Nieman Gracie

So bjj > wrestling?

I wish the dumbasses in the heavies could see this thread. Lol!

Ruth looked really small against Gracie

Was he the guy who cut like 3% or 5% according to some comission in a past Bellator event?

Last edited:
Ruth looked really small againsy Gracie

Was he the guy who cut like 3% or 5% according to some comission in a past Bellator event?
Pretty sure that was when Ruth was at 185.

Have to admit that I, like many others had Ruth winning this fight. I still think he has loads of potential, and, I think he's like the Bellator WW division's DC. Hell, I think they were mentioning that on the preview show on DAZN. However, extremely impressed with Neiman! He has better striking and wrestling than any of us gave him credit for. He and Ruth both seem like really cool guys from the previews on DAZN. Also, I really like Neiman in comparison to some of the other Gracies. I mean, they've obviously brought a lot to the sport of MMA, but a lot of them seem to think Jiu-JItsu>everything and just don't seem to be that into everything else that MMA entails. Really want Gracie to take this now.

I think if he gets it to the ground he has a chance at beating any fighter.

Goddamn, that av is the best! I had to do a double take like, "The fuck, is that Mousasi in a Frenchman's outfit, LOOOOOL.

So, what do we think about his performance against Ed Ruth? Several here, including myself, believed Ruth could have been the dark horse in this tourney and win the whole thing. Up until last night he had appeared to be even better than advertised, and holding the tools to go very far in this sport. He likely still will, but who was expecting such a great performance from Gracie??? Ruth knew what Gracie wanted to do. Ruth has amazing wrestling credentials, knew that Gracie would want to grapple, and still managed to let Gracie put him in many sub attempts, while finally locking in that RNC. Gracie didn't look bad on his feet either, and Ruth had been getting pop for his standup being pretty good, and getting better every fight.

I have a feeling that someday this will have been a huge win for Nieman Gracie. I mean, it is now, but Ruth is going to come back strong, he still has huge potential. But how good is Gracie? Kron gets all of the attention in that family, as far as newer gen Gracies go. Who'd have thought Nieman Gracie would put a clinic on one of Bellator's hottest and most talked about prospects? We will see just how good the man is in the very next round, bc it will be a title shot, vs the winner of Rory/Fitch.
Ruth not ready for this Tournament. A long way tbh...

I always believed in Neiman. My first time watching him fight was on the McGeary vs. Davis undercard and from there the high potential was clear for me, and since then he's been improving a lot.
f249d78b452385e1b6f06faa719bf525.png

While he's not very accomplished on BJJ (in comparison to other exceptional grapplers like Kron, Hall, Maia, Jacare etc), i feel like his transition has been one of the most smooth i have ever seen.
His kicking game is on point and works very well for his style, his hands are mediocre but it doesn't matter, because with his kicks he can control distance just fine. I was also impressed by his takedowns once he had Ruth tired.
Different from a few other grapplers like Demian and Vinny, his gas tank looked great, that's important. He's a big welterweight, too.
Captura_de_Tela_2017_06_14__s_11.33.33.0.png

Neiman is already the best Gracie in MMA skill wise by a long shot, IMO. His BJJ is so aggressive and complete that it makes it very hard to get any kind of offense going against him, as you will most likely doing nothing but submission defense against him. His standup is already the best out of any Gracie I've seen, and his cardio is also higher than any other Gracie I know of.

I would like to see him fight Lovato Jr. at some point. I know, different weight classes and such, although they difference in size isn't too extreme, I don't think, but they're very similar in how they approach MMA, and I'd love to see how that translates into a fight, and just how good is Lovato's BJJ, really.

I would like to see him fight Lovato Jr. at some point. I know, different weight classes and such, although they difference in size isn't too extreme, I don't think, but they're very similar in how they approach MMA, and I'd love to see how that translates into a fight, and just how good is Lovato's BJJ, really.
lol god no. Neiman and Lovato are two of the best representatives of nearly pure BJJ in MMA right now. Would hate to see either of them lose their "0" to another BJJ guy.

Also Lovato likely kills him.

I think it is, Neiman is a big welterweight, but he's still a WW. Lovato is a enormous middleweight, he cuts a lot.
Would be a interesting fight, but i don't really think it would be competitive, Lovato's BJJ is on another lv, really.
c0c1162cedf0f55d2c0594ae0296457b.png

lol god no. Neiman and Lovato are two of the best representatives of nearly pure BJJ in MMA right now. Would hate to see either of them lose their "0" to another BJJ guy.

Also Lovato likely kills him.

I think it is, Neiman is a big welterweight, but he's still a WW. Lovato is a enormous middleweight, he cuts a lot.
Would be a interesting fight, but i don't really think it would be competitive, Lovato's BJJ is on another lv, really.
c0c1162cedf0f55d2c0594ae0296457b.png
"Don't get scurred..." - Beanie Siegel

Back