Nikita Krylov latest Instagram post after submission loss to Jan Blachowicz

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

nikitakrylovufcWhatever I write now, those who were sick against me will find this an excuse, so I do not care how it will look for them, I'll write only for those who supported me.
First. I feel guilty, because you saw the wrong Nikita Krylov, who was expected to see. I can fight better, but on that day I fought worse than I could.
The second. You saw this Nikita Krylov exactly because I always liked to win, when they told me that now it will not be possible to win. I went to bits and pieces (I can read about it on the TV match) with an unhealthy back against the top of the UFC, taking the fifth fight in 15 months, and I thought that I could do it again. But could not. It is a pity that this can be learned only in this way.
Third. The fighters do not always understand this, but I realized that I missed a very big chance: in the UFC they gave me the opportunity to fight in the main battle, and Ian Blagovitch did not fear for his place in the rating and signed the contract. I am grateful for this chance.
Fourth. I will not promise anything and tell you how I will now settle in the hall, just know, I really want to be seen and remembered by others.

Every time he gets a step up in competition he loses. OSP, Misha Cirkunov and now Blachowicz

nikitakrylovufcWhatever I write now, those who were sick against me will find this an excuse, so I do not care how it will look for them, I'll write only for those who supported me.
First. I feel guilty, because you saw the wrong Nikita Krylov, who was expected to see. I can fight better, but on that day I fought worse than I could.
The second. You saw this Nikita Krylov exactly because I always liked to win, when they told me that now it will not be possible to win. I went to bits and pieces (I can read about it on the TV match) with an unhealthy back against the top of the UFC, taking the fifth fight in 15 months, and I thought that I could do it again. But could not. It is a pity that this can be learned only in this way.
Third. The fighters do not always understand this, but I realized that I missed a very big chance: in the UFC they gave me the opportunity to fight in the main battle, and Ian Blagovitch did not fear for his place in the rating and signed the contract. I am grateful for this chance.
Fourth. I will not promise anything and tell you how I will now settle in the hall, just know, I really want to be seen and remembered by others.

BS . He wasn't ready for Ian.

He was asked about the opponent before the fight: "Oh, he has a nice body shots, and he also MIGHT GRAPPLE"....

He's a quality fighter and will be back. UFC will give him several more opportunities.

UFC need to promote and develop more LHW fighters, this is well-known.

Of the "known names" LHW fighters that have been around a while.....
Rumble Johnson = unexpected retirement
Jon Jones = USADA issue as we all know. may or may not make it back.
Dan Cormier = retiring in March, so he says
Glover Teixera = getting old, prob about to retire
Gustafsson = could be the new main man shortly

I think Krylov could figure highly going forwards, with Cannonier, Dominick Reyes, Blachowicz, Corey Anderson, Cutelaba, Latifi, Manuwa, Pedro, OSP and Rountree. (Even Misha Cirkunov if he can actually get his sh1t together & win a damn fight!)

Last edited:
He’s young and although he has good submission offense, he has pretty bad grappling and submission defense. If he switched up where he trained a bit more I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him in the top 5

He’s very skilled and still destroys the majority of the UFC’s LHW division

He's a quality fighter and will be back. UFC will give him several more opportunities.

UFC need to promote and develop more LHW fighters, this is well-known.

Of the "known names" LHW fighters that have been around a while.....
Rumble Johnson = unexpected retirement
Jon Jones = USADA issue as we all know. may or may not make it back.
Dan Cormier = retiring in March, so he says
Glover Teixera = getting old, prob about to retire
Gustafsson = could be the new main man shortly

I think Krylov could figure highly going forwards, with Cannonier, Blachowicz, Corey Anderson, Cutelaba, Latifi, Manuwa, Pedro, OSP and Rountree. (Even Misha Cirkunov if he can actually get his st1t together!)

Im happy that after UFC 229 everyone finally knows who Dominick Reyes is, you and so many others clearly dont.

Im happy that after UFC 229 everyone finally knows who Dominick Reyes is, you and so many others clearly dont.
sorry i simply missed him off my list. I was going thru the UFC LHW rankings and actually thought "gotta have Reyes in there" and just missed him off. Absolutely he should be in there, i'll add him in now... thanks for the bump.

edit: FIXED!!

Dude comes to finish or get finished, just wish he wouldn’t get finished in embarrassing fashion which he seems to always do

If only Krylov could go and train at ATT, or AKA. Imagine the wonders it would do to his grappling...

respect for his front kick ko of ed herman. we dont see the KO from the lead leg too often (in mma at least). and what a funny nickname, the miner!

Win or lose I like that he just goes for the finish, it's a stupid, sloppy, reckless style but I respect that he just goes for it.

Krylov a) still hasn't developed a ground game, and b) still isn't ready for top competition.

Fun and frustrating to watch.

Damn, as a fan of Krylov that was a depressing read. Such an unforgiving sport. Hope he gets another shot in the UFC once he gets his back in order. I'm sure most will just see it as an excuse and that's their right to interpret as such but with a post this candid I feel like most of it was genuine and honest and he was complimentary of Jan. It's just that the sport has some extreme highs and extreme lows. Krylov might not he a world beater but I believe him when he says that wasn't the best version of himself that he could be. He seems so disappointed in himself and downright depressed. No need to kick a man while he is down.

Every time he gets a step up in competition he loses. OSP, Misha Cirkunov and now Blachowicz

It's alright. He's still like 15 years younger than the champ. Give him some more time.

Back