NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
New boss battle gameplay. I have no idea how to time stamp video since Sherdog changed format. Gameplay starts at 157:00. Wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed the ice chick for the demo and she is much harder come game launch. The fight looked easy.

New boss battle gameplay. I have no idea how to time stamp video since Sherdog changed format. Gameplay starts at 157:00. Wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed the ice chick for the demo and she is much harder come game launch. The fight looked easy.

Cool. Boss fight started at 2:45 minutes for me. Looks like she has a fun moveset.

Cool. Boss fight started at 2:45 minutes for me. Looks like she has a fun moveset.

That's weird. I've started the video both logged on and off, with video starting at the beginning of the event. Maybe I time stamped it without knowing but it doesn't work on mobile, which I'm using. Even still you might have missed some stuff. He did more than 3 minutes of stage gameplay before getting to the boss.

That's weird. I've started the video both logged on and off, with video starting at the beginning of the event. Maybe I time stamped it without knowing but it doesn't work on mobile, which I'm using. Even still you might have missed some stuff. He did more than 3 minutes of stage gameplay before getting to the boss.
Yeah I saw the other gameplay before the boss as well. It started about 10 minutes earlier.

To avoid confusion, this video is just gameplay.

Beta survey results
http://teamninja-studio.com/nioh/us/demo.html

beta_top_0916.png

Thank you to all who played the Nioh Beta Demo!

We also appreciate the tons of valuable feedback many of you also gave through our online survey. The dev team has read through the feedback and is coming up with improvements to make the final game even better.

In addition, it is safe to delete the Nioh Beta Demo game data and save data. Deleting these data will not affect the Mark of the Conqueror and the Mark of the Warrior.

Regarding the inquires we received regarding Nioh's Mark of Conqueror (North America only), once you redeemed the mark, you will be able to receive the bonuses with the full version of the game regardless of it being in the PS4 library or not.

OVERALL
• Fine tune the game balance and pace
• Adjust RPG elements such as player growth and armor parameters
• Further improvements to clarify the interface and make it easier to use

DETAILS
■ Tutorials
• Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game actions.

■ Action & Controls
• Revise the TPS controls
• Add and adjust samurai skills
• Adjust the player damage/defeat
• Adjust the methods and performance of lowering the enemy stamina
• Adjust the weight and agility of armor

■ Level Design/Stages
• Adjust position of enemies including the Twilight Missions
• Adjust enemy detection issues
• Adjust collision such as dropping edges

■ Enemies
• Adjust strength and attack power of enemies
• Adjust the AI tracking ability and groupthink
• Add Boss attack variations in the Twilight Missions
• Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) and homing abilities

■ RPG
• Expand the maximum number of items (overall and per item)
• Adjust the amount of armor items dropped
• Expand the functions of the Blacksmith, adjust the requirements of Re-Forge and Soul Match
• Implement items when player level is reset
• Revise each type of reward

■ UI
• Improve each type of interface and usability
• Expand the tutorial

■ Camera
• Improve camera behavior in areas of bad visibility and inclines
• Add the ON/OFF option for camera autocorrect

■ Online
• Adjust Revenant drops
• Improve the enemy attack behavior during co-op play
• Fix enemy transparency bugs
• Allow movies to be skipped after the Boss is obliterated in co-op play

■ Other
• Stabilize the frame rate of image optimization
• Fix various problems and bugs

^ I like their response to the survey. Shows they are listening to player feedback. It's a shame I forgot to submit mine.

I was hoping they would make ladders and chests easier to interact with. They take too long. I can't even tell you how many times I went to climb down a ladder and just walked off the edge.

Also, allow you to warp from shrines like with bonfires. Having missions reset whenever you leave an area is not a good idea. Sometimes you get stuck on a boss and want to try something else for a while without having to redo the entire level.

^ Did they just release that footage? And why spiders? I fucking hate spiders.

^ Did they just release that footage? And why spiders? I fucking hate spiders.

Yeah during the TGS 2016 each day of the event Nioh did and released stuff. This was the last thing I believe we will see from the event. "Nioh challenge". The game producer playing. Supposedly, there is a longer video with him after many attempts beating the Spider boss. So it shows more of her movesets than the one I posted. I haven't seen it though.

^ Cool trailer. Can't wait for them to announce the official release date.

Available for preorder now but the PS Store incorrectly lists Dec. 31, 2017 as release. It's supposed to be Feb. 9.

No way I'm ordering until they fix that, just in case. lol

^ Sounds like the beginning to the Orphan fight in BB. Boss looks like it has a fun moveset to play against.

Funny you posted that. I was just thinking this morning about how the release is only a couple of months away now.

I cannot wait for this game. This is going to be one of those play a little bit during the week and then shut off the phone, tell the gf I'm really sick, order food and stay in all weekend binging. Can't wait.

One of the PSX videos, the studio rep said the game is 70 hours. I'm happy it's going to have some real meat to it.

Only a few weeks away and the PS Store still lists the release date as Dec.31. I've sent them two messages about it and still no fix. I want to preorder for the theme and special gear but don't want to risk it not unlocking on time. Wake up Sony!

I didn't get the hype behind this game until very recently when I realized it's from the developers of Ninja Gaiden Black, one of the best games IMO of the past 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back