Nightmare Matchups for each UFC Champion

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Very good video, and analysis of every bad matchup for each champion, I'd very much recommend this channel.

I popped a bag of popcorn and ate the whole thing during that 26:19 movie! Thanks op!

Nightmare matchups for each UFC Champion

MM - Ngannou
TJ - Ngannou
Max - Ngannou
Tony - Ngannou
Tyron - Ngannou
Rob - Ngannou
DC - Ngannou
Stipe - Ngannou

Ngannou be giving EVERYBODY nightmares.

Even himself.

Cool video though. Good concept.

Yeah as improved as he is, he's more of a slightly less likely to lose than the rest of the division than a nightmare.
As stinky of a matchup as it is I think Benavidez is still the toughest matchup for MM even tho he beat him twice

HW Dylan
LHW Dylan
MW Dylan
WW Dylan
LW Dylan

He spits hot fire.

As stinky of a matchup as it is I think Benavidez is still the toughest matchup for MM even tho he beat him twice

Me too but it's just sad the guy has been out of action as long as he has. They were denying him another opportunity that he earned even when he had the momentum on his side- now with the time on the shelf he still will have to win at least 1-2 more to get his crack again.

People forget, because the second win was so emphatic- that Benevidez vs. DJ I was a competitive. Joe kept it close but DJ really started to pull away with it deep in the fight from what I remember. Even then, it was close in terms of overall rounds but DJ put the stamp on the rounds that he needed to in order to take the fight.

Biggest problem with Mighty Mouse is people don't really have an edge over him in any facet. He's a far better wrestler than most of flyweight. He's a better submission grappler than most at flyweight. He's a better, faster striker than most at flyweight and he's got better conditioning. Joe has the cardio, has the scrambling ability and defensive grappling, and the striking but I don't think he can put it together well enough as a coherent whole to solve the Mighty Mouse problem.

Don't see a finish in a potential third fight between them but I think Joe would spend a lot of time trying to keep himself vertical and that would cost in the judges' eyes. Plus he might be concerned enough with the takedowns that he can't let his hands go and DJ will pick him apart.

Nightmare matchups for each UFC Champion

MM - Ngannou
TJ - Ngannou
Max - Ngannou
Tony - Ngannou
Tyron - Ngannou
Rob - Ngannou
DC - Ngannou
Stipe - Ngannou

Ngannou be giving EVERYBODY nightmares.

Even himself.

Geez if Ngannou hit DJ with the Reem uppercut, he'd probably send him into orbit- Tiny Lister in Friday style.

Me too but it's just sad the guy has been out of action as long as he has. They were denying him another opportunity that he earned even when he had the momentum on his side- now with the time on the shelf he still will have to win at least 1-2 more to get his crack again.

People forget, because the second win was so emphatic- that Benevidez vs. DJ I was a competitive. Joe kept it close but DJ really started to pull away with it deep in the fight from what I remember. Even then, it was close in terms of overall rounds but DJ put the stamp on the rounds that he needed to in order to take the fight.

Biggest problem with Mighty Mouse is people don't really have an edge over him in any facet. He's a far better wrestler than most of flyweight. He's a better submission grappler than most at flyweight. He's a better, faster striker than most at flyweight and he's got better conditioning. Joe has the cardio, has the scrambling ability and defensive grappling, and the striking but I don't think he can put it together well enough as a coherent whole to solve the Mighty Mouse problem.

Don't see a finish in a potential third fight between them but I think Joe would spend a lot of time trying to keep himself vertical and that would cost in the judges' eyes. Plus he might be concerned enough with the takedowns that he can't let his hands go and DJ will pick him apart.
DJ has really outgrown (metaphorically) the FLW division. It is in his best interest to move to BW. Better fights, better comp, better pay

DJ has really outgrown (metaphorically) the FLW division. It is in his best interest to move to BW. Better fights, better comp, better pay

See what you're saying for sure but I think DJ really wants to cement his legacy and if he stays at FLW I seriously don't see him losing at least until he loses a step with age and maybe he would call it a career before that happens.

The weird thing is TJ's preoccupation with dropping to face DJ but it makes sense purely for the fact that TJ believes himself to be the best all-around fighter in the UFC and beating someone with MM's credentials goes a long way in solidifying such a claim.

I'd be interested to see how that would go. Like both guys but I'd be rooting for DJ for sure. If TJ is serious about dropping, that's DJ's toughest matchup in my opinion.

Back