NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Nintendo isn't playing around with the Switch. They are throwing down the fucking hammer. That direct yesterday was great, and the announcement of Doom and Wolfenstein 2 were shocking.

I'm salivating right now waiting on NBA 2k18 to be released at midnight digitally. Can't wait to play it on the damn toilet lol.

im very impressed they are really bringing it

Mario Oddssey bundle:
555127-switch-super-mario-odyssey-bundle.jpg

Project Octopath Traveler demo is insanely good. Amazing how well their whole "HD-2D" concept works. Game looks beautiful and the combat is incredibly fun. Currently doing the warrior's path but also looking forward to trying out the dancer.

Project Octopath Traveler demo is insanely good. Amazing how well their whole "HD-2D" concept works. Game looks beautiful and the combat is incredibly fun. Currently doing the warrior's path but also looking forward to trying out the dancer.

It's good but it makes me rage when I get to the boss, die, have to skip endless dialogue one line at a time leading up to the boss, die, rinse and repeat. There's no reason why such a dialogue heavy RPG shouldn't allow you to skip scenes in 2017.

And I really wish random turn based battles would die already. But the style and story interest me

Anyone have NBA 2K18 yet? If so, what are your thoughts. I bought it midnight on release and love it so far. The graphics on handheld are very nice. The only gripe I would have is the 30 fps is hard to get used to. Not on movement, but on shots. The timing on 3 pointers and shots in general seem off.

That's not Switch footage, unfortunately. I'll definitely be grabbing this one release day, unless there are shenanigans involved.

yeah. Considering how NBA 2k18 turned out I don't think it will be far off other than frame rate and a few effects here and there (and 6 vs 8 wrestlers max in ring)

Probably belongs in a separate thread, but I really do think The Switch has a lot of potential. I think there is over-emphasis on realistic graphics and people wanting shit that looks life-like and 60 fps+ in high res.

I think there's a lot of magic to artistic, and cartoony graphics. Realism is overrated in gaming. I think of games like original Punch Out where ever single character in the game was memorable, and many of them unforgettable.

Moral of the story -- we need more innovation, heart, creativity, and character in games. I like what the Switch shows. To be fair though, I don't have one and probably won't get one lol.

Anyone have NBA 2K18 yet? If so, what are your thoughts. I bought it midnight on release and love it so far. The graphics on handheld are very nice. The only gripe I would have is the 30 fps is hard to get used to. Not on movement, but on shots. The timing on 3 pointers and shots in general seem off.

I forgot that was coming out, and the release date just passed me by. Time to make a trip to Target.

wish I had more time to play these games!!!

I am hooked on destiny 2 for PS4 and can't stray away from it... Too many... games!... will take a break for Mario for sure but everything else? I dunno...

wish I had more time to play these games!!!

I am hooked on destiny 2 for PS4 and can't stray away from it... Too many... games!... will take a break for Mario for sure but everything else? I dunno...

How is Destiny 2? I was thinking of picking it up, but am afraid it will be exactly like the first one.

How is Destiny 2? I was thinking of picking it up, but am afraid it will be exactly like the first one.

if you didn't like the first one you may not like the 2nd one although they fixed a lot of things to make the game faster.

the best part of the game are raids but that's just me. playing with a clan is the way to go for destiny games. I love playing in raids and organizing teams to try to beat a raid.

if you didn't like the first one you may not like the 2nd one although they fixed a lot of things to make the game faster.

the best part of the game are raids but that's just me. playing with a clan is the way to go for destiny games. I love playing in raids and organizing teams to try to beat a raid.

I like the idea of doing a raid in an FPS - I raid in World of Warcraft - but goddamn I suck at FPS games, always have, wouldn't want to embarrass myself trying to join a clan or something

Back