NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ever say that.

Lol I know I know. Every interview I've read from Miyazaki recently makes it sound like he wants to focus on different genres. One even saying he doesn't care if someone else did a Bloodborne sequel but he doubt's it will be him.

Got a chance to play for a while tonight. Still haven't found a boss yet but I did hit a few shrines (bonfires) and beat a couple of mini bosses. The combat takes some getting used to and I'm still not comfortable with the control scheme but at least I'm starting to use the ki pulse mechanic more often. It regenerates your stamina very quickly, allowing for some relentless combos and stunlocks essentially.

I can feel myself catching the bug. I like the movement and the controls are very responsive. Dodging is a bit different though. It feels like there are less iframes than I'm used to so you have to dodge earlier.

One thing about this game are the mobs and surprise attacks. You are constantly getting ambushed which can be annoying. And the mobs seem to aggro at once so you can't pull them as easily as you'd like. All in all though, great demo so far.

Finally beat the first boss but it took way longer than expected. It seems like a such a simple moveset to learn but I couldn't make it past the very beginning of the fight without losing most of my healing elixirs. At the end it took me to the PSN Store and unlocked some kind of unique DLC for the main game. What a cool reward.

Love the game so far. The mechanics have a pretty steep learning curve but are fun and very rewarding once they become a little more natural. I'm really going to miss this when the beta finishes Sept 6.

Watched Tolo play this for 4 hours. I'll probably buy it based on what I saw.

Watched Tolo play this for 4 hours. I'll probably buy it based on what I saw.
How did he like it? I watched the beginning and he was just bitching a lot.

You should try the demo. You get extra content for the main game that way.

How did he like it? I watched the beginning and he was just bitching a lot.

You should try the demo. You get extra content for the main game that way.
He loved it and said he'd do challenge runs in the future

He loved it and said he'd do challenge runs in the future
Are you serious? Haha that fucking guy said he could tell early on he would never like the game enough to consider doing challenge runs. I tried telling him to get good at the ki pulse because it makes combat easier and more fun but he just kept bitching. Now I need to watch the replay of his stream. lol

Did he finish the entire demo? He'll be really good at this if he decides to play it more. I knew it would be right up his alley. The combat is ridiculously deep and requires a fair amount of dexterity to play at a high level. It definitely seems harder than Soulsborne to me.

Just played it last night and didn't know that the areas are the exact same as the first demo they released?

Just played it last night and didn't know that the areas are the exact same as the first demo they released?
I never played the alpha but that would explain why some streamers seem so familiar with the beta on the first day. I hear they improved some mechanics. Have you noticed any differences yet?

Are you serious? Haha that fucking guy said he could tell early on he would never like the game enough to consider doing challenge runs. I tried telling him to get good at the ki pulse because it makes combat easier and more fun but he just kept bitching. Now I need to watch the replay of his stream. lol

Did he finish the entire demo? He'll be really good at this if he decides to play it more. I knew it would be right up his alley. The combat is ridiculously deep and requires a fair amount of dexterity to play at a high level. It definitely seems harder than Soulsborne to me.
He beat the first boss and said he'd come back to the game eventually

Played it and I hate it. Shits too wonky for me. You do dogshit damage while your enemy 3 shots you. Combat not as fluid as Souls either.

This is Rords of the Farren.

Haha it definitely takes some getting used to. The lower basin area heading to the second boss (I assume) is fucking impossible. You don't have enough healing elixirs and there are a million capra demons. I have no idea how I'll make it through this area.

I take it back. Don't bother or you might not have a PS4 left. This area is some serious bullshit.

The first part is the same allowing people to earn the free dlc for beating it. The second part is new and also adds dlc for beating it. Also the first demo was alpha and changes that people asked for have been added to this version.

Played it and I hate it. Shits too wonky for me. You do dogshit damage while your enemy 3 shots you. Combat not as fluid as Souls either.

Gotta get better gear and weapons. Early game you are at a disadvantage.

but the hit box is better + more moves.

Second boss is a problem. That spin to win is so hard to avoid.

Second boss is a problem. That spin to win is so hard to avoid.

Yep he is dominating me. I've decided to avoid him until I improve my weapons because I can't beat him on skill alone. Streams I've seen of people beating him with ease had much higher level of weapon.

Yep he is dominating me. I've decided to avoid him until I improve my weapons because I can't beat him on skill alone. Streams I've seen of people beating him with ease had much higher level of weapon.
I haven't upgraded my katana either but I doubt that is going to help much if I can't avoid her attacks. I swear it seems like you only get one iframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back