NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

I got Xenoblade 2 for Christmas and it has to be one of the deepest RPGs I've ever played, especially when it comes to its battle system. I've logged about 15 hours into it and have read a bunch of online guides, yet I'm still struggling to wrap my head around some of the mechanics. Its depth almost reminds me of an MMORPG. It makes Elder Scrolls or Fallout seem like a Fisher Price toy in comparison.

That being said though, I think I'm enjoying it so far aside from some perplexing design decisions (does there really need to be like 25 different types of merchants?). The battle system is so unique it's hard not to be enthralled with it, and I also like the look of the game as well as the soundtrack.

Yea I beat it last week put about 70 hours into. Such an amazing game deep story, and great battle mechanics like you said. What I love is that eventually you are forced to learn the battle mechanics if you to survive and beat the later bosses. Sometimes games with deep systems like this will ignore it all and let you get by with just swinging away and basic spells. Not this game you will learn the mechanics or you will not pass. Like chain combo I did't understand until chapter 7-8 when I was forced to learn it.

Yes you can, I do with with Splatoon 2 quite often. Doesn't use a lot of data either.

Yea they released a study\stat sheet showing how much data is used during online play it was surprisingly very little.

Dude...play it for 80-100 hours and compare it to elder scrolls. 15 hours isn't nearly enough to make a claim like that. Average adventure/action games range from 10-15 hours.

Cause I can tell you right now - if there are 25 different kinds of merchants, the game is confusing. Don't confuse that with depth.

The merchants thing isn't confusing at all but I agree I don't see the need to separate so many merchants but it's easy to know which is which. The pictures above their head clearly let you know. Without a doubt the games combat has a lot more depth than elder scrolls and fallout 4 same with the story. I love elder scrolls and fallout but the combat and story have never really been it's strong suite.

What carrying case are yall using?

I got this one just recently:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2PN4BB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I originally had the bigger ones the sell at target with Mario kart on it but two issues:

1. I work in a business environment and I didn't like people seeing me carrying my Mario case around. Felt weird in that environment.

2. It was to thick. This new one is much slimmer and fits into my laptop bag without making it to bulky.

The merchants thing isn't confusing at all but I agree I don't see the need to separate so many merchants but it's easy to know which is which. The pictures above their head clearly let you know. Without a doubt the games combat has a lot more depth than elder scrolls and fallout 4 same with the story. I love elder scrolls and fallout but the combat and story have never really been it's strong suite.

Ok, he said it makes Elder Scrolls look like a Fisher Price toy. I thought he meant as an entire package. In combat's case I think anyone would agree with him, but other stuff....for instance, the detail in the worlds of Fallout/TES games wipes the floor with most RPGs.

Last edited:
Ok, you said it makes Elder Scrolls look like a Fisher Price toy. I thought you meant as an entire package. In combat's case I think anyone would agree with you, but other stuff....for instance, the detail in the worlds of Fallout/TES games wipes the floor with most RPGs.

Ah lol no no Elder scrolls and both fallout do several things that shit all over XB2. As far as Combat and Story though XB2 is superior. Then again story is much more subjective so IMO it's superior others might disagree.

Ok, you said it makes Elder Scrolls look like a Fisher Price toy. I thought you meant as an entire package. In combat's case I think anyone would agree with you, but other stuff....for instance, the detail in the worlds of Fallout/TES games wipes the floor with most RPGs.

Yeah when I made the Fisher Price toy comment I was referring to the combat. It has layers upon layers of depth, and the combos you can pull off are wicked.

Each successive Xenoblade game built upon the combat of the previous one adding more depth; as someone that owns and played Xenoblade and X, I don't feel so overwhelmed by 2 so far, seems like a natural progression.

Japan players voted on their top 30 favorite Switch titles so far

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/software/feature/players-ranking.html

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. SteamWorld Dig 2
  4. Overcooked Special Edition
  5. Splatoon 2
  6. REI-JIN-G-LU-P (Only on Japan eShop)
  7. DEEMO
  8. Snipperclips Plus: Cut It Out, Together!
  9. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  11. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
  12. Rocket League
  13. Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together!
  14. Fire Emblem Warriors
  15. Levels+: Addictive Puzzle Game
  16. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
  17. Sonic Mania
  18. Cat Quest
  19. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2
  20. Pokkén Tournament DX
  21. Monster Hunter Double Cross
  22. Mighty Gunvolt Burst
  23. FIFA 18
  24. Human Resource Machine
  25. Blaster Master Zero
  26. Puyo Puyo Tetris
  27. LEGO City Undercover
  28. Disgaea 5
  29. VOEZ
  30. Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story:COMBAT

China gonna china

A Chinese company has made a new mobile game titled Splatoon Party, and its official says the game is based on Splatoon 2, and it’s looking for a global publisher. Another COPY I guess, not even a clone!

Japan players voted on their top 30 favorite Switch titles so far

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/software/feature/players-ranking.html

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. SteamWorld Dig 2
  4. Overcooked Special Edition
  5. Splatoon 2
  6. REI-JIN-G-LU-P (Only on Japan eShop)
  7. DEEMO
  8. Snipperclips Plus: Cut It Out, Together!
  9. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  11. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
  12. Rocket League
  13. Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together!
  14. Fire Emblem Warriors
  15. Levels+: Addictive Puzzle Game
  16. Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
  17. Sonic Mania
  18. Cat Quest
  19. Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2
  20. Pokkén Tournament DX
  21. Monster Hunter Double Cross
  22. Mighty Gunvolt Burst
  23. FIFA 18
  24. Human Resource Machine
  25. Blaster Master Zero
  26. Puyo Puyo Tetris
  27. LEGO City Undercover
  28. Disgaea 5
  29. VOEZ
  30. Brave Dungeon + Dark Witch's Story:COMBAT

Kind of surprised to see Sploon 2 get beaten out to 5th place since that game is HUGE over there in Japan.

Almost hate to say it - but if someone made me pick between my Xbone, PS4 and switch today I'd pick switch. The portability factor is great on this between skyrim and rocket league. Between Skyrim, RL, Zelda and Mario I'm set. If Hotline Miami came out for it that would seal the deal. I foresee great things for the switch's future.

Last edited:
Almost hate to say it - but if someone made me pick between my Xbone, PS4 and switch today I'd pick switch. The portability factor is great on this between skyrim and rocket league. Between Skyrim, RL, Zelda and Mario I'm set. If Hotline Miami came out for it that would seal the deal. I foresee great things for the switch's future.

Wow that would be a tough choice for me. One I honestly wouldn't even want to make because I'd be losing something big either way. Your right though the portability is huge and I'm not sure I can go back to boring work lunches of just sitting and staring into space or browsing the web.

My daughter just discovered the Switch and Zelda through one of her friends. She's been obsessing over it, watching youtube videos. She's dying to play Zelda.

I'm lucky she didn't discover this before Christmas... lol.

Currently we have an Xbox that she plays with her friends online.

Maybe it'll be a future B-day gift.

What carrying case are yall using?
I don't even have one... I'm such a scrub.

I never travel though, so unless I want to play on the crapper the system never leaves its dock.

I spent $5 on Riptide GP Renegade last week...

It was a $5 well spent! Game is a lot of fun!!

Back