Nicolas Winding Refn Appreciation Page

TS forgot to mention his masterpiece Only God forgives AKA steaming pile of dogshit AKA I want my 50 bucks back. AKA I didn't get laid that night, thanks alot Nicolas.

220px-Only_God_Forgives_poster.jpg

My friend actually liked that movie because it reminded him of training muay thai in thailand(it got atmosphere right)

Drive's probably my favourite film of this century so far tbh. Shit is unforgettable. Refn fanboy for life, no going back after that

I thought Drive was trash other than this unforgettable line from Ron Perlman:

Valhalla Rising on the other hand was one of the finest films I'v ever seen

Perhaps a bit in terms of character which he's obviously learned to play up rather a lot to help his career but generally I tend to think his films are much more pulpish.

The biggest problem with Wes Anderson for me is that he lives in a twee middle class fantasy land.

Refn has a better resume than Anderson. @BisexualMMA @moreorless87

just wanted to bump this to say i just watched only god forgives and it’s possibly one of the worst movies i’ve ever seen. i mean, it’s god fucking awful.

I'd just like to say I feel a lot of stylistic elements of John Wick seems inspired from his work.

it’s a smelly dog turd with absolutely nothing to praise except for the neon color palette and light play

edit: that’s not true. the opening scene in the muay thai gym features real sparring which was cool to see in a movie. that’s it though. and drive was good.

Last edited:
I watched Neon Demon for the first time the other day. I thought it was really interesting, and visually it looked amazing. It gets nuts once Jesse closes out the fashion show. The more movies I see of his the more clear it becomes that Drive is the oddball of the bunch and by far the most accessible.

Back