Nick Diaz - The return of the gangster

Masvidal isn't a very good matchup for Nick. Masvidal is a technically sound striker with high fight IQ. He will take a Condit style of approach to this fight. Throwing leg kicks and quick combos, then evading Nicks follow up. Combine this with Diaz's long layoff, I'm curious to see where the opening betting line is at. I wouldn't be surprised to see Diaz as an underdog.

Masvidal isn't a very good matchup for Nick. Masvidal is a technically sound striker with high fight IQ. He will take a Condit style of approach to this fight. Throwing leg kicks and quick combos, then evading Nicks follow up. Combine this with Diaz's long layoff, I'm curious to see where the opening betting line is at. I wouldn't be surprised to see Diaz as an underdog.

Masvidal will NEVER use Condit's bycicle strategy. He never did.
He is a counter striker but he never backs away from engaging.

Alot of casuals in here who dont know about nick diaz.

Rewatch Nick and Gomi/Daley/Cyborg/Shamrock/BJ and Tony with Pettis/Lando/RDA/Barboza. Tony has many FOTN and POTN. Nicks fights have people standing or on the edge of their seats. Fights so recklessly and risks it all. Maybe YOU haven't been watching MMA for that long to know that its a rarity.

Diaz is only really exciting when he's fighting someone that's going to stand and trade.

Yeah, that's the big unknown in this fight. He was always a pothead, but still trained hard and did triathlons as a hobby. Add 5 years and heavy drinking to his "medical marijuana" habit and I'm not sure if it's the same Nick.

Yup, both will not help but alcohol is really detrimental for your spirit and health. Especially considering the amounts he's been taking over the last couple of years. There was also a video popping up a while ago in which a guy looking suspiciously like Nick getting KO'd by a smaller pro boxer. Doesn't bode well for his chin, seeing as he's older now.

Diaz is only really exciting when he's fighting someone that's going to stand and trade.
Not his fault. He actively will try to sub or engage on the ground. Gsp held on, threw the odd punch/elbow so they don't get stood up. If people don't like him because of the street attitude then fine but guy brings it. Gsp is one of the most boring fighters ever. Pre Serra and his last fight was amazing to watch. He can be awesome but found a way to coast to a 5 round UD victory.

Not his fault. He actively will try to sub or engage on the ground. Gsp held on, threw the odd punch/elbow so they don't get stood up. If people don't like him because of the street attitude then fine but guy brings it. Gsp is one of the most boring fighters ever. Pre Serra and his last fight was amazing to watch. He can be awesome but found a way to coast to a 5 round UD victory.

Again, I never said he wasn't exciting. He, like his brother, just isn't a very dynamic fighter. Beyond their intangibles, chin and cardio, they have two tools: boxing and submissions.

He's been drinking every night getting high going on nightclubs pretty much everyday since he left the sport. Just check his instagram. Idk if he's gonna be in shape for this one, we might get a lesser nick diaz since all the partying takes a toll on your body. Especially when you're using drugs and alcohol every night.
M'kay?

Again, I never said he wasn't exciting. He, like his brother, just isn't a very dynamic fighter. Beyond their intangibles, chin and cardio, they have two tools: boxing and submissions.
No you said I couldn't of been watching MMA that long. Stupid thing to say. Nick has been around since early 2000's. I watched not hardcore but before even that. Now if someone was to say they find Conor or Justin the most exciting fighter of all time then I would question their timelines. Even though they are both fair enough answers but if someone says Nick/Silva/Wand or someone else old skool then why would you say that?!

He's been drinking every night getting high going on nightclubs pretty much everyday since he left the sport. Just check his instagram. Idk if he's gonna be in shape for this one, we might get a lesser nick diaz since all the partying takes a toll on your body. Especially when you're using drugs and alcohol every night.

Pretty much this. That being said....Jorge gets fat between fights and puts some beers down too so he wont be his best either probably.

Wannabe gangster, more like a thug

Nick & Nate are like urban myths now when I actually see them in the cage, then I'll get excited...

We can't believe the Diaz brothers till weigh ins.

This fight is tailor made for Nick to win by decision.

<28>

Wish he was fighting someone else. I like Jorge

His fight with Takamori Gomi in PRIDE is one of the most exciting and bloody fights in MMA history! Don't usually root for either Diaz brother, but I love watching them fight.

Think it's fair to say that Masvidal has the advantage as of now. Prior to the suspension, I would favor Diaz. I don't see Mas wilting to pressure as he has great cardio and toughness himself. His ownly pitfall is that he sometimes matches the pace of his opponents which leads to very close fights. However, this has been less of an issue at WW. He also has a more diverse skillset. If he wants to, he could probably outwrestle Diaz when he starts pushing forward. He should be the favorite here. I think it'll start off with Mas comfortably winning the early rounds then progressing to a more back and forth exchange. I do want to see a Diaz/Daley esque outcome though.

His fight with Takamori Gomi in PRIDE is one of the most exciting and bloody fights in MMA history! Don't usually root for either Diaz brother, but I love watching them fight.

Nick is amazingly exciting vs guys that will come at him and stand and trade. That Gomi fight is an all time classic.

Back