Nick Newell - Tell me what YOU think

I don’t blame the UFC for not wanting to sign him. Watching him get beat mercilessly by Gathdje felt illegal.

A. There is probably somebody he could beat. He's not a bad fighter by any means.

B. Pretty close to no chance. If so, they should retire immediately.

I SERIOUSLY doubt scenario B ever happens. This is the fight game. Once the cage door shuts, all bets or off. Wouldn't matter even if he had one leg.

Also, the dude started off his career 12 - 0. It's not like he's some floundering scrub. He's at the very least got some pretty decent fight ability. He'd wreck both Punk and Mike Jackson.

the guy is about as good as one could imagine a one-armed fighter could possibly be, and who knows what great things he could accomplish with two hands, but no goddamn way should he be going against elite fighters. I got nothing but respect for the man but you can't pretend something is what it ain't.

I personally think it’s ridiculous to think that a one-armed man could compete with the best in the world. It’s like asking the best womens basketball player to hold her own in the NBA, she’s simply at a disadvantage. All respect to Nick but I honestly believe he is being unrealistic with his goals.

I say let him in and let's find out. The kid wants to fight so put gim in there. There's only one way to find out. Not everybody in the UFC is Gaethje so I'm sure he'll beat some guys. At least he's exciting and goes for it.

His wins are legit imo. I’d even say if he had both arms he’d be championship material. His heart is unrivallled

He’s good, got a bunch of decent looking wins over nobodies...I think they just fed him easy wins at WSOF to build up his story and bring value

I highly doubt he has it so easy at the big show

I personally think it’s ridiculous to think that a one-armed man could compete with the best in the world. It’s like asking the best womens basketball player to hold her own in the NBA, she’s simply at a disadvantage. All respect to Nick but I honestly believe he is being unrealistic with his goals.
It does kinda seem that way but he turned nothing into something at the same time so props to him

I say let him in and let's find out. The kid wants to fight so put gim in there. There's only one way to find out. Not everybody in the UFC is Gaethje so I'm sure he'll beat some guys. At least he's exciting and goes for it.
Yes he is intriguing I agree I’d watch

I'm stumped on this one.
ME TOO
He’s good, got a bunch of decent looking wins over nobodies...I think they just fed him easy wins at WSOF to build up his story and bring value

I highly doubt he has it so easy at the big show
would be just like the ufc to schedule Newell/gaethje 2 and cut some hype promos doesn’t it LOL

Dang you think? Some intrigue there to be honest. Sages reaction to being offered the contract “I’m sorry mister white, I would take any other fight. Mister Newell is handicapped I can’t do it” Dana “Sage it’s time you turned heel”
Newell is a savage with a lot of heart. That will be enough against a quitter like Sage.

Newell is a savage with a lot of heart. That will be enough against a quitter like Sage.
To be fair he did have strep throat when he fought barbarena. I can’t imagine being choked with inflamed tonsils like that. At the same time ur right he a pro fighter

Back