NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

I am absolutely LOVING Xenoblade Chronicles 2! The only problem is finding the time to put in long play sessions. Also have to balance playing it and Splatoon 2.

I'm lame, I've had it since launch and I've only logged in an hour. I love JRPG's and really want to dive in, but Nioh has been sucking me in. I just finished the main campaign and opened up the NG+ stuff, so I'll probably give it a break and finally jump over.

Got a $50 eShop gift card and don't know what to get. I don't want Xeno2 or Doom - no interest in those. Was debating LA Noire and Skyrim but I've already finished the former, and the latter I've bought and finished on two different systems already. I've got pretty much every other AAA title on Switch.

Got a $50 eShop gift card and don't know what to get. I don't want Xeno2 or Doom - no interest in those. Was debating LA Noire and Skyrim but I've already finished the former, and the latter I've bought and finished on two different systems already. I've got pretty much every other AAA title on Switch.

disgaea 5 (FF tactics style game)? Project Setsuna? golf story? I hear Mario _rabbids kingdom is a lot of fun too.

apart from that maybe buy a game for another console you already own?

disgaea 5 (FF tactics style game)? Project Setsuna? golf story? I hear Mario _rabbids kingdom is a lot of fun too.

apart from that maybe buy a game for another console you already own?

It's just for the Nintendo eShop. I have and finished M+R and Golf Story. Aside from Persona, JRPGs aren't really my cup of tea, but thanks for the suggestions. I think Axiom Verge will be one of the games I pick.

EDIT: Decided on Axiom Verge, Steamworld Dig 2 and Human: Fall Flat.

Last edited:
Girl got me Mario Kart 8 for Christmas and a couple of neon yellow joy-cons so we could couch co-op together.

I proceeded to beat her ass in every cup. Fuck outta here with your no power drifting ass.

I'm curious how No More Heroes is gonna work - from what I've read there are a dozen indie games and you have to beat each one - both Hotline Miami and Shovel Knight are confirmed. Wondering if they're gonna have 12 full indie games in there or what

just started playing xenobalde 2
hoping the combat mechanics grow on me. im more used to turn based than MMORPG style

It takes a little bit of time to get used to how the combat works but once it clicks it becomes insanely fun. Make sure to take advantage of core crystals and try to get some rare blades, they're a lot stronger than common blades. Also make sure to learn and utilize blade combos and driver combos, they're your key to inflicting crazy amounts of damage to your enemies.

Also make sure to learn and utilize blade combos and driver combos, they're your key to inflicting crazy amounts of damage to your enemies.

Yea in chapter 8/9 I was forced to learn how to use this. Bosses start enraging towards the end and blade combos/chain attacks are pretty much your only option. On the final boss of the game now so should beat this during lunch if everything goes well. I got Mario Odyssey last night so that's what I'll be playing as soon as I beat XBC2.

One thing I did notice at the end here is just how powerful tank characters can be if setup properly. As in you could probably run through this game much easier with two tank characters and a healer. High Agi or Block can be really OP.

Man.......What I woulc do for UFC 3 and Madden to be released on the Switch. I'm loving my Switch and really dig NBA 2k18 and Fifa 18.

Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, and Splatoon 2 still have a polish that the others don't, though.

Human: Fall Flat is hilarious. It's like watching a drunk baby play with blocks. I like that there's no set solution to levels and you can pretty much "break" the game if you want - one of the sections was pretty unforgiving so I spent about 15 minutes climbing a wall to just bypass the whole part. I hope to God they bring the online from the PC version to the Switch version.

I got Xenoblade 2 for Christmas and it has to be one of the deepest RPGs I've ever played, especially when it comes to its battle system. I've logged about 15 hours into it and have read a bunch of online guides, yet I'm still struggling to wrap my head around some of the mechanics. Its depth almost reminds me of an MMORPG. It makes Elder Scrolls or Fallout seem like a Fisher Price toy in comparison.

That being said though, I think I'm enjoying it so far aside from some perplexing design decisions (does there really need to be like 25 different types of merchants?). The battle system is so unique it's hard not to be enthralled with it, and I also like the look of the game as well as the soundtrack.

Can I use my personal hotspot on my phone to connect the switch to play online?

I got Xenoblade 2 for Christmas and it has to be one of the deepest RPGs I've ever played, especially when it comes to its battle system. I've logged about 15 hours into it and have read a bunch of online guides, yet I'm still struggling to wrap my head around some of the mechanics. Its depth almost reminds me of an MMORPG. It makes Elder Scrolls or Fallout seem like a Fisher Price toy in comparison.

That being said though, I think I'm enjoying it so far aside from some perplexing design decisions (does there really need to be like 25 different types of merchants?). The battle system is so unique it's hard not to be enthralled with it, and I also like the look of the game as well as the soundtrack.

Dude...play it for 80-100 hours and compare it to elder scrolls. 15 hours isn't nearly enough to make a claim like that. Average adventure/action games range from 10-15 hours.

Cause I can tell you right now - if there are 25 different kinds of merchants, the game is confusing. Don't confuse that with depth.

What carrying case are yall using?

Back