Nick Diaz opens as betting underdog against Jorge Masvidal

Nyyyyyyck Diaaaaaaaaz!
It's gonna be a good fight. Jorge may even take it if he boxes smart. Both guys are strikers with good body shots and straight punches. Both have great chins. It gon be goood!

This is exactly the kind of fight Nick would have relished on in the past. This fight is designed to make Nick look like a superstar, but the question is, what has a 4 year layoff done to Nick? As a huge Diaz fan, I think those betting lines are correct.

I'll be taking Masvidal.

I think Diaz should take this, assuming he's still the same fighter he was 4 years ago. ---

BetOnline released betting lines for the matchup and listed Diaz as a +135 underdog. Masvidal, the No. 9-ranked welterweight in the world, has opened as a +155 favorite.

Although Diaz may be considered the better fighter in the eyes of many combat sports fans, the Californian hasn’t fought since his controversial No Contest against Anderson Silva in 2015.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...-odds-underdog-nick-diaz-jorge-masvidal-fight
-------------------------------
Also, Jake Shields explains why Diaz bros haven't fought: https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...why-the-diaz-brothers-havent-fought-in-years/

Weird that he'd take the Masvidal fight if he's looking for money.

Hold up. Why is he the underdog at +135 and opponent is +155?
Eh Diaz hasn’t won since 2011 and he’s been out for almost 4 years. His fighting style never changes and there is a formula to beat him. Masvidal on the other hand is one of those guys who is well rounded but always try to fight to the opponent’s strengths

Because who ever wrote it is retarded especially considering betonline opened with Masvidal at -120 and Diaz at +100,not even what they are reporting.That's the problem with everyone copy and pasting other people's shit instead of actually checking or making original threads.Them saying Masvidal oppened as the favorite at +155 should have at least been noticed by TS.People are so lazy these days,articles are absolute shit in general.Generation of adderall induced clickbait trash.

Condit did the amazing never before thought of technique of circling against a slow footed fighter who refuses to adapt and becomes an easy target because he stops coming forward & does almost nothing once he gets frustrated except flip somebody off or stick his hands in the air. And Condit predictably one and his opponent and fans haven't stopped crying about it over half a decade later.
<{you!}>

Masvidal coasts most of the time and Nick will do his usual "what, there are rounds and scorecards now in MMA?". Honestly, I'm expecting an underwhelming and timid fight, ending by a narrow split decision.

Condit did the amazing never before thought of technique of circling against a slow footed fighter who refuses to adapt and becomes an easy target because he stops coming forward & does almost nothing once he gets frustrated except flip somebody off or stick his hands in the air. And Condit predictably one and his opponent and fans haven't stopped crying about it over half a decade later.
Nope, Condit did the technique "Velociraptor in Jurassic Park": Throwing himself on the fence, trying to locate a weak spot so he could escape.
Diaz haters haven't stopped lying about it over half a decade later.

Nick hasn't fought in years and if you follow his social media, he hasn't been training for years as well.

Masvidal is notoriously hard to put away and he's competent everywhere. He should be the rightful favorite here because he's been fighting and training consistently while Nick has been retired.

The best Nick beats the best Masvidal, but we have no idea where Nick is at these days, we just have to wait and see.

I'm fine with circling but Condit literally turned his back and ran.

Im sure he will bitch about the contract and how the money aint right and how the opponent is not who he wants yada yada ya.

Take that action. Diaz is a terrible matchup for Masvidal

MaAR0N5.gif

If Masvidal's last three opponents would have been Condit, GSP and Anderson he would be 0-3 as well.

Nick has a size advantage, boxing advantage, cardio advantage and has done better against mutual opponents

The only real question here is if Nick is still the same after 4 years of partying.

I disagree with a lot of this post. I would take Masvidal if Diaz is in the same form as 4 years ago. Also, I'd take Masvidal over Condit.

Suddenly Nick Diaz is 35 years old. He showed middle finger to his prime years and smoked weed instead.
What a guy.

I think the odds should be switched, honestly. Nick has 4 months to prepare and he's an experienced fighter. Also, Masvidal isn't a top fighter and is a good style matchup for Nick. Surprised, but maybe people who follow Nick closer know something I don't know.

Nicks only 35 and these years off likely preserved his longevity.

I actually think hes gonna be better than ever. At least for a few fights. Late 30s he will slow down for sure I'm just glad we get to see him again. Legend

If he's an underdog on mine I'm putting money on Nick.

Gamebred has too much balls to play the Condit 'running game'.
Nick wins in a scrapfest.
-fixed your post :)
Lol they are both down I cannot wait for this fight this is a dream fight for me

Back