Nick Newell Would Gladly Accept ‘Easy Money’ Fight Against Floyd Mayweather

You do punk vs the journalist dude. Then if he wins, you do punk vs floyd near the end of the year. Then when floyd wins that you do floyd vs Conor in some nonsense superfight. Then when floyd loses that you set him up against another striker and see where the pieces fall.

Not advocating any of this as good for the sport, but in matchmaking terms this is how you do it.

Punk vs Helwani??

What did I miss?

Ariel by TKO Rd 2

NickNewell.0.jpg

Mayweather is teasing a move into mixed martial arts while Newell’s incredible story has been told numerous times as a congenital amputee who has amassed an impressive record while facing a laundry list of veterans throughout his fighting career.

For all the potential hype around the matchup, Newell doesn’t believe it would really be a fair fight necessarily but it would earn him a gigantic payday and so he’d be more than happy to welcome Mayweather to the UFC for the first time.

“Floyd Mayweather, he’s the greatest boxer of all time. Randy Couture fought James Toney, I don’t see why I wouldn’t take that one considering the money I would make off of that and it would be an easy night,” Newell told MMAWeekly.

“So easy money, easy fight, I would take that in a heartbeat but he knows better.”

Mayweather will reportedly begin training with UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley in the near future to prepare him for a transition into mixed martial arts after compiling a perfect 50-0 record as a boxer.

While most believe that Mayweather is either using this as a publicity stunt or to potentially to set up a big money rematch against Conor McGregor, if he’s serious about taking an MMA fight, Newell would gladly accept.

The only problem is Newell doesn’t believe that Mayweather would like the results if the fight actually happened.

“I would toss him around like a ragdoll and finish him when I feel like it,” Newell said. “He’s not a dumb guy. He knows better than to get in there with me in a mixed martial arts match.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nick-newell-would-gladly-accept-easy-money-fight-against-floyd-mayweather

Discuss...

It would take the likes TBE to come over and change these bums lives forever. They would get a meager pay day by Floyd's standards and never fight again, Like Conrad.

PicsArt_08-27-02.03.53.jpg

Keep Begging, MMA bums.

<LordRoose> .

Last edited:
Who the fuck wouldn't?

Who in the UFC would decline fighting Floyd

...Not even MM would give up that chance at any weight

Back