NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Golf Story is awesome. The writing is funny, the actual golfing is decent - it can be a bit buggy but overall an excellent Indie title.

OK, so is this console worth getting? And if I were to trade or sell my XB1, and got the Switch, would it be a good idea, and enough as my sole console, or not enough to replace my XB1?

Also, how's it looking on the game front? A lot of games coming out relatively soon, and are they getting enough third party support to last through he life cycle of this console?

Basically, is the Switch > XB1, or better suited as a complimentary console?

Switch games look surprisingly good when you think about how small the tablet is. It doesn't have the power of the other consoles but what they can pull off is pretty amazing. Doom is getting ready to drop and the videos look really impressive considering it's on the Switch.

Switch has some great games out now and more on the way, but I wouldn't trade in an XB1 for a Switch to use as my primary console. I think the Switch is a fantastic secondary console to compliment either a PS4/XB1/PC. I love my Switch, but I also love my PS4 and can't see myself going Switch only, at least not any time soon.

Nintendo lost a lot of 3rd party support over the last 2 gens, so they have some catch up to do. It's a big step in the right direction getting Bethesda on board, but they have a long way to go. While Nintendo has some work to do with 3rd party support, nobody can touch them on the 1st party front. Zelda is amazing, the new Mario drops next month looks dope, Pokemon(if you're in to that) is going to move a massive amount of consoles, Metroid is coming down the pipe, Xenoblade is looking to be a great addition to the RPG catalog, and Splatoon 2 has great reviews with a fun twist on competitive shooters.

Switch games look surprisingly good when you think about how small the tablet is. It doesn't have the power of the other consoles but what they can pull off is pretty amazing. Doom is getting ready to drop and the videos look really impressive considering it's on the Switch.

Switch has some great games out now and more on the way, but I wouldn't trade in an XB1 for a Switch to use as my primary console. I think the Switch is a fantastic secondary console to compliment either a PS4/XB1/PC. I love my Switch, but I also love my PS4 and can't see myself going Switch only, at least not any time soon.

Nintendo lost a lot of 3rd party support over the last 2 gens, so they have some catch up to do. It's a big step in the right direction getting Bethesda on board, but they have a long way to go. While Nintendo has some work to do with 3rd party support, nobody can touch them on the 1st party front. Zelda is amazing, the new Mario drops next month looks dope, Pokemon(if you're in to that) is going to move a massive amount of consoles, Metroid is coming down the pipe, Xenoblade is looking to be a great addition to the RPG catalog, and Splatoon 2 has great reviews with a fun twist on competitive shooters.

Awseome, and in depth. Just what I needed. And thanks for the honesty. Think I'm gonna get a switch in the futures just not yet. I was mainly hyped about the movie gaming, and how you can play soemthing like 2k17 on that tablet type pad. Would be pretty cool. And I was really interested in, I'm drawing a complete blank, but it's an RPG with a females and she has swords, and 2 guns. It's really popular.

I'm sure you know exactly what game I'm talking about. But yeah, will definitely keep the switch in mind for a future purchase, but love the XB1 too much to invest in a switch at this time.

And yeah, 2k18 looks amazing on switch. Damn near the same level of graphics as the xb1/PS4. Was watching a video of switch gameplay on the mobile device with 2k18, and really made me want a switch.

Awseome, and in depth. Just what I needed. And thanks for the honesty. Think I'm gonna get a switch in the futures just not yet. I was mainly hyped about the movie gaming, and how you can play soemthing like 2k17 on that tablet type pad. Would be pretty cool. And I was really interested in, I'm drawing a complete blank, but it's an RPG with a females and she has swords, and 2 guns. It's really popular.

I'm sure you know exactly what game I'm talking about. But yeah, will definitely keep the switch in mind for a future purchase, but love the XB1 too much to invest in a switch at this time.

And yeah, 2k18 looks amazing on switch. Damn near the same level of graphics as the xb1/PS4. Was watching a video of switch gameplay on the mobile device with 2k18, and really made me want a switch.

You talking about Beyonetta? It's been teased by Platinum games along with Wonderful 101 to hit the Switch, but nothing confirmed yet.

Yeah man, if you love your XB1, you'll be really dissapointed if you sold it and ran with only a Swich. Especially if you enjoy online gaming and chatting. The online experience for the Wii and Wii U was dissapointing to say the least and the online chat requirements for the Switch linking to your cell phone looks super cumbersome.

If it's a cash issue where you need to sell one to buy the other, just hold off and save up a little every payday until you can pick one up. This way you can have the best of both worlds and not have to give up anything you love. Plus, that will give the Switch some time to launch more games and get their Virtual Library up and running. The Switch has some great games out right now and lots of inides, but it still missing strong games in each genre to consider their library robust enough to scratch every itch.

You talking about Beyonetta? It's been teased by Platinum games along with Wonderful 101 to hit the Switch, but nothing confirmed yet.

Yeah man, if you love your XB1, you'll be really dissapointed if you sold it and ran with only a Swich. Especially if you enjoy online gaming and chatting. The online experience for the Wii and Wii U was dissapointing to say the least and the online chat requirements for the Switch linking to your cell phone looks super cumbersome.

If it's a cash issue where you need to sell one to buy the other, just hold off and save up a little every payday until you can pick one up. This way you can have the best of both worlds and not have to give up anything you love. Plus, that will give the Switch some time to launch more games and get their Virtual Library up and running. The Switch has some great games out right now and lots of inides, but it still missing strong games in each genre to consider their library robust enough to scratch every itch.

Yep, Beyonetta. And it's not a problem of not being able to afford both, I just don't want to invest time into one console's online, then buy another sub for another console, and wouldn't have the time for both, and would just feel overwhelmed. Just like to keep it simple.

But you're absolutely right, that if I just wait, the library will be a bit built up, and I can make a better decision by then, or might just take the dive, and just buy it, and give my Xbox to my sister's kid, or something. I think in the end, I'll end up just sticking with the xb1. What new multi plat games are can't miss that's coming out soon?

Just scored Fate Excella and Rabbids both used for $100 and got Horizon Zero Dawn as a freebie. I also found the Bayonetta and Pikmin amiibo there so picked those up as well.

Based on the trailer

Doom PS4 vs Switch

es4ykhgovtlz.jpg
That a portable console like the Switch can do graphics that are that comparable to a console 10x it's size and weight is incredible.
Nice tip. This should be the default mode when playing the game.
Played with the HUD first go around, but off for Master Mode. JESUS is Master Mode fucking HARD!

Also, to add to some previous posts about Hollow Knight...Buy it. Like the instant It's on the E-shop you NEED to buy that game. Words cannot describe the awesome.

Yep, Beyonetta. And it's not a problem of not being able to afford both, I just don't want to invest time into one console's online, then buy another sub for another console, and wouldn't have the time for both, and would just feel overwhelmed. Just like to keep it simple.

But you're absolutely right, that if I just wait, the library will be a bit built up, and I can make a better decision by then, or might just take the dive, and just buy it, and give my Xbox to my sister's kid, or something. I think in the end, I'll end up just sticking with the xb1. What new multi plat games are can't miss that's coming out soon?

If you're main concern is having too much to do online and spreading out to thin, I would say pick one up sooner than later, depending on supply it could be a bit. Nintendo's charm comes from its single player and couch co-op experience. I wasn't planning on getting a sub for the Nintendo online since I already pay for PS+ and Xbox Live, but it's only going to be $20 a year which is essentially nothing if you're a gamer. I haven't read up on it in a while, but I think the sub will grant access to free Nintendo Classics which will be NES games. Might not be a huge deal to some, but I have a lot of fond memories as a kid playing my NES so I'm pumped for that.

If you're main concern is having too much to do online and spreading out to thin, I would say pick one up sooner than later, depending on supply it could be a bit. Nintendo's charm comes from its single player and couch co-op experience. I wasn't planning on getting a sub for the Nintendo online since I already pay for PS+ and Xbox Live, but it's only going to be $20 a year which is essentially nothing if you're a gamer. I haven't read up on it in a while, but I think the sub will grant access to free Nintendo Classics which will be NES games. Might not be a huge deal to some, but I have a lot of fond memories as a kid playing my NES so I'm pumped for that.

I just watched some Doom game play on my FB wall feed, and my god, playing Doom with those quality graphics on a tablet size screen, WITH an actual analog stick, and physical buttons, unlike the touchscreen buttons on a normal tablet, or phone, made me want to get a Switch, tonight lol.

I thought 2K on a portable device with similar graphics to the next gen consoles was awesome, til I saw DOOM on that thing, and I'm honestly 50/50 on getting it tomorrow. In all honesty, the main selling point to me regarding the Switch is the ability to play next gen quality games on a portable device, just laying back on the couch, or on the bed, before I go to sleep, or something. I was hesitant at first, just because I didn't know whether the graphics would truly be up to standard, but I honestly could barely tell the difference between the Switch, and the other next gen versions of games like 2K, and DOOM.

What are some triple A titles that are coming to the Switch this year, or next, and also are mostly all the multi plats also coming to the Switch?

I just watched some Doom game play on my FB wall feed, and my god, playing Doom with those quality graphics on a tablet size screen, WITH an actual analog stick, and physical buttons, unlike the touchscreen buttons on a normal tablet, or phone, made me want to get a Switch, tonight lol.

I thought 2K on a portable device with similar graphics to the next gen consoles was awesome, til I saw DOOM on that thing, and I'm honestly 50/50 on getting it tomorrow. In all honesty, the main selling point to me regarding the Switch is the ability to play next gen quality games on a portable device, just laying back on the couch, or on the bed, before I go to sleep, or something. I was hesitant at first, just because I didn't know whether the graphics would truly be up to standard, but I honestly could barely tell the difference between the Switch, and the other next gen versions of games like 2K, and DOOM.

What are some triple A titles that are coming to the Switch this year, or next, and also are mostly all the multi plats also coming to the Switch?
Doom obviously, Wolfenstein, FIFA, NBA, Mario Odeyssey, Xenoblade 2, LA Noir, Skyrim Remaster, and something by From Software(Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Armored Core) was mentioned/teased/brought, but nothing concrete has materialized as of yet, but it's speculated that it might be a Dark Souls series port.

I’m wondering how LA Noire, Rocket League etc are gonna work with driving since the triggers aren’t analog.

I’m wondering how LA Noire, Rocket League etc are gonna work with driving since the triggers aren’t analog.

That's a really good question and that's another game I forgot to list. There are several more indies coming along that are awesome like Stardew Valley and Hollow Knight(seriously, you people need this game in your lives).

Last edited:
Doom obviously, Wolfenstein, FIFA, NBA, Mario Odeyssey, Xenoblade 2, LA Noir, Skyrim Remaster, and something by From Software(Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Armored Core) was mentioned/teased/brought, but nothing concrete has materialized as of yet, but it's speculated that it might be a Dark Souls series port.

Mario looks so amazing, from what I've seen. It's like when Mario came out for the N64, but on steroids. Id Switch had Diablo 3, I'd literally buy it tomorrow morning lol.

Mario looks so amazing, from what I've seen. It's like when Mario came out for the N64, but on steroids. Id Switch had Diablo 3, I'd literally buy it tomorrow morning lol.

If they were to announce that LoL, Path of Exile, or any other game in that vein, they'd automatically win this console generation. Hell man, the idea of portable GTA5 already has people really fucking interested.

If they were to announce that LoL, Path of Exile, or any other game in that vein, they'd automatically win this console generation. Hell man, the idea of portable GTA5 already has people really fucking interested.

Yeah, the main reason why I'm interested in getting it is for the hand held ability. OMG NBA 2k, or diablo, and GTA 5 on a hand held would be so sick.

Just watching DOOM on the handheld makes me want to get it asap.

It's starting... Arena of Valor is huge in China, more than 80 million daily players just in China. It's being made by Tencent, which owns Riot Games (maker of LoL), so it will be good

FInished golf story 100% as far as I can tell. 17 hours and 45 minutes. For $15 it’s a steal and alongside Zelda and Hellblade in my top 3 this year

Rarely do I finish a game wanting DLC

Last edited:

Shit son, I’m 38 and that was me coming home with that system on launch night. It’s so fucking good

I wouldn’t replace my PS4 or Xbone with it yet but when TeTe is over playing my Xbone I get on the Switch. So convenient. My brother hops on it when his wife is watching TV as well. It’s a great system.

Where’s that bitch ass Henry Venda who was talking shit about switch at launch. Oh yeah, he got banned

It's starting... Arena of Valor is huge in China, more than 80 million daily players just in China. It's being made by Tencent, which owns Riot Games (maker of LoL), so it will be good

Comment from that video,

For those people that don't know yet, Tencent (the company behind Arena Of Valor) bought Riot Games, they got licenses of DC & Marvel (Thus there are already a few heroes of those universes in it), they recently made a poll asking the fans which heroes from which series they should plan to release in the future (just to name a few: OnePiece, DragonBall, Naruto, StarWars, LordOfTheRings, YuGiOh, GameOfThrones etc just to name a few...) and their game got music by Hans Zimmer. Tencent it planning to turn this thing into the next biggest MOBA there is and they can back it up in any aspect as well. So the future will look bright with this game.

That's this generations N64 surprise.

Back