NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition Pre-Order is up for pre-order at Amazon and GS for those interested.

Decided to preorder the Mario Odyssey Edition.

Finally a good enough lineup of games to justify a purchase.

Decided to preorder the Mario Odyssey Edition.

Finally a good enough lineup of games to justify a purchase.

I’m thinking about it because I travel so much. Is it with buying if you’re going to use it 90% handheld vs 10% on a TV? Is it Bluetooth enabled (Bose QC35s).

Anyone have a suggestion in terms of SD card size? Obviously if I'm getting the Odyssey bundle I'll have to download the game but I plan on buying physical for all major releases. There are quite a few eshop games I'd like as well.

I was thinking 64GB would get me by but I'm not so sure.

Anyone have a suggestion in terms of SD card size? Obviously if I'm getting the Odyssey bundle I'll have to download the game but I plan on buying physical for all major releases. There are quite a few eshop games I'd like as well.

I think 64 will do you for quite a while.

I've got a 64 gig card and I've got

ARMS
Splatoon 2
Zelda
Golf Story
Stardew Valley
Flame In The Flood
Mr. Shifty
MK8
Binding of Isaac
NBA Playgrounds
Sonic Mania
Mario + Rabbids

and only Splatoon and Zelda are physical - I believe I still have about a bit less than half the memory card filled.

I think 64 will do you for quite a while.

I've got a 64 gig card and I've got

ARMS
Splatoon 2
Zelda
Golf Story
Stardew Valley
Flame In The Flood
Mr. Shifty
MK8
Binding of Isaac
NBA Playgrounds
Sonic Mania
Mario + Rabbids

and only Splatoon and Zelda are physical - I believe I still have about a bit less than half the memory card filled.
Wow, sounds like that's more than enough.

Good timing too, Amazon is having a Sandisk sale today.

Appreciate the input.

Went over my buddy and we connected our switches (3) and played 4-player Mario kart!.. I was a lot of fun. :)

This game looks right up my ally. I don't spend a ton of time on these indie games, but I love these action RPG's.

I'm still super butt hurt that the Secret of Mana remaster isn't coming to the Switch. Now I have to choose if I want portability on the Vita or couch co-op with the kid on the PS4. A Switch release would kill solve this problem.

The Odyssey bundle doesn't come with a physical copy of the game?? You get a download code? That's ridiculous.

Wow, sounds like that's more than enough.

Good timing too, Amazon is having a Sandisk sale today.

Appreciate the input.

You could buy two 64gb cards too... just saying. Usually 2 cards at 64gb is cheaper than 1 128gb card. Not always true, but something to check into.

The Odyssey bundle doesn't come with a physical copy of the game?? You get a download code? That's ridiculous.
Yeah, a lot of bundles don't come with a physical copy.

You could buy two 64gb cards too... just saying. Usually 2 cards at 64gb is cheaper than 1 128gb card. Not always true, but something to check into.
I'd probably do that down the road. I'll mostly just need it for the eshop titles.

Saw this trailer today and can tell it's a day 1 buy for me. Looks like a great action RPG that'll fill the top down Zelda void.

Not sure if serious. Just about every console bundle comes with a digital copy of the game already installed or with a code.

Saw this trailer today and can tell it's a day 1 buy for me. Looks like a great action RPG that'll fill the top down Zelda void.

Not sure if serious. Just about every console bundle comes with a digital copy of the game already installed or with a code.

That's what I though but my PS4 pro destiny 2 bundle was a physical copy. I actually wanted the digital version but oh well..

I travel a lot for work an am thinking about picking one up (Mario Odyssey). I have a PC & PS4 Pro but would mainly use this as a traveling handheld. Is it worth it just for that? Are there free games similar to the PS+? If so, it’ll be a Black Friday purchase for me. Christmas present to myself.

I've bought a switch "bundle" with Zelda for $360 2 weeks ago. I guess it was a store made bundle where they wanted to sell a game with every switch purchase. Either way, I got a physical copy of Zelda which is nice because of the lack of hd space on the switch.

I travel a lot for work an am thinking about picking one up (Mario Odyssey). I have a PC & PS4 Pro but would mainly use this as a traveling handheld. Is it worth it just for that? Are there free games similar to the PS+? If so, it’ll be a Black Friday purchase for me. Christmas present to myself.

For me, I am either travelling or out of the house most of the day, so it's totally worth it for me just for that. I have already put more hours into my switch than my PS4 and XB1 combined since I can now play in 5 to 10 minute increments during breaks or down time.

No free games like PS+.

For me, I am either travelling or out of the house most of the day, so it's totally worth it for me just for that. I have already put more hours into my switch than my PS4 and XB1 combined since I can now play in 5 to 10 minute increments during breaks or down time.

No free games like PS+.

It seems like it’s really great for plane rides and I’ve got the Bose QC35’s so that’s an extra plus. Switch + Mario + Zelda + Screen Shield is on Amazon for $440. But I’m guessing Black Friday will be the best day.

Back