Nintendo Plans New more powerful Version of Switch middle of 2019

What about a Newer New 3DS XL? Or will the New Switch have a 3DS/DS cartridge slot?

I think they’re ditching the 3DS. Phones are covering the mobile/casual market now; even the flagship handheld series, Pokemon, is coming to Switch. I think their handheld business is on the way out.

This is the new normal obviously. They want to extend console life. They're too expensive to design and produce, big AAA games are too expensive and come out too infrequently. The days of a new console gen every 5 years is over.

Well if I already had one I spent a ton of money on and a “better” one came out it would just kinda suck. They both do the same thing though I guess.

The new one doesn't somehow make the old one worse. It's still the same piece of equipment I bought last year; the only reason this would be a problem is if the new games released only worked on the new system. But if they are backwards compatible with the original Switch, then I'm still getting the exact same value. If they release a Switch w/ 4K out that's fine. I bought mine knowing it didn't have that. To be mad about that would simply to be jealous.

the fact that devs are releasing "cloud" versions of AAA titles to Switch is an indication that they want to develop but are limited by hardware.

just a matter of time until the Nintendo 32X

Back