NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Ok, so does that mean it’s an action RPG? Never played an mmo.

Yes and no... The combat is hard to explain and can almost be likened more to a music rhythm experience.

The combat in FF112, World of Warcraft and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are all almost identical in the sense that once you get close enough to an enemy and pull out your weapons your character will begin auto attacking. All of your skills, spells and movements however are controlled by you. So avoiding damage like fire on the ground, or timing a counter spell, or in the case of Xenoblade Chronicles timing your a button press as your swing hits (similar to FF8 actually) to generate more mana / energy / arcane whatever that's used on bigger specials, etc.

It's actually some of my favorite combat in RPG's but it's not used very often and it's probably confusing for a lot of people at first.

The combat can seem "very" simple at first, like you don't have as much control as you think, but you really do, and it's the same in many respects as just right clicking enemies in games like Diablo, Path of Exile, etc. The reality though is it's extraordinary in it's complexity and depth and the mechanics when allowed to expand become really fun to work with. To this day PVP'ing in World of Warcraft is some of the most challenging, satisfying and button intensive experiences I've ever had in gaming, stuff like Xenoblade and other RPG's don't nail the PVP of those mechanics but get damn close to recreating what it's like to kill a big raid boss or something along those lines.

Made by the same company that owns League of Legends

I'm WAAAAAY looking forward to this since I've heard they're considering putting One Piece and DC/Marvel characters on it which will be the ULTIMATE GAMEBREAKER in terms of how this thing will sell in Japan and the US respectively.

I really can't wait for this game, the Switch is lacking in actual turn based JRPGs. Love seeing that the developers are listening to feedback from their fans. Now I just hope they listened to my suggestion to display the enemy's HP during battles.

I really can't wait for this game, the Switch is lacking in actual turn based JRPGs. Love seeing that the developers are listening to feedback from their fans. Now I just hope they listened to my suggestion to display the enemy's HP during battles.
Long as they fix it so you don't have to relisten to drawn out pre-boss dialogue over and over after every time you die to them (which is what the demo did), I may pick it up

Long as they fix it so you don't have to relisten to drawn out pre-boss dialogue over and over after every time you die to them (which is what the demo did), I may pick it up

If you saw the video that @HairdewX posted the devs said they did add an option to skip cutscenes and dialogue. Love seeing game developers actually listening to their fans.

Latest Nintendo report of game sales

Mario Odyssey sold over 9 millions copies between Oct 27 and Dec 31...

CaMZzoa.png

I need this. Already have it on PC, but cannot recommend it enough. It's fantastic

"Soul of Root, Soul of Wyrm, Heart of Void"

"No cost too great.

No mind to think.

No will to break.

No voice to cry suffering.

Born of God and Void.

You shall seal the blinding light that plagues their dreams. You are the Vessel. You are the Hollow Knight."

- The Pale King

Back