NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really crusing along now. Spending some time and farming for gear really made the difference so I wouldn't get 3 shot by trash mobs. I stuck around the first Yokai you encounter near the like the 3rd alter and kept fighting all the fallen dead there as they refreshed pretty quick. Ending up getting a bunch of yellow and purple gear and got my level to like 12 or so. Ended up getting a bad ass axe called the Arm Crusher or something like that. Maxed to like level 9 or 10 and the thing has like 250 damage, still pretty early but it's leaps and bounds higher in damage than anything I've seen so far. Also found a spear that has wind damage added and it wrecks enemies stamina gages.

Made it to the first boss on the ship and he fucked me up for the first 10 or so tries. My Dark Souls strategy worked pretty well, but it's not quite the same so while it worked okay, still got jacked up a bunch. Finally beat him and had to call it quits. He dropped a ton of stuff, but since I spent so much time farming, nothing he dropped even came close to what I was already equiped with. My breast plate had like 50 armor and the one he dropped only had like 35.

Next step in the morning is to hit up an area I passed up, then find a good spot in the next level to grind out some exp/gear.

Good stuff. The first alpha I did heavy farming and it helped a lot. You are moving along fast. The 2nd half of the demo is longer and harder but at this pace you might be able to finish it even thou you won't have as much free gaming time as you like.

This is the farming guide I used last time if anyone wants to use it.

Really crusing along now. Spending some time and farming for gear really made the difference so I wouldn't get 3 shot by trash mobs. I stuck around the first Yokai you encounter near the like the 3rd alter and kept fighting all the fallen dead there as they refreshed pretty quick. Ending up getting a bunch of yellow and purple gear and got my level to like 12 or so. Ended up getting a bad ass axe called the Arm Crusher or something like that. Maxed to like level 9 or 10 and the thing has like 250 damage, still pretty early but it's leaps and bounds higher in damage than anything I've seen so far. Also found a spear that has wind damage added and it wrecks enemies stamina gages.

Made it to the first boss on the ship and he fucked me up for the first 10 or so tries. My Dark Souls strategy worked pretty well, but it's not quite the same so while it worked okay, still got jacked up a bunch. Finally beat him and had to call it quits. He dropped a ton of stuff, but since I spent so much time farming, nothing he dropped even came close to what I was already equiped with. My breast plate had like 50 armor and the one he dropped only had like 35.

Next step in the morning is to hit up an area I passed up, then find a good spot in the next level to grind out some exp/gear.
Thats awesome. Took me like 20 attempts just to figure out you can't iframe through the chains properly and that it's better to back all the way out between attacks. The first part of the fight is the worst but then it gets a lot easier.

Has anyone beat Tachibana yet? That dude is an absolute beast.

He still has my number and kicking my ass...

26k9Td7.gif

Thats awesome. Took me like 20 attempts just to figure out you can't iframe through the chains properly and that it's better to back all the way out between attacks. The first part of the fight is the worst but then it gets a lot easier.

That's funny, I was the exact opposite. The first form for me was the easiest, and kept getting trounced in the second phase because he attacked so frequently I couldn't build enough stamina to dodge to create space.

Man I can't wait to play this some more in the morning. Thinking I will probably be able to finish the demo a good stretch tomorrow morning, plus next Sunday and an extra day off for labor day. will probably have to work Saturday and won't get time in.

Attempted the small sub level with the tall grass, forget the name. caught me off guard the way it's set up almost arena style with waves of enemies. I tend to fight defensively and was getting swarmed so had to change the tactics up and go on the offensive. this went much better and made it to what I think is the final area since I've seen videos with a boss fight there. I got the 3rd wave I guess where the two brute guys show up and they keep wrecking me. I did stay there for a bit since there are tons of fallen warriors to summon and farm for gear, a lot were 20 so got some nice upgrades.

headed to what 2nd level with all the caves and had to quit after making it to the second shrine. taking it kind of slow clearing the yokai out of the lower level where all the water is at. one of them dropped a bad ass hammer called like Hakan the Evil Smasher or some shit. The thing wrecks shop so go I ng to spend some time leveling it up along with some of my other weapons. I think I have pretty strong weapons with each element at this point so want to max those before I move on.

I beat Tachibana. Found that the trick was to counter him when he does regular attacks with the Katanas L1 + Square counter. Also if he charges his sword run the fuck away or get behind him.

I beat Tachibana. Found that the trick was to counter him when he does regular attacks with the Katanas L1 + Square counter. Also if he charges his sword run the fuck away or get behind him.
Very nice. He's one of the hardest bosses I've ever faced. I almost had him once last night but I'm hopeless today.

Did you find any consistent telegraph for his charged attack? I know his sword flashes prior to the move forward but it has varying delays and distances. There are also different tones (audio cues) prior to the sword swing but I can't figure out if they are purely random or something you can use to iframe through the attack.

Attempted the small sub level with the tall grass, forget the name. caught me off guard the way it's set up almost arena style with waves of enemies. I tend to fight defensively and was getting swarmed so had to change the tactics up and go on the offensive. this went much better and made it to what I think is the final area since I've seen videos with a boss fight there. I got the 3rd wave I guess where the two brute guys show up and they keep wrecking me. I did stay there for a bit since there are tons of fallen warriors to summon and farm for gear, a lot were 20 so got some nice upgrades.

headed to what 2nd level with all the caves and had to quit after making it to the second shrine. taking it kind of slow clearing the yokai out of the lower level where all the water is at. one of them dropped a bad ass hammer called like Hakan the Evil Smasher or some shit. The thing wrecks shop so go I ng to spend some time leveling it up along with some of my other weapons. I think I have pretty strong weapons with each element at this point so want to max those before I move on.
The boss in that cave area is a lot of fun but extremely frustrating. The entire flooded section is pretty challenging.

Got to the spider boss lady and she is fucking me up. I can dodge her attacks for the most part, but the slightest miss step gets you stunned. Watched some tactics that I will try next time that I can be successful with. The move that ended me the most was her move where she extends her arms and does a few spins that stun you since this move has such a huge hit box. If I tried to keep at mid range and circle to bait her kick would get me stunned with the spin move, even with a dash back I would still be in range some of the time. Saw a vid where a guy rolled through and had success with that so I'll try that next time.

Very nice. He's one of the hardest bosses I've ever faced. I almost had him once last night but I'm hopeless today.

Did you find any consistent telegraph for his charged attack? I know his sword flashes prior to the move forward but it has varying delays and distances. There are also different tones (audio cues) prior to the sword swing but I can't figure out if they are purely random or something you can use to iframe through the attack.
Just watching his stance, if he lowers his sword he's gonna do more charge attacks. If he has his sword in the middle, when he does regular attacks he'll usually do a few in a row, to time it I blocked the first then countered the second. If he raises his sword you can pretty easily bait his jumping attack which can be countered easily but watch out for his spinning attack.

finally beat the Spider Woman boss. once I figured out all her moves it was just a matter of time until I put together a good run. learning to identify the kick combo or twirl was when I finally turned the tide. Still got caught a few times and the run I finally beat her I only used 1 elixir.

Want to beat the other mini level and the Samurai on the hill. tried him a few times and got crushed.

tempted to grind a little on the higher versions of the levels, but don't want to spend to much time grinding a demo that's just going to get wiped.

finally beat the Spider Woman boss. once I figured out all her moves it was just a matter of time until I put together a good run. learning to identify the kick combo or twirl was when I finally turned the tide. Still got caught a few times and the run I finally beat her I only used 1 elixir.

Want to beat the other mini level and the Samurai on the hill. tried him a few times and got crushed.

tempted to grind a little on the higher versions of the levels, but don't want to spend to much time grinding a demo that's just going to get wiped.
Nice. She gave me hell with her paralysis attacks.

Just watching his stance, if he lowers his sword he's gonna do more charge attacks. If he has his sword in the middle, when he does regular attacks he'll usually do a few in a row, to time it I blocked the first then countered the second. If he raises his sword you can pretty easily bait his jumping attack which can be countered easily but watch out for his spinning attack.
I had him down to two hits left but ran out of elixirs and got caught. So close. I still need to get better at parrying him and punishing when his stamina is low.

This fight became hella fun once I figured out how to iframe his charge. You just have to dodge really early. Such a hectic fight, I love it now that I'm not afraid of any of his attacks. Took me a long time to figure him out though.

At low health he likes to bait you into countering his jumping attack and then follows it up with a second jumping attack that gets hyperarmor. He killed me twice like that. Devious fucker.

Alright so I jumped on this bandwagon last night on my night off. Got through the cave boss. Nothing was too difficult until her but she was certainly challenging.

I did figure out a strategy that eliminates a great deal of risk. Keep yourself positioned so that you can run directly backwards and every time she comes at you wait until she is in striking distance and run directly away until you recognize which attack she is using. If she spins to win keep running and then you get an easy hit. If she uses another attack run at her and get a hit. If you are decent at this you only need to worry about the sonic wave and the flying charge. You can basically hit her after every attack she does too which is nice.

Time to go find this other mob now I guess!

Got him. This is now one of my favourite boss fights in any game. So much awesome.

Oh shit, apparently he drops his sword and bow sometimes if you're lucky. And the mission always resets so you can fight him as many times as you like.

Alright so I jumped on this bandwagon last night on my night off. Got through the cave boss. Nothing was too difficult until her but she was certainly challenging.

I did figure out a strategy that eliminates a great deal of risk. Keep yourself positioned so that you can run directly backwards and every time she comes at you wait until she is in striking distance and run directly away until you recognize which attack she is using. If she spins to win keep running and then you get an easy hit. If she uses another attack run at her and get a hit. If you are decent at this you only need to worry about the sonic wave and the flying charge. You can basically hit her after every attack she does too which is nice.

Time to go find this other mob now I guess!

I used close to the same strategy when I took her down, but instead of running back I would block until I could identify the attack. The wave and dive had bigger attack animations and easy to avoid, but that damn spin hit so fast it was hard to tell the difference between the spin and the kick or sword combo.

Rather than run I would block and if the kick/sword combo came out I would release the block and just circle away staying out of range and counter, but if the spin came out I would hold block. The spin would barely put a dent in my stamina, but if I was to close and I tried to block the kick the full combo would stagger me. It took me a bit to find the sweet spot in range, but once I did the fight went a lot smoother.

On a different note, have you seen the gameplay for Toukiden 2 yet? I know there was some stuff you didn't care for in the first one and liked MH a lot better, but Toukiden 2 is looking pretty good and it looks like they got rid of the level select zones and went to a more open world system that looks pretty dope. Looking forward to that coming state side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back