NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v2: Nintendo's Big Comeback Starter Pack

So this thing isn't as hard to get as expected in my area. I went to Gamestop and Best Buy near my area yesterday and they had the Switch in stock at both stores. It was at about 4:00 pm too.

Is this a bad sign?

Last few reports I read said the Switch sold 1.5 mil in its first week which is pretty amazing. I believe the Wii sold 2.5 mil in its first month, and it came out in November during the holiday season.

Out of curiosity have any of you experienced the left joy con disconnect issue?

I've been more or less playing exclusively with them and haven't had any problems at all. I have two pairs and rotate between them. Generally sitting or standing 8-10 feet from TV. Pair of iPhones, iPad are within arms reach usually. The one annoyance I find is that it's a bit more difficult to unhook the joycons from the extension (piece that makes it thicker).

Out of curiosity have any of you experienced the left joy con disconnect issue?

I've been more or less playing exclusively with them and haven't had any problems at all. I have two pairs and rotate between them. Generally sitting or standing 8-10 feet from TV. Pair of iPhones, iPad are within arms reach usually. The one annoyance I find is that it's a bit more difficult to unhook the joycons from the extension (piece that makes it thicker).

I play mainly with the pro controller but anytime I do use the joy cons I haven't had a single issue.

Cool tidbit, I charged my pro controller when I got it and used it for over a week before it gave me the low battery signal. That 80 hour battery life wasn't a lie. It's now one of my all time favorite controllers.

Are you guys enjoying handheld mode more, or docked mode? Which looks better and is smoother also?

Are you guys enjoying handheld mode more, or docked mode? Which looks better and is smoother also?

I prefer TV mode for this, though Tablet mode is still pretty great. I find detaching the Joycons to be a lot more comfortable.

The problem for me in tablet mode is that they streamlined it so much that the grips don't feel very natural, but it's understandable for what they were going for since it looks really nice.

I fell the Wii U Gamepad is a lot more comfortable to hold since it has a lot more contour to fit your hand, but it's clunky as hell. Not saying Tablet mode is uncomfortable, it just doesn't feel as good.

The Joycons attached to the grip feels a lot more natural. My TV isn't the newest, but I feel like the game does look better in tablet mode than in TV mode. Both look good playing Zelda, but the game just looks great on the Tablet.

Played a lot in TV and Tablet mode and it's really impressive to switch on the fly and not feel like I'm missing out anywhere.

I've spent a lot of time with the Wii U in off screen play, and the PS Vita remote play from the PS4 and they each have some draw back where I feel like I'm missing out on the experience. Wii U I'm bound by distance but plays great if your close, PS Vita remote play isn't bound by distance but you need a network to play over, your missing buttons, and the analogs feel tiny and unresponsive compared to playing the same game on the PS4.

In terms of tablet accessibility for me it goes.

Switch >>>>> Wii U Gamepad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vita Remote Play.

tv is the preferred method because I am on the couch and relaxed with the joycons. its great in portable mode as well but i am old so there are sitting positions i find irritatingly tiresome when playing with a handheld.

i have no issues with the graphics of the game (zelda) on tv. its a Nintendo flagship game and it shows. it does look better (and plays smoother) on handheld mode but i haven't had any real issues or complaints with Zelda on my tv. I'd like to see what other games look like though before i can pass complete judgment but ive never been one to be impressed with just graphics anyway. that's what my PC is for...lol

On my 4k TV, it's looks incredibly nice. The tablet screen is of course excellent but the games are simply better on the bigger screen and really, at least with Zelda, it loses nothing in translation.

I prefer TV mode for this, though Tablet mode is still pretty great. I find detaching the Joycons to be a lot more comfortable.

The problem for me in tablet mode is that they streamlined it so much that the grips don't feel very natural, but it's understandable for what they were going for since it looks really nice.

I fell the Wii U Gamepad is a lot more comfortable to hold since it has a lot more contour to fit your hand, but it's clunky as hell. Not saying Tablet mode is uncomfortable, it just doesn't feel as good.

The Joycons attached to the grip feels a lot more natural. My TV isn't the newest, but I feel like the game does look better in tablet mode than in TV mode. Both look good playing Zelda, but the game just looks great on the Tablet.

Played a lot in TV and Tablet mode and it's really impressive to switch on the fly and not feel like I'm missing out anywhere.

I've spent a lot of time with the Wii U in off screen play, and the PS Vita remote play from the PS4 and they each have some draw back where I feel like I'm missing out on the experience. Wii U I'm bound by distance but plays great if your close, PS Vita remote play isn't bound by distance but you need a network to play over, your missing buttons, and the analogs feel tiny and unresponsive compared to playing the same game on the PS4.

In terms of tablet accessibility for me it goes.

Switch >>>>> Wii U Gamepad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vita Remote Play.

I've read that in portable mode the right joycon feels very unnatural and awkward. The placing of the analog was not a good choice. Anyone here have thoughts on other games besides BOTW? Fast RMX Racing? Bomberman? I'm not even gonna ask about 1-2 Switch because I won't pay $50 for a tech demo that should have been a pack in game.

I've read that in portable mode the right joycon feels very unnatural and awkward. The placing of the analog was not a good choice. Anyone here have thoughts on other games besides BOTW? Fast RMX Racing? Bomberman? I'm not even gonna ask about 1-2 Switch because I won't pay $50 for a tech demo that should have been a pack in game.

I actually don't have any problems with the right Joycon, my grip comes from tablet mode as a whole due to the streamlined grip. I feel like I need to use my index finger to help support the back of the unit, so when I need to use my index fingers to hit the triggers I feel like it's going to slip out of my hands, so I have to slide my pinkies under the tablet to help support the weight.

Specifically for Zelda it's not a huge problem since you don't rely heavily on the triggers. They have key functions, but you don't need to use them for long periods of time. The only time I run into it is when I'm doing a lot of sniping, and even then I just adjust my grip as needed.

For other games that would rely heavily on the triggers, I would personally use TV as much as possible.

Last few reports I read said the Switch sold 1.5 mil in its first week which is pretty amazing. I believe the Wii sold 2.5 mil in its first month, and it came out in November during the holiday season.
A lot of people bought hatchimals too, doesn't mean it's a great product.

So far the 2 best games on the Switch are on the last gen WiiU.

And before you say it's mega popular, I work in the city and haven't seen a single person using one, even on public transport. I think they'll be at home collecting dust once the novelty wears off.

A lot of people bought hatchimals too, doesn't mean it's a great product.

So far the 2 best games on the Switch are on the last gen WiiU.

And before you say it's mega popular, I work in the city and haven't seen a single person using one, even on public transport. I think they'll be at home collecting dust once the novelty wears off.

Nobody's forcing you to buy one, so I don't know why you keep going out of your way to try and trash Nintendo and the Switch.

The Last of Us is one of the best games this past decade, and it also came out on PS3. Doesn't mean that it doesn't run, play and look better on the PS4. There are also a bunch of upcoming new Switch exclusive games as well as multi platform ones. The thing's only been out for 2 weeks.

Nobody's forcing you to buy one, so I don't know why you keep going out of your way to try and trash Nintendo and the Switch.

The Last of Us is one of the best games this past decade, and it also came out on PS3. Doesn't mean that it doesn't run, play and look better on the PS4. There are also a bunch of upcoming new Switch exclusive games as well as multi platform ones. The thing's only been out for 2 weeks.
LOL

The last of us came out on ps3. It was so popular they made a ps4 version.

Quit trying to make it look like it was a ps4 game that runs fine on an old system like Zelda on the WiiU despite Zelda being the biggest title of the newest gen hardware.

I swear the mental gymnastics Nintendo guys go to.

LOL

The last of us came out on ps3. It was so popular they made a ps4 version.

Quit trying to make it look like it was a ps4 game that runs fine on an old system like Zelda on the WiiU despite Zelda being the biggest title of the newest gen hardware.

I swear the mental gymnastics Nintendo guys go to.

Breath of the Wild was originally a WiiU game that was completely rechanged and altered to be a Switch game as well. What the hell does it matter if it came out for both systems if it looks great and runs well on both?

Like I said nobody is forcing you to buy Nintendo's product so why do you always come into Nintendo based threads just to annoy people? I don't get why you get so butthurt at them having success.

Looks like there will be a way to use Wii style motion controls

Nice! Glad to see that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will be out in 2017. I must say that I am getting tired of all of these Dynasty Warriors reskins into other games. They're fun for me for a day, but my attention on these tanks pretty fast.

Back