Nick Newell Would Gladly Accept ‘Easy Money’ Fight Against Floyd Mayweather

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NickNewell.0.jpg

Mayweather is teasing a move into mixed martial arts while Newell’s incredible story has been told numerous times as a congenital amputee who has amassed an impressive record while facing a laundry list of veterans throughout his fighting career.

For all the potential hype around the matchup, Newell doesn’t believe it would really be a fair fight necessarily but it would earn him a gigantic payday and so he’d be more than happy to welcome Mayweather to the UFC for the first time.

“Floyd Mayweather, he’s the greatest boxer of all time. Randy Couture fought James Toney, I don’t see why I wouldn’t take that one considering the money I would make off of that and it would be an easy night,” Newell told MMAWeekly.

“So easy money, easy fight, I would take that in a heartbeat but he knows better.”

Mayweather will reportedly begin training with UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley in the near future to prepare him for a transition into mixed martial arts after compiling a perfect 50-0 record as a boxer.

While most believe that Mayweather is either using this as a publicity stunt or to potentially to set up a big money rematch against Conor McGregor, if he’s serious about taking an MMA fight, Newell would gladly accept.

The only problem is Newell doesn’t believe that Mayweather would like the results if the fight actually happened.

“I would toss him around like a ragdoll and finish him when I feel like it,” Newell said. “He’s not a dumb guy. He knows better than to get in there with me in a mixed martial arts match.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/nick-newell-would-gladly-accept-easy-money-fight-against-floyd-mayweather

Discuss...

<FookIsThatGuy>

Half of sherdog would take a fight against Mayweather. Nothing new here.

Is this a joke thread?

At this point the UFC should just book a 4 way brawl with Floyd vs. CM vs. Newell vs. Fallon Fox

No shit.

I'd take a fight against Floyd Mayweather, as would anyone who likes money and is ok with being punched in the face.

didnt even realise he had fingers on the end of that thing

you learn new shit everyday

I respect Nick's accomplishments and all but god damn, can't you shave those bits off your nub? thats just creepy, are those like mini-fingers or something that failed to develop? Imagine having that in your face while grappling someone? THAT is why he has such a good record, people didn't want the dude from Scary Movie getting his tiny hand on them.

The sad truth is if Sage is in the UFC, Nick Newell should be. I'd bet Nick would beat Sage and probably 20 other lower ranked LWs on the UFC roster. Definitely would beat anyone Sage has beaten.

Still has a reach advantage over Artem.

Back