NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v2: Nintendo's Big Comeback Starter Pack

So GameStop now saying you can pre order again for mid April...If that is true, Nintendo really shit the bed on this one.

There are a million assholes on Amazon and eBay with multiple systems selling them for 150 bucks over retail because Nintendo blew it on production.
Perhaps, but in golf, this is what is known as a "good miss", or missing it "Pro Side".

I am certain Nintendo is displeased with underestimating launch demand...but not that displeased.

At the end of March (the 26th-28th I believe) there will be a Splatoon 2 global testfire. I highly recommend everyone to try it out. There will be 6 different one hour windows where you can play matches against people to try the game out. The original Splatoon was one of the best multiplayer experiences to come out in a very long time and this sequel looks to have improved on almost everything from the first game.

Do you know if there are plans for Konami, Blizzard, From, to join the dev team? Because the only exclusive series I like in the XBONE is Forza and I can live without it. I mainly play third parties, and if they will be on the Switch I will can the One in "one" second.

If they have Diablo, Assassins Creed, and some JRPG I'm sold.

I wouldn't expect to see games like that on the switch tbh. It just released and isn't getting any of the major 3rd party games this month (Ghost Recon, Mass Effect) and it didn't launch with any ports either (Wiiu had Madden, Cod, Batman, AC ports at least)

Switch IMO will only be for the first part games, maybe a 3rd party here or there, and indie games.

What are some of the confirmed games coming out for it? Tempted to get one for Zelda, anything else good coming out besides i'm assuming a Mario and Mario Kart?

hmmm does this mean the next South Park game is coming?

So this thing isn't as hard to get as expected in my area. I went to Gamestop and Best Buy near my area yesterday and they had the Switch in stock at both stores. It was at about 4:00 pm too.

Is this a bad sign?

So this thing isn't as hard to get as expected in my area. I went to Gamestop and Best Buy near my area yesterday and they had the Switch in stock at both stores. It was at about 4:00 pm too.

Is this a bad sign?

It's a sign telling u to buy a few and sell them online for a little extra. Lowest markup for a new switch is an extra 150 bucks. Put those bad boys on eBay and make a quick small profit...

It's a sign telling u to buy a few and sell them online for a little extra. Lowest markup for a new switch is an extra 150 bucks. Put those bad boys on eBay and make a quick small profit...

Nah, i'm not into scalping, especially if i'm not into buying one for myself right now. Not a bad idea though. Hmmmm.

Is this a bad sign?

Yea a few Walmarts in my area have them. Mainly the ones in the hood so I'm not sure I'd make it to my car with it.

Is this a bad sign?

Things are looking good so far, but only time will tell.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...portedly-sells-15-million-units-in-first-week

The Nintendo Switch has reportedly had a strong start to its life, selling around 1.5 million units in its first week.

According to GamesIndustry.biz, SuperData used figures provided by Famitsu and GfK to come to first week sales totals for the main console regions. These estimates are for sell-through of consoles to customers, rather than just to retailers.

Half a million Switch consoles were sold in the US, while 360,000 were sold in Japan. Europe "isn't far behind" - the UK had 85,000 units sold, and France had a little more with 110,000. We're now in the second week of the Switch's life, so these numbers will no doubt be bigger now.

Nintendo announced last week that sales in Europe, Japan, and the Americas during the first 48 hours were the company's best ever.

Unsurprisingly, it appears The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is currently the driving force behind the success of the Switch. SuperData says 89 percent of those who bought a Switch have also bought the newest entry in the Zelda franchise, putting sales of the Switch version of the game in the region of 1.34 million.

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima previously said that the company planned to ship 2 million consoles to retailers by March 31. If that remained the case, stock shortages could be ahead.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/08/rime-release-date-announced/

Rime will be available both digitally and at retail for $29.99 on the PS4, Xbox One and PC, but it will cost $39.99 when it comes to the Switch. We've reached out to Nintendo and Tequila Works to ask about the price difference, and we'll update this story if we hear back.

Speculation is that cartridges cost more than optical discs, but I don't see how it's $10 more. They could go all digital if it's a big deal. Porting also costs money, but you only make the decision to port if you believe sales will cover the porting cost.

I think they are charging more because they think they can charge more and get away with it. They are trying to "have their cake and eat it too".

BS if you ask me.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/08/rime-release-date-announced/

Speculation is that cartridges cost more than optical discs, but I don't see how it's $10 more. They could go all digital if it's a big deal. Porting also costs money, but you only make the decision to port if you believe sales will cover the porting cost.

I think they are charging more because they think they can charge more and get away with it. They are trying to "have their cake and eat it too".

BS if you ask me.

Absolute BS, this isn't the first game they are charging a higher price than the other, better versions on. It's atrocious and a typical Nintendo tactic.

Absolute BS, this isn't the first game they are charging a higher price than the other, better versions on. It's atrocious and a typical Nintendo tactic.

It's not a Nintendo tactic. They didn't determine the price of the game, the makers of Rime did this.

Back