Nieky Holzken replaces Braehmer in SMW WBSS Semi-Final

Looks GREAT there. Seriously is this a fucking joke?

Who else do they get in? Only 1 of the 4 title holders signed up to it so there hasn’t been the buy in from the top fighters that the CW tournament had. Damn shame

They can work and have worked out in professional boxing, obviously. Look at the other WBSS tourney going on concurrently with this one at Cruiserweight. There's been no drop outs and we're now getting the #1 & #2 seeds (Usyk & Gassiev) in the Final. It's gone smoothly and that's what they/we wanted. The SMW WBSS tourney isn't nearly as appealing, but, we'll have the #2 seed (Smith) in the final against hopefully the #1 there too (Groves), provided Groves is good to go and is medically cleared. He said yesterday that he's in no pain and just needs a couple more scans.

This Semi-Final for Smith is a gimme but Holzken is what we're getting. They should've had a better alternate on standby to replace Braehmer but it is what it is. I don't foresee Usyk or Gassiev getting injured prepping for their final because they'll train smart. There's too much on the line for them in particular considering that the winner will be crowned the legitimate undisputed & lineal CW champion. Kalle Sauerland is waiting to hear more from Groves' doctors about his recovery time. The Final could be pushed back to accommodate him from what I understand.

I think they’ll push the final back to mid July time. Groves is the only champion and no 1 seed. It would be a joke if him and his belt are not in the final

I agree and think we’ll see more of these tournaments. How can fans question these types of tournaments when the CWs have pretty much put forward their top 8 fighters including all of the champions. Usyk vs gassiev is the best confirmed match up this year imo. And both semis were great fights

Wait, I thought they already had reserves? Feigenbutz and Nielsen are supposed to be the guys taking Braehmer's place, not Holzken.

Also, what was with all the confidence Braehmer was getting against Smith? Smith would have steamrolled him

Braehmer dropping out of a fight at the last minute? So shocked. Reschedule it. I'm not saying Braehmer's lying but he's pulled this shit at least a couple times before iirc. Very annoying.

Braehmer dropping out of a fight at the last minute? So shocked. Reschedule it. I'm not saying Braehmer's lying but he's pulled this shit at least a couple times before iirc. Very annoying.

At the moment we have the biggest epidemic with viral infections in years. Schools closed, many work places at best half populated. It is imo the truth with Brähmer and they should reschedule the fight like you wrote instead of this Holtzken joke. No one wants to see that.

At the moment we have the biggest epidemic with viral infections in years. Schools closed, many work places at best half populated. It is imo the truth with Brähmer and they should reschedule the fight like you wrote instead of this Holtzken joke. No one wants to see that.
Yeah this year's been really bad with the flu I've been lucky enough to avoid but I seem to be in the minority in that regard. He's done this before, tho, which is why I'm hesitant to believe him as much as most other guys where I wouldn't think twice about it. If he's really sick I hope he gets better soon and as we mentioned get the fight done at a later date. Flu's definitely been bad this winter.

Did Braehmer strain his biceps by putting another 10lb plate on each side of the barbell?

This was his last fight in boxing earlier this month. It was against a low level opponent at a club show. I'm a fan of Holzken in the kickboxing world but competing in boxing and kickboxing wasn't a good idea. I thought his plan a few years ago was to switch over to boxing full time? Anyway, that's what he should've done. Smith stops him early, very early.

Nice use of the collar tie there at 6:03 to control his overly aggressive opponent, throw him into the ropes and escape. He'll get warned for that if he tries it against Smith.

Shiiet! Boxing is so fuckiiin boring! Thanks for specific time so we don’t have to watch the whole thing!!

Shiiet! Boxing is so fuckiiin boring! Thanks for specific time so we don’t have to watch the whole thing!!

Why are you in a boxing thread if "boxing is so boring"? Doesnt make any sense.

But the Holzken fight looks bad. The so called low level opponent was better at some aspects of boxing. Holzken will never be a good boxer. Way too stationary. He was a worldclass kickboxer but that is exactly his problem. It just does not transfer that good to boxing if you are late into your career.

I honestly dont get why they choose Holzken as replacement. It cheapens the whole WBS and makes it look like a bum event.

Why are you in a boxing thread if "boxing is so boring"? Doesnt make any sense.

I honestly dont get why they choose Holzken as replacement. It cheapens the whole WBS and makes it look like a bum event.
It honestly sounds like Niki saved the day by replacing him, and they were desprate at that point.

Meh, it'll get the kickboxing followers tuning in.

I wonder when Sponge will reach up high like Miller already did.

I’m pretty sure that most people getting told “your favorite combat sport isn’t on tv, want to watch kickboxing” would say yes.

long wait for the main event...watching them warm up backstage, rules meeting, etc

"Nicky being regarded as one of the p4p best in the sport of kickboxing"

Oh, no. That's how Mayweather vs. McCregor had to feel for fans of the sport. :confused:

Back