Nick Diaz Teases Move To Bellator: ''F*ck UFC''

Nick is just scared to take fights in the UFC because if he losses a couple his stock will go way down and even Scott Coker won't give him a fat paycheck.

The last fight he won was in 2011 vs a lightweight. He is just riding off the coattails of his past.

Here always comes one shertard that allows himself to accuse a mixed martial artist of being scared - which sounds especially ridiculous since it's Nick Diaz we're talking about.

His stock is being a legend of a sport and currently he's a millionaire with an income independent from UFC

Well your argument would hold some substance if Nate wasnt in the UFC as well, my entire point is Nick's worth for sponsorships outside of the UFC and the reebok deal.

And who sponsors AS since the reebok deal??

I think you've found yourself in a bad argument where your just arguing for arguments sake.

The problem is that you don't realize that 1/2 million in sponsorship money for a high profile MMA'ist isnt that big of a deal, where as you for some reason think that it is.

Erik Silva was making 60k a month off his sponsors.

Shuab was making more $$ off sponsors than his actual pay from the UFC.

You are under valuing how much an athlete is worth to Sponsors, and that's where the argument stems from.
Shaub stated he made over 100k a year in sponsors. Assuming he fights twice a year that is around 60-75k per fight in ad space on fight night and being a brand ambassador. That makes sense and it still isn't the easy half a mil you seem to think appears out of thin air. You are pretending agency and representation has no leg in sponsorship money. That is where the argument is. Look at who represents Brendan vs who represents Nick.

Companies look for ambassadors suitable for their brand. You think Nick Diaz will do for bodyarmor, hublot, burger king etc?? How much did Nick make in sponsorship pre Reebok UFC? I don't think it goes anywhere near the half a million dollar territory you think it is so easy to get. It's possible for a fighter to clear a lot of money but you need big companies to break that barrier. You aren't going to break half a mil by just selling adspace to companies on fight night. You need to be a brand ambassador. You think Nick is doing these shitty commercials?

Find me a quote on Erik Silva and 60k a month? If it's 60k a fight it would be more realistic.

I don't know. It sounds good but I think Nick is too weak for MW. In the other hand the only example we have is against Anderson who got busted.
I don't know but I really think he should stick to WW.

Diaz still fought perhaps the greatest MW of all time and heard the final bell. LHWs, including a former UFC LHW champ, cannot say the same.

I do agree that this is not the ideal weight class for Nick Diaz, but the guy seems more interested in fighting big names than making his way up at welterweight and taking the classic path to another title run.

Fighting Bellator’s MW champ would undoubtedly be appealing to him. Plus, it’s such a great matchup stylistically. I would tune in and watch for sure.

Here always comes one shertard that allows himself to accuse a mixed martial artist of being scared - which sounds especially ridiculous since it's Nick Diaz we're talking about.

His stock is being a legend of a sport and currently he's a millionaire with an income independent from UFC

Do you have an oz. of reading comprehension? He's scared of risking his value as a prize fighter, not getting in the cage and fighting you dolt. Nothing I wrote implied that.

One of Nick’s Instagram followers — courtesy of BJPenn.com — managed to catch a screen grab of Nick’s “story,” insinuating that things weren’t going too well between the two sides, and a move over to UFC’s biggest rival to work for Scott Coker was the better option.
DuA3K_wV4AAilrm.jpg_large.jpg
Screenshot_20181210_154428_Instagram.0.jpg

Scott Coker > Dana White

Confirmed.

Yeah. The UFC hasn't given him enough big fights he didn't deserve. He's entitled to more.

Nick got a taste for the big pay checks in the GSP and Anderson fights. Much like his brother did in the Conor fights. Now they both think they deserve millions. They are popular, but neither is a proven big draw without fighting a star like GSP, Conor and Anderson. Bellator has never paid a fighter close to what Nick will likely want

One of Nick’s Instagram followers — courtesy of BJPenn.com — managed to catch a screen grab of Nick’s “story,” insinuating that things weren’t going too well between the two sides, and a move over to UFC’s biggest rival to work for Scott Coker was the better option.

when he already has a ufc contract signed he cant be low balled.

this is why i want the diva brothers to just retire and go away

I hope Nick goes to Bellator. I'd love to see Douglas Lima fuck him up.

The Diaz brothers are fucking annoying. I'll never miss them fight (should they ever make it in a cage), but I'll never defend them again. Ever.

It's Nick Diaz.

anybody who believes a word that comes out of his mouth is an idiot.

when he already has a ufc contract signed he cant be low balled.

this is why i want the diva brothers to just retire and go away
How do they retire from not fighting? Does that mean you actually want them to show up and fight?
<LikeReally5>

at this point, i'm sickof hearing about diaz brothers. every time i get my hopes up about a bout agreement, they change their minds. i think theyre comfortable sitting on the sidelines, and right now, i'm comfortable with them doing that if it means they stop getting my hopes up.

they should only agree to bouts if they one hundred percent plan on following through. i;m off the diaz bus

Back