NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome, only thing is the main character doesn't fit in the game, WTH do I have to play as Geralt in a samurai game in ancient Japan? It breaks immersion, I"m guessing they wanted to get the western audience more interested in the game so they went with a European main character.

Looks awesome, only thing is the main character doesn't fit in the game, WTH do I have to play as Geralt in a samurai game in ancient Japan? It breaks immersion, I"m guessing they wanted to get the western audience more interested in the game so they went with a European main character.
... That's actually a huge plus to me. Normally I don't like westernized characters in my Japanese settings, but Geralt is fucking awesome. And he's killing monsters, so I'll just play this game pretending that I am Geralt in Japan wielding a silver katana.

Did anyone play the demo though? It kicked my ass, I never really got anywhere in it, I'm not sure about this game. I really, really want to like it though the setting is right up my alley

... That's actually a huge plus to me. Normally I don't like westernized characters in my Japanese settings, but Geralt is fucking awesome. And he's killing monsters, so I'll just play this game pretending that I am Geralt in Japan wielding a silver katana.

Did anyone play the demo though? It kicked my ass, I never really got anywhere in it, I'm not sure about this game. I really, really want to like it though the setting is right up my alley

Kinda kills the immersion for me, doesn't make sense its like putting a Japanese guy as the main character in a game that takes place in midieval Europe. It seems to me they are just pandering to a demographic. I would prefer if we at least had a choice in character selection, call me old fashioned but I like my samurais to be Japanese just like I like my Knights and Spartans to be European.

Kinda kills the immersion for me, doesn't make sense its like putting a Japanese guy as the main character in a game that takes place in midieval Europe. It seems to me they are just pandering to a demographic. I would prefer if we at least had a choice in character selection, call me old fashioned but I like my samurais to be Japanese just like I like my Knights and Spartans to be European.
.... And you like you're Witchers to be Witchers yes? Maybe he was Japanese, and it mutated him into Geralt:p I kid, and I agree. Except that in this case, I am ok with it because I am almost as big a Witcher fanboy as I am a Samurai fanbnoy

I love these kinds of games and the souls games but I suck at the them they are so hard. I wish they could make a game similar to these games but much easier. Call it Beta Souls IDGAF I just want to be able to play one of these games. Also give it a good story a lot of these games pretty much have no story and I don't get why they do that.

This is way off topic, but I'd love to see another Tenchu type game.

Another demo!

Nioh Beta Demo
8/23 - 9/6

The Beta Demo will be available via the PlayStation® Store from August 23 until September 6, after which time the demo will be disabled. Players will have a second—and final—chance to obtain the special, to-be-revealed Mark of the Conqueror DLC, as well as a chance at the all-new Mark of the Strong DLC…

This first stage of the demo will offer new challenges and the opportunity to once again fight for the mysterious Mark of the Conqueror DLC. Warriors who conquered Usuki and procured the DLC during the Alpha Demo won’t be left wanting, however, as they will receive a set of weapons and more starting money. These champions will also have the opportunity to play through the new Nakatsu stage without having to clear Usuki again… Defeating the Nakatsu stage will award players with the Mark of the Strong DLC, which will be available when the game launches.

The experience gained from the trials of Usuki and Nakatsu should equip the most skilled players for an even more challenging undertaking: the Twilight mission. In this arduous mission, players can re-visit Usuki or Nakatsu, battle against stronger enemies and new fearsome creatures, and earn highly-valued items...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/4y6c0m/nioh_press_release_on_upcoming_beta_info_on_new/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back