NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I've ever played a game with this much loot, 90% of which I'll probably never use.

I just beat the ice waifu and they gave me a paint brush.
<{fry}>
I sell my shit for elixirs and whatnot

Had him to a quarter health and forgot to equip my fire amulets. Also wasted my fire masks on phase 1 when they'd be infinitely more useful in phase 2.

It's definitely possible to burst him to phase 2 in one cycle. Gotta hit then glowing hands

I just did an early twilight mission while being way overleveled. Feels good man.

Cruising now. Wrecked hino enma last night on the first try. Boss patterns are easy to recognize so far.

Still haven't gotten the parry timing down yet, but flowing through battle is starting to be muscle memory now.

I have to admit the straight up battle mechanics are better than Souls and even
Bloodborne. Very addictive game and I haven't even touched any of the blacksmith or magic options yet.

I'm about done with the game and I don't think I can put it above Bloodborne's mechanics. The rally system, viscerals, trick weapons, just too good.

I'm about done with the game and I don't think I can put it above Bloodborne's mechanics. The rally system, viscerals, trick weapons, just too good.

Overall I enjoy the SoulsBorne games more. Not much debate with me there. But I'm leaning Nioh in terms of just raw gameplay. You are much more experienced in both games, though.

Have you found any need to explore the black smithing options? To be honest my head is kind of spinning when I go into them. At this point I'm just fighting revenants to get better gear. I haven't focused on any of the weapon bonuses etc...

The movement and range of motion in BB is better as well. I love just running around in that game.

I'm a long way from finishing Nioh but already thinking about doing BL4's again. I might do one soon just so I don't lose all my timing and feel.

Overall I enjoy the SoulsBorne games more. Not much debate with me there. But I'm leaning Nioh in terms of just raw gameplay. You are much more experienced in both games, though.

Have you found any need to explore the black smithing options? To be honest my head is kind of spinning when I go into them. At this point I'm just fighting revenants to get better gear. I haven't focused on any of the weapon bonuses etc...
Yeah I mean just from a gameplay mechanics perspective. I don't think I've played a better game than BB when it comes to that. I am having more fun with it than I have Souls games though. Faster paced combat is more up my alley.

I've crafted a couple of things but I always have something better in my inventory it seems like. I haven't done any soul matching or anything like that yet though. I know there's a lot I'm not fully exploring.

Yeah I mean just from a gameplay mechanics perspective. I don't think I've played a better game than BB when it comes to that. I am having more fun with it than I have Souls games though. Faster paced combat is more up my alley.
How is your Orphan fight going?

How is your Orphan fight going?
I haven't really attempted it. I started running just some regular NG+'s trying out a different weapon each play through.

I need to do another Bloodborne run. I've only played it once and pretty much used Threaded Cane and Blades of Mercy exclusively.

I got to Amy in the chalice dungeons and rage quit one day never to return.

The bridge with the axe dude had me seething until I discovered the cheese

LIterally screaming at the television and crunching a controller because no matter what THIS MOTHERFUCKER WILL NOT DODGE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SPIDER BOSS FIGHT AND CONSTANTLY GETS STUNLOCKED TO DEATH FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHEAP ANTIPLAYER PROGRAMMING TEAM NINJA SUCK MY COCK

LIterally screaming at the television and crunching a controller because no matter what THIS MOTHERFUCKER WILL NOT DODGE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SPIDER BOSS FIGHT AND CONSTANTLY GETS STUNLOCKED TO DEATH FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHEAP ANTIPLAYER PROGRAMMING TEAM NINJA SUCK MY COCK

raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back