NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few friends who will buy a switch just because of this.

God I'm so looking forward to this and hope it uses a similar aiming style as BotW where aiming is a mix between joystick and motion controls. I also like that this might mean that Nintendo will get much more serious about online since the infrastructure they have right now would be piss poor for Fortnite.

im playing through zelda and streaming it all now... put 6 hours in feel like im still at the very beginning ... wanna stream it to complete have a feeling it will take a few weeks

My sister asked me the other day why my wife keeps texting her asking what games on the switch I might like which is interesting because I don’t own one.

Father’s Day is coming up.

Positive thoughts fellas.

im playing through zelda and streaming it all now... put 6 hours in feel like im still at the very beginning ... wanna stream it to complete have a feeling it will take a few weeks

It took me like 15 hours to finally leave the Great Plateau lol.

So over this past weekend I attended Smash n Splash 4 over at the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. Really cool watching high level players play Smash, although it makes me want to not even bother since I'll never even reach a fraction of that level.

What I came there for was the Splatoon 2 tournament. My team got absolutely BODIED in the placement bracket, going 0-9. The next day we did better in the bronze bracket, going 8-3 and placing 5th out of 16 teams. What an absolute blast, the Splatoon community is seriously one of the most welcoming and friendly environments to be in. Also watching the highest level players really made me realize there is so much about the game that I still don't know. It really upped my desire to keep playing and getting better at it. Still enjoy it more than any multiplayer shooter in a very long time, despite all of the game's flaws.

One thing that really stuck out to me is how much more enjoyable the game is when you have a full team with great voice chat. The tournament had monitors and a sound splitter set up for each team so we had great communication throughout. This is something I'd love to see the game add if they ever want to get more active into the competitive scene. Same goes for better netcode. The P2P system isn't really the major reason for lag and disconnects. Dedicated servers would be ideal but the game can still flow smoothly with a better netcode. While playing the tournament with everyone on a LAN setup you really see just how fun the game can be at its best.

For you guys who own this console. Is the majority of your usage as a handheld or on your tv? Or 50/50?

50/50 probably. Some things just work better handheld; aiming Link's bow in BOTW is one that immediately pops out. Using the motion controls feels great when it's hand held, but it feels like butthole when it's plugged in and I'm use the controllers individually.

But if I'm playing Mario Kart with people or something, it's going on the big screen. Doing anything split-screen on the hand held isn't fun imo.

God I'm so looking forward to this and hope it uses a similar aiming style as BotW where aiming is a mix between joystick and motion controls. I also like that this might mean that Nintendo will get much more serious about online since the infrastructure they have right now would be piss poor for Fortnite.

Funny how people were shitting over the idea of RE7 streaming on switch because internet connection on a portable device, but Fortnite is fine and dandy yet you need internet for that too.

I mean I'm excited about Fortnite as well, plus I didn't care for RE, but just making that observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back