NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you guys who own this console. Is the majority of your usage as a handheld or on your tv? Or 50/50?
Hand held. After I beat Mario I hardly use the switch but when I do it’s handheld. At home I play pc and ps4

Got a switch on launch and it had problems after a few weeks so I got it refunded after playing through Zelda. Looking forward to picking one up again soon for Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong. Might wait till there's a few more big titles that I really want for it.

https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2018/5/23/17383976/nintendo-switch-japan-bundle-price

Nintendo releases cheaper Switch bundle in Japan without dock, power supply
Nintendo wants Japanese fans to buy a second Switch
By Ben Kuchera May 23, 2018, 10:01am EDTSHARE
Switch_JoyCon_NeonYellow_playstyle_02.0.jpg

Nintendo
The Nintendo Switch continues to sell very well, and there’s no indication that the hardware will get a price drop anytime soon. But a new bundle released in Japan seems to be aimed at houses that already own one Switch, and could also be attractive for people who only want a portable system and don’t care about hooking it up to a television.

This new version of the hardware costs 24,980 yen, which translates to about $227, and excludes the dock, the Joy-Con grip, the HDMI cable and even the AC adaptor. So you’ll need to either buy extra hardware to use the system on your television, use the hardware from another Switch you may have bought or just use the system purely as a portable by charging it with a standard USB-C cable.

This still isn’t exactly a price drop, and it may make more sense for the Japanese market than America, but it’s a possible look at how Nintendo could help fans who want to buy more than system for their home without doubling up on hardware they don’t need.

I’m guessing this option would be attractive to at least a few players in the United States; we’ll keep an eye out for any possible announcements about this bundle coming to other markets in the days leading up to E3.

And here's RE7 streaming straight from Japan. (Non english streamer) Difference between those streaming from U.S. and Japan quite noticeable.

Time to buy a Switch. Can't wait to go back to Kanto, now all these shinies collecting dust in Go are going to serve a purpose.

I was hoping for a more main line Pokémon game, these look like minor upgrades to the 3DS games. My wife and son are pretty excited for this since they still play Pokemon Go and the fact they can now do something with all the Pokemonz they've been collecting has them pretty hyped.

I was hoping for a more main line Pokémon game, these look like minor upgrades to the 3DS games. My wife and son are pretty excited for this since they still play Pokemon Go and the fact they can now do something with all the Pokemonz they've been collecting has them pretty hyped.

I think they said the new main line game would come second half of 2019

With them moving to a home system for the first time, it's probably a good move to not overextend themselves on the first go. They can focus on refining the base of the game without worrying about new regions, characters, Pokemon, and balancing the meta. They can take the familiar story, polish it up, and get used to developing on the Switch. I think this is going to be much more of a hybrid of the core games and Go that's sort of a taste of what's to come. I personally have wanted catching mechanics like Go, and motion controls is even better, but not at the cost of wild Pokemon battles. I trust them to make a good game though, it will probably be fine.

With them moving to a home system for the first time, it's probably a good move to not overextend themselves on the first go. They can focus on refining the base of the game without worrying about new regions, characters, Pokemon, and balancing the meta. They can take the familiar story, polish it up, and get used to developing on the Switch. I think this is going to be much more of a hybrid of the core games and Go that's sort of a taste of what's to come. I personally have wanted catching mechanics like Go, and motion controls is even better, but not at the cost of wild Pokemon battles. I trust them to make a good game though, it will probably be fine.

I love going back to Kanto, but not like this. Only the original 151 (plus some Alolan forms I believe), can't evolve your starter, no wild Pokemon battles. I'd be fine if catching a Pokemon meant doing it like Go, but not getting rid of wild Pokemon battles altogether.

Street Fighter 30 Anniversary Collection is my wet dream come true, aside from quarter circles being damn near impossible to pull off on the d-pad. On the pro controller it's awesome though. I feel like I did when I was 12...biking a mile to Walmart to play SF2 (or just watch the intro for an hour lol), or at my college arcade playing Third Strike again, enjoying the cutting edge animation. Sprite viewers, soundtrack previews, making-of sections...man, this is the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back