NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is this game compared to Bloodborne or the Souls series? I played the beta and the first demo but didnt like it at all. Controls definitely felt cumbersome to me but I wanna give it a shot after it gets cheaper and I get through the new games I want and a little bit of my backlog.

haven't been able to play in a week since inlaws were in town. Man i need to pay attention to all the details and options, just not used to playing these kind of games. I'm hearing things that i have no clue what its about such as farming. What does that do

haven't been able to play in a week since inlaws were in town. Man i need to pay attention to all the details and options, just not used to playing these kind of games. I'm hearing things that i have no clue what its about such as farming. What does that do

Farming is a general term which is basically going through the same cycle repeatedly in order to gather certain material/items.

In a game like Nioh it specifically means fighting certain enemies until they drop the necessary items you need. There are certain things you can do to increase the likelihood they drop what you want, but in general it's a grind.

The beauty of these games is that you can get through them without knowing all of the details. It's usually not until a 2nd or even 3rd play though that people really explore the full depth of the game.

Beat Oni in about five tries. Literally just kited him around the arena and turn&burned him with a high stance spear quick attack until he was dead.

Who the hell is Oni?

Who the hell is Oni?

Deadshot has begun his assimilation to the code itself. He is on a different plane of existance now

lawnmowerman.jpg

This is the second game that made me regret not getting a PS4 this gen, the other was bloodborne.

This is the second game that made me regret not getting a PS4 this gen, the other was bloodborne.

I hope From makes you regret it again by announcing BloodBorne 2 for 2018

<{yearp}>

On the 5th region now, i'm thinking of of respeccing ninjutsu doesn't seem very good, i dunno if i'm just using the wrong equipment but i'm planning on putting the points into magic.

On the 5th region now, i'm thinking of of respeccing ninjutsu doesn't seem very good, i dunno if i'm just using the wrong equipment but i'm planning on putting the points into magic.

I chose Ninja as well and agree that right now, at level 40, it sucks unless you want to sneak by everything.

If I respecced and went with dual swords, maybe it would be good because you might actually be able to get some of the poison/paralysis buffs active on enemies, but with any other weapon it's near impossible.

I saw a video of a late-game ish (lvl 90) Ninja that was pretty beast, though. There is a Ninja Set later in the game that scales A with Ninjutsu and he was doing some heavy damage with a katana (about 1800 a hit I think). He would just run around unseen and back stab everyone insta-killing them. On boss fights he'd litter the ground with the caltrops impeding their movement and rip them up with his sword.

Word around from people that have tried it, you can have up to five character game slots saved. If you start a sixth you will have to delete on. For people interested in having different builds under different saves.

I run a ninja/magic build and it wrecks shit up. I was rocking the red demon set but refashioned to look like Shinobi set. But found some better ninja gear later on.

To be fair thou, I checked out some video's on how best to utilize ninja skills and that helped me become better with it.

Word around from people that have tried it, you can have up to five character game slots saved. If you start a sixth you will have to delete on. For people interested in having different builds under different saves.
Only five? Pfft, Bloodborne has 10.

I chose Ninja as well and agree that right now, at level 40, it sucks unless you want to sneak by everything.

If I respecced and went with dual swords, maybe it would be good because you might actually be able to get some of the poison/paralysis buffs active on enemies, but with any other weapon it's near impossible.

I saw a video of a late-game ish (lvl 90) Ninja that was pretty beast, though. There is a Ninja Set later in the game that scales A with Ninjutsu and he was doing some heavy damage with a katana (about 1800 a hit I think). He would just run around unseen and back stab everyone insta-killing them. On boss fights he'd litter the ground with the caltrops impeding their movement and rip them up with his sword.

I think i have one piece of the ninja set you're talking about, i'm like level 95 i might get a full set then see how it is in general. I'll need to watch some videos as well i reckon.

I think i have one piece of the ninja set you're talking about, i'm like level 95 i might get a full set then see how it is in general. I'll need to watch some videos as well i reckon.

That set requires, I believe, SEVEN equipment pieces to get the Ninjitsu/Dex scaling. So you need the two weapons that go with it, too.

Here is the vid

That set requires, I believe, SEVEN equipment pieces to get the Ninjitsu/Dex scaling. So you need the two weapons that go with it, too.

Here is the vid

Great thanks, i already had 2 pieces of it, i'm trying to farm for the pieces and the smithing text at the moment. Read it takes a while though.

The pieces that drop are only lvl 65-70 so i'm gonna have to spend a fortune on soul matching.

Great thanks, i already had 2 pieces of it, i'm trying to farm for the pieces and the smithing text at the moment. Read it takes a while though.

The pieces that drop are only lvl 65-70 so i'm gonna have to spend a fortune on soul matching.

Yeah I haden't been paying a damn bit of attention to gold then one day I soul-matched an entire set and was shocked to see like 75% of my gold disappear.

Just been soul matching my axe. Most it cost was like $200k I think. I've got over $6M and nothing to spend it on.

Soul matching costs a fortune if you want to upgrade a whole set, i was wanting to upgrade gloves by like 10-15 levels and it was costing me 800k.

I got the smithing text for the ninja set i have the whole set now apart from the sword, some of the pieces are only white and yellow so im gonna farm for forging materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back