NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v2: Nintendo's Big Comeback Starter Pack

My arms are sore from playing ARMS lol...my fitness tracker said I met my light exercise requirement after playing for 3 hours.

Has anyone downloaded the new 3.0 firmware yet? I heard about it last night, but didn't get a chance to turn on the Switch. Even though I wanted to play a few rounds of Arms so bad lol.

Has anyone downloaded the new 3.0 firmware yet? I heard about it last night, but didn't get a chance to turn on the Switch. Even though I wanted to play a few rounds of Arms so bad lol.

I downloaded it last night and it fixed an issue I started getting over the weekend. I'm glad because I thought I was going to have to send in my Switch.

Basically every time I tried to launch BotW in tablet mode I would get the message "Failed to start software due to an error", or something along those lines. I think what was happening is that it wouldn't let me grab the BotW updates since it was only on the card and not with Arms.

Once I updated to 3.0, I was able to update my BotW card and everything seems to be running fine now. Looking around the internet, it seems to be isolated issue that only affected a few people and I was one of the lucky ones. All good now though.

Yes and it finally fixed the issue the Switch had with automatically changing inputs on some TVs. It always did it to mine when in sleep mode while docked until this update.

Yes and it finally fixed the issue the Switch had with automatically changing inputs on some TVs. It always did it to mine when in sleep mode while docked until this update.

Had this issue a few times and will dock my Switch and run the update ASAP.

Had this issue a few times and will dock my Switch and run the update ASAP.

It's great, I can finally charge my Switch with the dock while I play my PS4 or watch TV and not have to worry about it switching inputs on me anymore. For a while now I only charged my Switch with an AC charger.

Oceanhorn comes out today. Going to pick it up and save it for a trip me and the wife are taking in a few weeks. Been wanting to play it for some time now and was hoping it would come to the Vita. Hitting the Switch is even better, looking forward to playing this Zelda clone.

Also, Battle Chasers looks dope. As an RPG guy, really looking forward to more games to dive into.

Last edited:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...switch-earlier-than-we-expected/#5f6149d62784

Speaking with GamesBeat, Nintendo of America's corporate communication director, Charlie Scibetta, let slip that both the new Metroid and new Pokémon for the Nintendo Switch may be coming as early as 2018.

Here's the exchange:

GamesBeat: For the rest of the year, what’s the big message? Obviously Mario, but is there anything else?

Charlie Scibetta: Games. If you want to be able to play games and not have a dry spell between any of the big launches, we think Nintendo Switch is a good place to be. We have a nice drumbeat of first and third party. You’ll never have to wait long.

Just as you get through a game and you’re starting to put your head up, put the periscope out to see what else is out there, hopefully we’ll have something right there for you. We’ve announced a nice lineup through this year, and next year we have some big games coming with Metroid 4. 2018 will be around Metroid, Kirby, Yoshi, new Pokemon game has been announced. We feel good about the lineup for this year and beyond. [Emphasis added.]

--------------------------

Maybe... maybe.... Just maybe.. They actually started making Metroid 2-3 years ago in complete secrecy and they'll be ready for a 2018 launch!!???

probably not but there is hope!

Don't feel too bad man, basically they said they weren't trying to pressure to developers to release in 2018. It could still happen, just not guaranteed.

All I know is Pokemon for the Switch will be incredible. Hoping they take their time and do it right coughbringbackpokemonfollowingyoucough

Don't feel too bad man, basically they said they weren't trying to pressure to developers to release in 2018. It could still happen, just not guaranteed.

All I know is Pokemon for the Switch will be incredible. Hoping they take their time and do it right coughbringbackpokemonfollowingyoucough

With these new initiatives to get their franchises more into the spotlight...would it be too much to ask, for a Pokemon Special\Adventures anime? It won an Inkpot Award at Comic-Con dammit!

I'm feaning for Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster release on the Switch. It'll get us primed (bad pun) for the new Metroid game.

In other news, when the FUCK is the update for NBA Playgrounds coming out? They say next week every single week and it never gets released. I love the game, but I want to play online, and I was hoping the reolution issue on handheld mode could be improved. It looks a bit blurry.

Got my copy of Cave Story+ from Amazon last night. Looking forward to starting it tonight. If anyone is interested in the game I HIGHLY recommend going for a physical copy. The physical comes with an audio CD and a very cool little handbook/instruction manual with a bunch of awesome artwork.

Just got a switch yesterday

Only have Zelda right now but I'll probably pick up splatoon 2 when it comes out

My name online is MrPPV

Add me if you want

Back