NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind. The main guy was hiding in a little shed that you had to break the wall to find. I can't be the only one to wander around forever looking for him.

Just fought the Red Oni at the dojo. That dude is badass.

Just beat the Spider on first attempt, the only boss i've really had trouble with is the blob.

Any good armour sets to look out for? I've been using way of the warrior for ages now i need a change, i'm around level 50

Any good armour sets to look out for? I've been using way of the warrior for ages now i need a change, i'm around level 50
I was using Vassal's set for a while. Pretty light with good a defensive multiplier. I just switched to another set but forget what it's called.

Not sure but it seems like 50% equip load is a key level to stay under. Movement and ki regen got worse above that.

I can see the criticism of no enemy variation. I'm 16 hours into the game and every enemy looks the same still. The giant tongue fuckers are the highest level enemy I'm guessing unless they recycle bosses later.

The ice bitch triggered me so hard that I summoned someone AND sloth'd that bitch

Tachibana still impossible at level 55 because one hit takes all your ki and the fight is just insanely cheap and shitty

Best way to judge what's good is farm revenants and find out what is popular. I don't know what point in the game you are but eventually you will see a majority wearing Red Demon set(and with good reason). That's what your want. Not only the set, the smithing text also.

Ii,%20The%20Red%20Demon%20armor%20set.jpg

Maybe they'll be smart and just not enable consumables in pvp

Probably what they will do but it will still lead to bitching. People that have put 50+ hours into their ninja or magic are going to feel shafted.

I've never been much into PvP in Soulsborne games, so it doesn't effect me. However I can see the bitching from a mile away, and fear the changes to satisfy PvP might fuck up PvE.

Made it to the first boss and immediately I've noticed some real issues with this game. The dodge seems unreliable and there was some wonky shit going on in that fight. I'd dodge behind the boss when he'd go to throw one of his balls at me and the ball would still hit me. That's some bad programming right there. Was really jarring to see him go through a forward throwing motion only for the ball to fly backwards towards me.

Hopefully the other boss fights are better than this one.

It really bugs me when you're fighting multiple enemies and how you'll drop lock on after just killing one.

Unreliable dodging? I haven't heard that one before.

He throws across his body in a sweeping motion and just hanging out behind him won't prevent a hit when he's unchained. The only time that boss throws directly in front of him is when he's chained up and I've never seen them go anywhere but where they should.

Unreliable dodging? I haven't heard that one before.

He throws across his body in a sweeping motion and just hanging out behind him won't prevent a hit when he's unchained. The only time that boss throws directly in front of him is when he's chained up and I've never seen them go anywhere but where they should.

I'm talking after chain breaks, so the second phase of the fight. He would literally do a forward motion throw but the ball wouldn't follow his motion due to my movement. It looked so awkward to me.

It really bugs me when you're fighting multiple enemies and how you'll drop lock on after just killing one.
I believe there is a setting for that, something like "acquire new target after locked on enemy defeated".

I prefer to do that manually so I remember verifying that mine was turned off.

I'm talking after chain breaks, so the second phase of the fight. He would literally do a forward motion throw but the ball wouldn't follow his motion due to my movement. It looked so awkward to me.
You have to dodge very late to avoid being hit. It's doable but some of the enemies in this game do seem to have Olympic level dexterity.

I believe there is a setting for that, something like "acquire new target after locked on enemy defeated".

I prefer to do that manually so I remember verifying that mine was turned off.

Oh snap, I'll have to check my settings for this when I play later. Thanks.

You have to dodge very late to avoid being hit. It's doable but some of the enemies in this game do seem to have Olympic level dexterity.

Are there invulnerability frames similar to dark souls? I keep treating the dodge like I'm playing a souls game and I think that's what is fucking me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back