Nick Diaz - The return of the gangster

I didn't say he wasn't exciting, but to intimate he's possibly the most exciting is just silly. I could name a handful of guys just from Pride that were more exciting, IMO.
Rewatch Nick and Gomi/Daley/Cyborg/Shamrock/BJ and Tony with Pettis/Lando/RDA/Barboza. Tony has many FOTN and POTN. Nicks fights have people standing or on the edge of their seats. Fights so recklessly and risks it all. Maybe YOU haven't been watching MMA for that long to know that its a rarity.

I did. I'm talking about his in-ring behavior. He's a decently exciting fighter, but nothing to write home about in my opinion. People seem to like him mostly for his antics and trash talk, but I think it usually comes across a bit dumb and immature.

OK. You did NOT watch MMA back then.

OK. You did NOT watch MMA back then.

I watched UFC 1 when it aired. I've been watching quite a while. Like I said, he's an exciting enough fighter, but he is mostly known for his antics and I think that's pretty much indisputable. He smokes weed, gives people the middle finger, starts fights, and people seem to enjoy that a lot.

To be frank with you I don't see T ferg exciting not even close to Nick Diaz.. Nick is giant Diva and also His legit dysfunctional which means his authentic chaos. Which makes for great entertainment without him even trying
Agree with Diaz but Tony is on a crazier level. Diaz is a legit see you in the carpark after the fight guy which I respect if the other dude is egging it on. But with a guy like Gsp I feel sorry for because his a great dude and doesn't get why Nick hates him so much. There was a fucking hilarious phone convo between them ages ago.

3 round fight?

If so Nick's cardio and output are less a factor. Mas will need to let his hands go WAY more than he did vs Wonderboy though. He just kept looking for that big counter shot that was never there. But Wonderboy uses more lateral movement than Nick by far. So he should be there for Mas to hit more often.

Also, Nick's mean mugging and antics won't affect Mas. Guy was fighting bareknuckle in backyards as a teenager. He has the exact same "IDGAF" attitude as the Diaz bros.

Long hair street fight Masvidal gonna retire Nick for good.

I watched UFC 1 when it aired. I've been watching quite a while. Like I said, he's an exciting enough fighter, but he is mostly known for his antics and I think that's pretty much indisputable. He smokes weed, gives people the middle finger, starts fights, and people seem to enjoy that a lot.

You did NOT watch Diaz in his active days, and DEFINITELY did not watch any UFC 1..Probably weren't born then.

Watch his fights and understand why yoyr claims are baseless and why I caught you lying that easily

You did NOT watch Diaz in his active days, and DEFINITELY did not watch any UFC 1..Probably weren't born then.

Watch his fights and understand why yoyr claims are baseless and why I caught you lying that easily
I cant comprehend how someone cant enjoy Diaz?! He pushes the pace, punches everywhere, keeps it standing and throws down. As soon as someone takes him down he works so hard for subs. The whole time talking to them. Amazing.

Nick Diaz fans staying delusional , I'm not convinced he can be exciting anymore, his last fight 4 YEARS AGO fucking sucked and looked like a sparring match

Nothing Nick hasn't seen before.
Jorge is a good counter striker, but he won't hurt Nick. Even when Nick is hurt nothing stops.

Honestly, gimme fight for Nick.
Probably got too huge sum of money to refuse.

If this is old school Nick--from the Daley, BJ, etc. fights--I totally agree. But being older and taking such a long layoff, can he maintain his old "punches in bunches" style for the whole fight...and will his boxing be as sharp? I agree on Masvidal and have said the same thing. He couldn't even outstrike Gilbert Melendez, who's basically a smaller Nick with inferior boxing. Put a pressure fighter in front of Masvidal who has a chin (not Cerrone or Ellenberger) and he gets passive and loses.

Nick is an alcoholic now, anyone following snapchat knows his chances are diminished. He's older now and didn't train hard for years.

Yeah, that's the big unknown in this fight. He was always a pothead, but still trained hard and did triathlons as a hobby. Add 5 years and heavy drinking to his "medical marijuana" habit and I'm not sure if it's the same Nick.

I honestly don't really understand his mass appeal. He's a decently entertaining fighter, but I don't count mean-mugging and making gestures among the more exciting aspects of fighting.
Diaz3.jpg

I cant comprehend how someone cant enjoy Diaz?! He pushes the pace, punches everywhere, keeps it standing and throws down. As soon as someone takes him down he works so hard for subs. The whole time talking to them. Amazing.

Only those who really didn't watch him, like this "UFC 1" liar @nac386 can say they don't enjoy watching him fight.

If this is old school Nick--from the Daley, BJ, etc. fights--I totally agree. But being older and taking such a long layoff, can he maintain his old "punches in bunches" style for the whole fight...and will his boxing be as sharp? I agree on Masvidal and have said the same thing. He couldn't even outstrike Gilbert Melendez, who's basically a smaller Nick with inferior boxing. Put a pressure fighter in front of Masvidal who has a chin (not Cerrone or Ellenberger) and he gets passive and loses.

If he fights, he's old school.

Nick Diaz will be washed up and behind a step after such a long lay off . I could see an underwhelming performance to be honest. Hope I'm wrong

Back