NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

I think I'm done with Xeoblade Chronicles. I really wanted to love this game and have a deep RPG on the go, but I'm at the point were playing it almost feels like a chore. I'm about 20 hours in and made it Chapter 5 and the story is fine, I love the battle mechanics and world exploration, but every enemy seems to be a ridiculous damage sponge where the battles stretch out way longer than they need to. Even though I love the mechaincs of the battles, they feel like a chore with the absurd amount of hit points the enemies have and I started just avoiding battles all together to get to the next location. Boss battles I can see have a huge HP pool that stretches out, but a field bunny has no business having like 20,000 HP's that can absorb multiple high damage output attack strings. As I started to level up more, the battles started to feel more and more lopsided. My party was set up with Tora as a Tank, Rex as ATK and Nia as a healer and I never felt like I was in danger of dying as I was able pretty much keep my HP topped off with potions, but the battles took so long that it felt so unbalanced.

I don't feel like they did a very good job balancing enemy damage output and HP's. I think battle would have flowed better if enemies had less HP's with higher damage output. I feel like RPG's with similar real time battle mechincs like FFXII and Ni No Kuni had a much better flow of battle, where XC2 just feels so uneven.

Interesting, I had pretty much the exact opposite experience that you did. Typically my favorite types of JRPGs are turn based ones, and this is one of the first action JRPGs that I've really enjoyed. I absolutely love chaining together the arts into blade and driver combos. I ended up spending too much time battling everything in sight that I ended up a bit overleveled for where I am. I started chapter 5 with my party in the mid 40s level wise, and when I got to Leftheria all the enemies are in the lower 30s. My biggest problem is trying to figure out how to try using all these rare blades and who to put them on.

Given how well Switch sales have been, I'd be surprised if they didn't eventually make a monster hunter on the switch. Just might have to wait a while...
It'll happen. I can almost guarantee. MH on 3DS made the series as far as I'm concerned. I'd be surprised if they weren't working on a switch version right now.

https://tomorrowcorporation.com/7billionhumans

neuralPathways_wide.gif
fillTheFloor_narrow.gif

code_pc_narrow.gif
budgetBrigate_wide.gif

biometricAccess_wide.gif
boss_hereWeAreAgain_narrow.gif

New Sales

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

• 1-2 Switch 49.99 $34.99
  • ARMS 59.99 $41.99
  • DOOM 59.99 $41.99
  • Ultra Street Fighter II 39.99 $27.99
  • Mario + Rabbids 59.99 $41.99
  • Mario + Rabbids Gold Edition 79.99 $55.99
  • Flip Wars 9.99 $6.99
  • FIFA 18 59.99 $40.19
  • NBA 2k18 59.99 $38.99
  • NBA 2k18 Legend Edition 99.99 $49.99
  • NBA 2k18 Legend Edition Gold (jesus) 149.99 $82.49
  • Overcooked 19.99 $15.99
  • Dragonball Xenoverse 2 49.99 $34.99
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 59.99 $41.99
  • Nine Parchments 19.99 $15.99
  • Just Dance 2018 59.99 $41.99
  • WWE 2k18 59.99 $29.99
  • Worms WMD 29.99 $25.49
  • Mantis Burn Racing 19.99 $15.99
  • RIVE 14.99 $11.24
  • Wulverblade 19.99 $13.99
  • Monopoly 39.99 $27.99

Damn son, did not see Celeste coming. Will have to download.

Last edited:
Celeste is not an easy game but thanks to that "just one more screen and I'm done" feel I'm now late for work. So simple but so difficult at times.

If anyone picks this up, I'd love to hear how it is. I liked Setsuna a lot, so I am hopeful this will continue that spirit.

Think I'm going to pick this up after Bayonetta. From what I've read online it's pretty good and the story is better. I like I am Setsuna but the story was just so bland. This one actually has some twist and turns to it.

So I picked up XC’s 2 as my first game purchase not realizing it was a turn based strategy game. It just looked cool at the store and I said why not. I’ve never played a turn based strategy game and I’m a little afraid I might not like it. So far I’ve played Bloodborne and loved it, HZD same, new Zelda so far is cool, haven’t tried Mario yet and just DL Monster Hunter World. I’ve got plenty in front of me with most of my time dedicated to SFV. So my question is, should I give it a shot or turn it in for Skyrim. It seems like Skyrim is more up my alley and I haven’t played that game. BTW, the Switch will be used primarily for travel since I’m also on the road for work.

So I picked up XC’s 2 as my first game purchase not realizing it was a turn based strategy game. It just looked cool at the store and I said why not. I’ve never played a turn based strategy game and I’m a little afraid I might not like it. So far I’ve played Bloodborne and loved it, HZD same, new Zelda so far is cool, haven’t tried Mario yet and just DL Monster Hunter World. I’ve got plenty in front of me with most of my time dedicated to SFV. So my question is, should I give it a shot or turn it in for Skyrim. It seems like Skyrim is more up my alley and I haven’t played that game. BTW, the Switch will be used primarily for travel since I’m also on the road for work.

If you are talking about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 it doesn't have turns and isn't a turn based RPG. The combat is more akin to that of an MMO or in regards to consoles FF12, etc.

If you are talking about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 it doesn't have turns and isn't a turn based RPG. The combat is more akin to that of an MMO or in regards to consoles FF12, etc.

Ok, so does that mean it’s an action RPG? Never played an mmo.

Ok, so does that mean it’s an action RPG? Never played an mmo.

Basically it auto attacks for you, then you have to time your "powers" with those auto attacks, then you build up your specials that way and can combo those special with other characters for massive damage.

It's a hand held you dolt... And the most powerful hand held ever created. I swear some of you people have brain cancer.

Not to mention it's capable of running both Doom and New Colossus which are rather graphics intensive(granted with downgrades, but run them it still can). The whole thing just feels like Capcom pulled a goof and wasn't expecting the Switch to be such a sales powerhouse that they were effectively caught with their pants down and have nothing to really show for.

Back