NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's so much fun once you figure him out. I fought him for almost a week straight after work during the beta. I love his aggression.

It was just this odd huge spike in difficulty. I got him after about 15 attempts probably but it was a lot of pot shotting and just trying to bait him into draining his stamina.

It's a cool fight I just wish I could fight him with more style than I did to beat him.

Seems like a waste of time investing in Ninja skills.

I have yet to really see any effect from the paralysis/poison/etc... that I've invested in.

Seems like a waste of time investing in Ninja skills.

I have yet to really see any effect from the paralysis/poison/etc... that I've invested in.

Medusa bombs aren't much good against bosses, but they're invaluable against revenants/humans.

Medusa bombs aren't much good against bosses, but they're invaluable against revenants/humans.

I just watched a vid of a guy that had a pretty beastly ninja build.

Are revenants humans? Can they be poisoned/paralyzed?

Fighting high level revenants has led me to deem the Red Demon Set as the Basic Bitch Set.

Is there any good fire swords in the game? I haven't came across any yet, you get a fire bonus with the red demon set
Fighting high level revenants has led me to deem the Red Demon Set as the Basic Bitch Set.

Well consider me part of the basic bitch brigade lol. It's awesome, what set are you using?

Well consider me part of the basic bitch brigade lol. It's awesome, what set are you using?
Lol, it's too good not to use, I don't blame people. I like the Red Demon, Youngblood, and Justice Ministry sets.

Two new vids.

First a TerraMantis vid. His 10 things you didn't know vids usually actually reveal many things you don't know. And does good lore vids.

Spoiler warning, one shows how to beat a boss easy with a certain living weapon, and the final one shows end boss spoilers.

And XLH Gladiator is a high level Nioh player. He is the guy in the Yokai Must Die vid. Here he gives advance tips so we can try and do what he does.

Yokai Must Die if you never saw it.

Last edited:
Any of you guys using ninjutsu? What are some good skills to unlock? I've mostly just been using the bombs most of them suck but the heavy bomb is pretty good, takes around an hour to throw though. I've just started using the power pills as well, they don't last very long.

I just watched a vid of a guy that had a pretty beastly ninja build.

Are revenants humans? Can they be poisoned/paralyzed?

Revenants are other players who died so yeah they're human.

Bloodborne hasn't got a Pro update yet, but the upcoming ps4 update will have boost mode which does improve it according to people that try it in beta and videos released.
I hadn't really planned on getting either but it's my busy season and I needed some kind of reward for busting my ass. My TV was a 7-8 year old tiny flatscreen so I figured it was time for that as well.

Pleased with both so far and I still plan on going back to Bloodborne so this boost mode sounds like icing on the cake.

It was just this odd huge spike in difficulty. I got him after about 15 attempts probably but it was a lot of pot shotting and just trying to bait him into draining his stamina.

It's a cool fight I just wish I could fight him with more style than I did to beat him.
Then you beat him faster than I did. I couldn't even land a hit when I first tried. Just ran in and died in the first five seconds. Painful process learning that fight but the duels are my favourite part of this game.

So the max level is 750. There is a Reddit thread with a guy at level 750 offering to help people. And a different thread with a picture of a revenant grave of a level 750 character.

Unseasonably warm weather putting a damper on my gameplay. Wife says I can't play NiOh with the windows open <45>
Yeah that game has had me cursing lol.

Yeah, it just takes two points in the ninja skill tree. They do a shit load of damage.
Crap! I wish I had known this earlier, I try to get behind enemies most of the time anyways so they can't strike back easily

Then you beat him faster than I did. I couldn't even land a hit when I first tried. Just ran in and died in the first five seconds. Painful process learning that fight but the duels are my favourite part of this game.

Yeah it's a cool fight. I need to invest more time in understanding guard break etc...

I also need to git gud at parrying.

Just finished Nioh's blightown. That boss had some wonky ass hit boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back