Nick Newell comments on Pettis/Ferguson fight

its pretty obvious Tony made him quit if you ask me anyway, not judging in any way as personally I think Tony is the meanest fighter in the ufc and actively looks to destroy peoples faces and give them a Rich Franklin nose lol, Pettis probably realized this and said fuck it im out

its pretty obvious Tony made him quit if you ask me anyway, not judging in any way as personally I think Tony is the meanest fighter in the ufc and actively looks to destroy peoples faces and give them a Rich Franklin nose lol, Pettis probably realized this and said fuck it im out

<mma4>

Remind me how many UFC fights Newell has ? And how many top guys he’s fought ?
It’s a joke ya dafty, the guy has one hand, he made a fucking hillarious joke at his own expense and brought Pettis into it, how many jokes can he make about having 1 hand ?

Get a sense of humour jeez

It’s very impressive. He’s an inspirational figure to anyone paying attention.

He’s never been in the position Pettis was in, with the incredible pain of a shattered hand and without the ability to use one of his best weapons going into the third round against someone as skilled, endurant, and dangerous as Ferguson on the other side. Further, Newell developed a game based around missing his hand, Pettis did not.

My point, since people here are dumb enough to need everything spelled out, is that Newell’s offering a false equivalency based on one similar element, forgetting all of the further hardships Pettis was facing relative to the ones Newell has in his fights.
“Endurant” lolllllll

After Pettis knocked him down I'm like well Pettis is fucked.

Tony gets medieval on their ass when threatened. Elbows start coming kicks into higher gear.

Without a doubt one of the meanest.

Yeah but he broke his right hand, which is his power hand. What's he supposed to do jab tony?
Newell has one hand but it's still his power hand so it's easier for him.
I believe he also uses his "stump" when he's fighting. I seem to recall seeing him rocking a dude with it

After Pettis knocked him down I'm like well Pettis is fucked.

Tony gets medieval on their ass when threatened. Elbows start coming kicks into higher gear.

Without a doubt one of the meanest.
Tony is the definition of a nightmare fighter. Constantly moving forward, getting stronger as the fight goes on. His elbows were sickening.

Tony is the definition of a nightmare fighter. Constantly moving forward, getting stronger as the fight goes on. His elbows were sickening.
It wasnt two seconds after he got knock down Tony cut open Pettis with vicous elbow. Then more and more came. it happens nearly every fight like this. Tony'll get hurt then turns up the heat and viciousness. Elbows in punk fight were probably best I felt bad for my boy thomson.

It wasnt two seconds after he got knock down Tony cut open Pettis with vicous elbow. Then more and more came. it happens nearly every fight like this. Tony'll get hurt then turns up the heat and viciousness. Elbows in punk fight were probably best I felt bad for my boy thomson.
You get technical artists who don't like being punched, and then you get dudes like Tony who's planning to do everything to finish you before the final bell.
Even if he submits you, he's gonna hurt you beforehand

Pettis could respond "sorry Newell, but my broken hand was hurting"

Back