs throughout the game. It was also inspired by Onimusha.

Back