Nike Machomai Boxing Shoes Review

Gonzaginator

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
sxljlh.jpg

I'll be doing a review on the Nike Machomai training shoes. They were like 90 bucks when I bought these but they're on sale right now @ Title for 70 bucks. Quite a few pro boxers wear them and it seems like Nike just sends them out to everybody for free so they wear them. Lame, but whatever.

On to the review: I like the way these look, that's number one. I wanted to get them in all black or white maybe but settled with the blue ones and they look pretty cool. They are very light as well and they feel pretty comfortable. Some people were complaining about the lacing system Nike used on these shoes but personally I love it. Makes it so much easier and faster to get them tightened and the fit is really good as well. The ankle support is nice. Also another thing that's important with boxing shoes of course is the sole. A lot of times they don't last long, the sole just rubs off very quickly and the shoes start to feel uncomfortable at some point when that happens. But the sole on these is really durable so you won't have to deal with all that. But, anytime you buy Nike's you get a product that's cheaply made. And this is just another example. If you look at the last 3 pictures you can see that on both shoes the sole is already coming off, in the same spots (not just one, but multiple). So they're starting to fall apart. I know I can glue these back together by myself but that shouldn't be my issue, Nike should figure that one out on their own. I might as well develope the entire training shoe for them and straighten out everything that's wrong with them while I'm at it to help Nike I guess. :(

I give the Machomai's a 6.5 out of 10. If these were quality shoes I'd give them about a 8.5 or even a 9. But other than that these shoes are great, they feel good and they look good. But quality/craftsmanship is probably the most important thing when it comes to training equipment so I'm definitely not going to buy these or any other Nike training shoes again.

21tuog.jpg

1zoyy68.jpg

2qa70hs.jpg

Wow that sucks! How long have you used them before the soles started coming off?

Only for about 5 months, been using them twice a week at best. And the sole started coming off like a 2 weeks ago. :icon_sad:

Damn, that's not very long. It's a beautiful design. I always wanted a pair in red. I almost sprung for a pair of the olympic red and gold ones someone posted on ebay.

They do look cool, I like the red/gold one as well. But if they don't last long (or even a while) there's no reason to buy them. I'll probably try the Reebok's that Floyd and Amir Khan wear next or maybe the Asics or some Adidas.

Nice review,we could do with some footwear reviews in here actually.Hmmmm..

They do look cool, I like the red/gold one as well. But if they don't last long (or even a while) there's no reason to buy them. I'll probably try the Reebok's that Floyd and Amir Khan wear next or maybe the Asics or some Adidas.

They certainly look awesome, what a shame. Thanks for the review!

Where can you buy the Reebok boxing shoes?

Thanks guys.

Amir Khan's website actually carries them. If you go to amirkhanshop and scroll down a little you'll find them. Haven't seen them anywhere else though but I'm sure they must be around.

amir162.jpg

^^^^^ Epic post. This is what I love about G&E.

Very tempted to drop the coin on them!

Back