NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v2: Nintendo's Big Comeback Starter Pack

I'm sorry. These games look like shit to me. Yay. More "retro" graphic style games.

Blaster master was my shit back in the day. There's another buy.

I'm sorry. These games look like shit to me. Yay. More "retro" graphic style games.

Not sure why this upsets u. More indie and oldie games. More choices and that's always good. These games are perfect for on the go playing...

Digital Foundry's review

6876879clkqg.jpg

6tui76877ras3s.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-nintendo-switch-review

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...y-cons-tested-are-there-really-de-sync-issues

I'm contemplating getting this system sometime down the road when there's more games, bundles, price drops, etc. I had a soft modded Wii and skipped the Wii U, interested in getting my Nintendo fix back possibly with the Switch.

This excerpt from Kotaku's system review has me highly worried and is a deal breaker if it's a long term issue...

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-the-kotaku-review-1792776350
"Breath of the Wild looks and performs noticeably worse when plugged into the dock than it does in handheld mode, a potentially worrying indicator of how the Switch’s graphics processing hardware will hold up over time. When I play on the TV, I notice frequent dips below the game’s 30fps frame rate, sometimes to the point that it’s genuinely distracting and makes it harder to play. Any time I’m running in tree-shade on a sunny day in Hyrule, zooming in for a closer view, or moving quickly through the rain, it feels like things drop into at least the 20-25fps zone.

If I pop the console out of the dock and start playing in tablet mode, everything immediately runs more smoothly. The frame rate is solid in the same places (with a few exceptions), and the overall image is crisper. The disparity is likely because the Switch runs at 720p resolution in handheld mode and bumps up to a more demanding higher resolution (1080p in general, 900p in the case of Zelda) when plugged into the TV"

So what I got from this is the console runs flawless when used just as a handheld, when you dock it to your tv as a conventional home console (which I would be using 99% of the time) it runs like shit. People buying this system day one just to play Zelda on their tv seem to be in for a rude awakening on the several hundred dollars they just spent.

I'm contemplating getting this system sometime down the road when there's more games, bundles, price drops, etc. I had a soft modded Wii and skipped the Wii U, interested in getting my Nintendo fix back possibly with the Switch.

This excerpt from Kotaku's system review has me highly worried and is a deal breaker if it's a long term issue...

"Breath of the Wild looks and performs noticeably worse when plugged into the dock than it does in handheld mode, a potentially worrying indicator of how the Switch’s graphics processing hardware will hold up over time. When I play on the TV, I notice frequent dips below the game’s 30fps frame rate, sometimes to the point that it’s genuinely distracting and makes it harder to play. Any time I’m running in tree-shade on a sunny day in Hyrule, zooming in for a closer view, or moving quickly through the rain, it feels like things drop into at least the 20-25fps zone.

If I pop the console out of the dock and start playing in tablet mode, everything immediately runs more smoothly. The frame rate is solid in the same places (with a few exceptions), and the overall image is crisper. The disparity is likely because the Switch runs at 720p resolution in handheld mode and bumps up to a more demanding higher resolution (1080p in general, 900p in the case of Zelda) when plugged into the TV"

So what I got from this is the console runs flawless when used just as a handheld, when you dock it to your tv as a conventional home console (which I would be using 99% of the time) it runs like shit. People buying this system day one just to play Zelda on their tv seem to be in for a rude awakening on the several hundred dollars they just spent.

lol Kotaku.....i read that an stopped

... People buying this system day one just to play Zelda on their tv seem to be in for a rude awakening on the several hundred dollars they just spent.

Based on the reviews so far, I doubt it.

I kinda feel meh about switch at this point. I think I'll wait and see what the general consensus is after a few months.

I have seen a bunch of reviews mention the frame rate issue when docked. Those same reviews still gave Zelda 9's, 9.5's, and 10's. So I wonder how big of an issue it is. And we don't know if it happens with other games so it might just be a Zelda problem. Worth keeping an eye on it but could just be something simply needing a patch.

I have seen a bunch of reviews mention the frame rate issue when docked. Those same reviews still gave Zelda 9's, 9.5's, and 10's. So I wonder how big of an issue it is. And we don't know if it happens with other games so it might just be a Zelda problem. Worth keeping an eye on it but could just be something simply needing a patch.

That's the problem though, just as you said. We DON'T KNOW if it's just Zelda or a docked mode issue completely. Not a risk i'm willing to take for launch. First, the joycons de-sync randomly, and then performance issues on docked mode. I'll wait and see for a bit.

That's the problem though, just as you said. We DON'T KNOW if it's just Zelda or a docked mode issue completely. Not a risk i'm willing to take for launch. First, the joycons de-sync randomly, and then performance issues on docked mode. I'll wait and see for a bit.

And tbf we don't know if this is a wide spread problem. Of all the Zelda reviews I watched/read, only a handful mention it. The Easy Allies review I posted in the Zelda thread mentions it and shows an example of it.

Stuff like this is why I've never been an early adopter when it comes to new consoles. But early adopters know the score and risk involved.

shitty gimmick system with shitty games. no thanks

zelda is the only good game and they managed to make link look like a 12 year old girl.

nintendo should be ashamed of themselves & just quit making consoles at this point. stick with the mobile market, they are much better at it.

Still possible to get this on March 3rd? I slept on this one...

Back