Nike sales surge 31%-- report

dormammu

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nike sales surge 31% in days after Colin Kaepernick ad unveiled, analyst says...
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/08/colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-sales-up

"Sales bested 2017’s 17% increase over Labor Day, according to Edison Trends, despite Trump’s protests of the campaign

The Nike ad starring Colin Kaepernick does not appear to have adversely affected sales, an analyst said on Saturday.

According to Edison Trends, a digital commerce research company: “Nike sales grew 31% from Sunday through Tuesday over Labor Day this year, besting 2017’s comparative 17% increase.” [...]

Edison Trends’ analysis suggested the company will be thinking its gambit has worked, allowing it to surf familiar controversy and create a “Trump bump” all of its own.

“Nike’s 2018 late summer sales show much the same trend as last year’s,” the company wrote, “with order volume decreasing slightly going into late August. The similarity decreases coming out of Labor Day weekend, however, with sales seeing a bigger bump on Monday and Tuesday than in the past.”

Edison Trends said its analysis was based on “anonymised and aggregated e-receipts from more than 3 million consumers”.

Non partisan here, was curious how this would play out.
Edit: if we swerve a little of topic, as Thread starter I am 100%ok with that....

Last edited:
Is it time to shift from "They're destroying their brand RIP Nike" to "They just did it for the money" yet?

Is it time to shift from "They're destroying their brand RIP Nike" to "They just did it for the money" yet?
As a far right Republican, I've always hated corporations and their thirst for profits.

Did you know that many of Nike's workers are working in sweatshops? I can't believe liberals love corporations so much. They're such hypocrites.

Eh, i dont think thats much more important than the temporary stock dip. I wonder if it will be a more long term increase. Not by that much obviously but a couple points is a lot

I don't care about the politics tbh, but Nike is shit quality. Those little kids in the sweat shops need to step up their game.

I don't care about the politics tbh, but Nike is shit quality. Those little kids in the sweat shops need to step up their game.

Little shit heads need to pick themselves up by their own poorly made boot straps.

Great news, glad people are with Nike and Kaepernick against police brutality. Keep putting the pressure on to spread awareness.

EOzYMIX.jpg

2-3 days of sales reports won’t show the outcome

Look at ESPN since it’s become politicized, now FS1 is where all their big talent is going

I understand not agreeing with CK on anything, but who cares if Nike hired him? I can't summon the energy to care about this.

I expect the un-American left to run to the store to buy NIKE this week. After they spend all their welfare checks, or when their Kaepernick/Islamic/Communist/ Cops=pigs minds come back down from the excitement, then it could be a problem later. Cause NIKE's support of Kaepernick's message does not resonate with a majority of the country. And some people will remember this.

I expect the un-American left to run to the store to buy NIKE this week. After they spend all their welfare checks, or when their Kaepernick/Islamic/Communist/ Cops=pigs minds come back down from the excitement, then it could be a problem later. Cause NIKE's support of Kaepernick's message does not resonate with a majority of the country. And some people will remember this.
giphy.gif

Fuck Nike, but not because Kaepernick ad, but because their quality went to shit. My latest Nike sneakers went to shit after a year, what the fuck?

Soweet!

Now the hard part is finding a bigger victim for next year’s ad campaign to virtue signal that sweet sweet money grab from retarded lefties

Probably helped that Nick Cannon bought an entire store of Nike merch

People are so brainwashed and idiotic. An ad campaign doesn't make a sneaker any better or worse.

Good for them. It's all so stupid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back