Nick Newell Would Gladly Accept ‘Easy Money’ Fight Against Floyd Mayweather

AngryEuphoricCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

when floyd wins its not like nick can give him a round of applause so no deal

I know this is horrible, but am I the only one who cringes when they see Nick Newell's stump?

It just sends shivers down me man.

He's an inspiration, but it still gives me the niggles.

That actually would be an interesting match, and he's right

You do punk vs the journalist dude. Then if he wins, you do punk vs floyd near the end of the year. Then when floyd wins that you do floyd vs Conor in some nonsense superfight. Then when floyd loses that you set him up against another striker and see where the pieces fall.

Not advocating any of this as good for the sport, but in matchmaking terms this is how you do it.

I respect Nick's accomplishments and all but god damn, can't you shave those bits off your nub? thats just creepy, are those like mini-fingers or something that failed to develop? Imagine having that in your face while grappling someone? THAT is why he has such a good record, people didn't want the dude from Scary Movie getting his tiny hand on them.
I've grappled with him. I was busy getting grapplefucked to notice some stupid shit like that haha. He's a really nice guy though and a really high level grappler, his scrabbles are unreal

~DaViD~

At this point, I'm wondering if the UFC isn't signing this guy just because he's handicapped.

Anyone else with his record and the amount of publicity he gets would have been hired years ago.

NickNewell.0.jpg

Mayweather is teasing a move into mixed martial arts while Newell’s incredible story has been told numerous times as a congenital amputee who has amassed an impressive record while facing a laundry list of veterans throughout his fighting career.

For all the potential hype around the matchup, Newell doesn’t believe it would really be a fair fight necessarily but it would earn him a gigantic payday and so he’d be more than happy to welcome Mayweather to the UFC for the first time.

“Floyd Mayweather, he’s the greatest boxer of all time. Randy Couture fought James Toney, I don’t see why I wouldn’t take that one considering the money I would make off of that and it would be an easy night,” Newell told MMAWeekly.

“So easy money, easy fight, I would take that in a heartbeat but he knows better.”

Mayweather will reportedly begin training with UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley in the near future to prepare him for a transition into mixed martial arts after compiling a perfect 50-0 record as a boxer.

While most believe that Mayweather is either using this as a publicity stunt or to potentially to set up a big money rematch against Conor McGregor, if he’s serious about taking an MMA fight, Newell would gladly accept.

The only problem is Newell doesn’t believe that Mayweather would like the results if the fight actually happened.

“I would toss him around like a ragdoll and finish him when I feel like it,” Newell said. “He’s not a dumb guy. He knows better than to get in there with me in a mixed martial arts match.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nick-newell-would-gladly-accept-easy-money-fight-against-floyd-mayweather

Discuss...

Mayweather doesnt know who nick is guaranteed. He'd beat Mayweather but that fight has zero point.

Lol who wouldn't take an easy money fight against Mayweather. Although in his defence, he probably just responded to a dumb question.

Back